Universal 2K DRIVE (By 2K Sports)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Jun 9, 2013.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is there a way to sync progress from the iPad to the iPhone? I have my progress on the iPad and it's not syncing. Only the stars and credits synced to my iPhone.

2. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    are there left/right touch controls in this game?

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

No mate. 4 options but the non tilt ones all involve an invisible joystick/slider on left and throttle / brake / gears on right.
    You couldn't have steering buttons coz u do need some kind of analogue control here really.
    Works well with tilt tho but I just tried the other method and it's ok too. Bit harder to stay dead straight. It still lets you swipe brake sideways for handbrake in this mode but that too feels more intuitive in the tilt mode with a finger for each pedal. Totally drivable with slider too IMO.

4. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I dont like tilt or slide controls. Touch left,right work great on Asphalt and real racing, so I dont understand,why its not possible here.

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

With auto throttle maybe but thats kind of strange unless you were having a fit or fell asleep at the wheel (totally possible in those two games I guess :p - only kidding)

EDIT: oh, you mean both steer buttons on one side of the screen, or one each side?

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Anyone?

7. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Both.But with arrows at the left and gas on the right, no auto throttle is necesseary.

8. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    When the update came out, the steering got all sorts of messed up.

9. john2k

john2k New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    2K Drive 1.6 is out!

Hey Guys!

2K Drive 1.6 is out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukG8KVVlM8

What's New in Version 1.6
    Hit the road with the British car pack!

- 4 new cars from British manufacturers including: Land Rover, Vauxhall, and Jaguar!
    - New events to keep you driving for hours
    - Restart button added to pause menu during events
    - Vehicle control improvements based on community feedback and support
    o Steering sensitivity adjustments for more precise handling
    o Reduced unintended steering inputs due to device movement
    o Increased virtual steering wheel graphic size to help with visual input
    - Minor bug fixes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2k-drive/id568869205?mt=8

10. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Do you know why progress doesn't sync from my iPad to my iPhone? Only the stars and credits synced, but I'm at 0 races completed.

11. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Getting user creation error.

12. OmnipotensZitro

Sep 19, 2013
    There needs to be a ghost for the leader on the leaderboards. Once anybody becomes first, there is no ghost to race against to improve their time. They have to wait until someone beats their time in order to get a ghost to race.

13. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Agreed

14. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Is there realtime multiplayer?

15. eobet

eobet Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    #415 eobet, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    I bought this during the sale, but what a waste of money! What a horrible, horrible game this is!

First it forces you to watch several intros, and then there's a ridiculous tutorial of sorts, and then if forces you to select between a bunch of crappy cars while teasing you with better options. Finally, it pummels you with not just one but two different kinds of F2P currency. In a paid game. What the f......?

And then the driving itself. Holy crap, how sad it is! Feels like driving through jello, basically. The controls are super slow and sluggish, and the cockpit camera has such bad tilt calibration that you think you're out on a boat. It literally made me sea sick, and I had to switch to an external camera instead.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but anyone looking into this, just get Real Racing 3 instead (I loathe EA, but there actually isn't an alternative on the iPhone right now).

You have been warned: Do not buy this game!

16. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Well I bought it, just to check out the graphics (yes I'm a total graphics whore). And just a heads up, if your on an iPad 2 w. iOS 7 don't buy this one. It's a crash fest, and the framerate is all over the place if you manage to get into a race without iOS closing the app due to the RAM usage. On iPhone 5, minor stutters here and there, no real problems tho. As for the freemium aspect I have no idea. Just wanned to check it out. :)

17. GT racing 2 is in soft release by gameloft, it is another alternative for you.

18. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Eobet:

You can turn the camera/horizon tilt on/off under settings, and adjust tilt sensitivity. If that helps.

What I wanna be able to turn off are those huge popup ads. Even it's for your own products 2K, you don't slap huge popups in peoples faces in a paid game. :/

Does anyone know of this keeps my progress and everything I've earned (stars, gold or whatever it is) in some cloud if I wipe the game of my device?

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Gave up on this game when I couldn't sync my progress from iPad to my phone. Bit of a shame because it is a pretty solid driving game.

20. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    same here..." the account only saves my stars & level but not game progress , lol
    why can't they just make a cloud save based on game center and save & load seamlessly like infinity blade 3