Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    I hope you can dude this game deserves popularity

2. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks for pointing this out :) will try to find a solution :)

Sure you can, but please be sure to specify its a beta in the title :) like “ala Mobile beta” or something

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Thanks! I’m now uploading a video and when it’s done, I’ll paste it here and give some better feedback with a few examples!!

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  4. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Nice! Glad that you have a channel to spread the word about this game also I’ll check out your video when you link it

CviGames likes this.
  5. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017

Here it finally is! As you can see, the car spins when you’re driving next to the road. And it also looks like there’s a hole next to the road. Hope this video helps with the development!

CviGames, Cooper04 and GPS like this.
  6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    That is some great driving Basco.. great video!

7. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Thanks man! Although i still need to be better at braking :)

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I dunno , you’re definitely out braking me! :( :)

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just had a thought after another race, It could be there and I just cannot hear it, but it feels like it’s missing the rumble sound when you drive over the kerbs...

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry, found another bug, in Canada quick race, went into the pits and the car drove right to the end of the lane, tried to turn right instead of left into the pit, drove into pit wall, then reversed, and starting spinning upright... very weird and disorienting.
    I did notice in the pits at other races the car goes past all the pit bays before stopping, is it possible for it to stop at an actual pit bay?

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just out of interest, I actually really like the Halo cockpit view, but It seems very thick and actually cuts off the view of the cars ahead..
    I’ve pinched a screen from the net of An upcoming F1 console title... is it possible that you could minimise your version of the halo a little.

Attached Files:

CviGames likes this.
  12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Not sure if this helps, up ahead is a full grid of cars braking for turn 1, but they are all but obscured by the halo upright, if it was thinned out a little it might help..
    Just a thought

Attached Files:

13. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Saw your video, Your pretty good at it.
    Glad that this game has a youtuber playing it now

CviGames likes this.
  14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you for pointing this out! I will fix it right now!
    Yes, in Montreal and Interlagos I inverted the pit position, it's just a matter of a + instead of a - ... this bug will be gone in next version.
    The pit bay is assigned depending on the position you start race. If you start last, you will be assigned the last bay :) They covers the entire length of the pit lane, in order to avoid traffic in the pit lane when more cars stop... In one of the next versions I will probably code an optimized pit bays logic.

Sure it helps, thank you :) I see your point, I should remodel the head protection system in order to be less invasive.

Glad you guys love the game! This thread is probably one of the most viewed and commented. It surprises me a bit that the most viewed and talked thread of this section (with users loving it and searching actively for bugs) did not get a single mention in one of the "Upcoming games" news. It means I have to improve it more and more, in order to deserve a mention :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    You deserve a mention from touch arcade in my opinion

GPS likes this.
  16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Couldn’t agree more!

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Forgive me, but regarding the kerb rumble sound I wrote "I'll fix it right now" not intending that at all:eek: I guess it's I just need to sleep:D
    Cars indeed won't produce any perceivable sound when running on kerbs. I have it all set up: a good audioclip for kerbs rumble, an high volume set.... but no matter what I do, they won't just play loud enough to be heard.
    I am having more than a trouble debugging the audio part: you may have noticed it from the "on-off" sound of the engine sometimes when shifting gear. This is absolutely something that needs a fix. Meanwhile... the new beta will be available in some hours with the following changelog:

-AI drivers will not hit you from behind like before: they'll tend to be less aggressive;
    -AI drivers will make less errors while driving around the tracks. In some tracks, they'll follow a better racing line;
    -The glitch that caused the player to win the race when pitting on the second-last lap has been fixed;
    -Montreal and Interlagos pit glitch is fixed;
    -Car gliding through the sides of the road, pointed out in Basco's video is fixed;
    -In some track, kerbs have been lowered;
    -All tracks now have their own mini-map in the setup screen;
    -All labels of leaderboards have been fixed (E.g., if you are in the Britain GP, you won't read "Australian GP" anymore);
    -Graphics improvements in some track.
    -The little windshield is again there... for some reason it didn't show up in the 2nd beta :rolleyes:.
    -Fixed some other little bug here and there :rolleyes:

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Sounds like some awesome work good job! You shouldn’t overwork yourself though

19. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you :) Once it's done uploading I'll go and get a rest, finally :D
    I forgot to mention, the bug you reported about Leaderboards showing the slowest time, and inverting positions, it's fixed too!

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Cool cause I was also confused when I was above your score when you nailed that time compared to me

CviGames likes this.