Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Fantastic stuff! Looking forward to testing it all out..
    I don’t think the rumble sound is a game breaker, don’t stress too much about it.

CviGames likes this.
  2. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    And another thing... I would like to know on which devices are you testing the game. I know Cooper is on iPhone X (did you notice something out of place? is the game hitting 60 fps without troubles and slowdowns?), and I assume from the youtube video that Basco is on iPad.. i would like to know which one, and same goes for GPS and all the other testers that wants to share :)
    Last thing: you guys are making Ala Mobile worth to play, your contribution is precious. Beta testers are my most precious allied and without you, the game would be just a collection of bugs. YOU are amazing!

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I am on a 9.7” IPad Pro, probably a year or two old now.. I haven’t noticed any frame rate issues.. the battery drains reasonably quick , but I’m guessing that’s due to the processing going on

4. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Just got the update! Gonna try it out

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I’m at work now , but I’ll be trying out the new update in a few hours....
    Tick tock.......tick tock...........

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I think you’ll like it

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    You are correct Cooper!

I do have a couple of things though
    My first race of the new update in Australia, I was turned around by the AI twice in 3 corners.. the AI seem pretty aggressive still..

Also I tried the tilt steering with the camera tilt off, and it’s still super twitchy, does that still need fixing?

Otherwise I will put in some more time in a little while

Cooper04 and CviGames like this.
  8. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Cool update! I’ll be playing today and I hope I can give you some feedback!

9. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I’m also playing on an iPad Pro 9,7 inch, I guess it’s 2 years old. I haven’t experienced any frame rate issues.

CviGames likes this.
  10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #270 GPS, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    The game runs a lot better in terms of the racing since the update, but I still feel the AI is a bit erratic. I just raced in Japan, got crashed into many times and overtaken by cars going straight through the final chicane and cutting other corners

The feel of the game is getting really close now , but I think the Ai still needs smoothing out.
    The other thing I’ve noticed is the AI are much much quicker in some corners than I can physically be, I turn at speed and the car understeers straight instead of turning, while the AI corner with no problems..
    Sorry to be painful :)

11. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you for your feeds guys! I see that, Gps, I will refine the AI In order to get it a little more cautious. This shouldn’t be a problem at all, and obviously I will correct their trajectory anywhere you’ll find out it’s quite “cheaty” :D
    If you can confirm that the pit bugs are all gone (winning the race from last place, steering in the wrong direction to box...) I guess I’ll upload the revised ai version on Monday/tuesday, and then in a few days we should be ready for the final release :)
    Thursday 12/07 if everything is ok. (I thought about Friday... but it’s a 13th :/

Cooper04 likes this.
  12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Friday 13, lucky for some I’m sure!
    Thank you so much for all your hard work, and taking everything I/we throw at you..
    I really think this game will do well for you, it would be well deserved for sure!
    No more winning from last place, that was going to be my best option :)

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  13. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I just got a weird bug. At the British Grand Prix, I got disqualified for no reason and the game sort of broke. I couldn’t go to the menu, I couldn’t see my speed, the car auto-accelerated and it couldn’t stop it. I had to close the game because I couldn’t do anything. Sorry, but I don’t have it recorded. Hope you understand what happened and that you can fix it.

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Oh, that definetely shouldn’t happen. Race director was probably drunk :confused:;)
    Joke a parts, do you remember in which part of the track this happened? Did the countdown appear on screen? Were you in the Pitlane when this happened?

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I haven’t really experienced any other serious bugs or stuff which is nice to know

16. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Yes, the countdown did appear on screen but I have no clue why I should’ve been disqualified. Maybe I was corner cutting too much :D
    I think the countdown appeared on the last corner but I tried to avoid it by driving backwards and it sort of worked. After a few second the countdown came back and I couldn’t do anything when it reached zero at the second corner of the lap. So I wasn’t in the pit lane when it happened. Hope this information helps with fixing this bug!

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Oh yes! That sistem may be triggered when you cut too much track... this is tied to the way the system handles the lap. It’s not a bug, but I can see the point. I can try to make it clearer that player is going to be disqualified due to corner cutting. And I have to check why it didn’t just stop the game and go to menu...

Cooper04 and Basco like this.
  18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I’ve only just noticed that the Singapore GP is not in the game?

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Another thought regarding the AI, two actually.
    I’ve also noticed that if you run into the back of the AI, or they run into you, both cars seem to get stuck to each other and slow down, it loses the flow of the race..
    With that in mind is it possible to put into the game some opponent indicators as a proximity guide to where the cars behind are?

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Sometimes I hear other car engines behind me and it pressures me lol

CviGames likes this.