Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    As Cooper suggests, you can choose between tilt and steer in the pre race menu, the one when you chose car settings and tyres :)
    Glad you think the game looks good!!! And I also hope that it’s just a first time impression about brakes, otherwise, I am here to hear your advices about it. After all, you are beta testers for this reason, to improve Ala Mobile :)
    In the menu settings there are only general options, like speed unity, music volume and enabling/disabling head protection system

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thank you, I didn’t t see that

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    All good..
    I just tried a race in Austria, I’m already getting a better feel for it using tilt..... it is quite weird, but a couple of things I noticed were all the cars got stuck at turn 2 and I was unable to move, once they cleared after maybe 10 seconds, I noticed there were a lot of bumps, which would send the wheels of my car into the air and make me spin or almost roll. This happens to the AI cars too.

One other thing, is there an option to turn off the camera tilt (horizon tilt)?

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Yeah I saw the traffic jam too but I thought it was kinda funny and I also did a roll but it did a triple roll and I was like B O I but I mean the bugs aren’t necessarily annoying sorta funny honestly

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    :O I fear I introduced some kind of weird bug somewhere then, before submitting the app.
    Do cars fly off??
    At the moment you can’t turn off camera tilt when using tilt steer. Can you pick a screenshot of this bug you are experiencing? Is it in easy, medium or pro AI mode? And on which device is it happening?

6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I had it on easy AI mode and on iPhone X

7. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    So, to resume the bug you are submitting:
    Beside the initial bottleneck, there is a problem where car start to literally jump from the road and do weird things?

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I was easy AI on iPad Pro 9.7”. My car didn’t flip, but it got bounced quite a few times.

I just raced in Aus. Won the race on easy.. It definitely feels to me that the brakes need more feel to them. It’s difficult to explain, but they just don’t seem to slow the car quickly enough initially, so I seemed to overrun the corners a lot.
    I noted some of the gear change engine sound down the straight in Aus was cutting in and out too.
    Sorry don’t want to throw a whole bunch of stuff at you straight away, just putting up, while I remember

Cooper04 likes this.
  9. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Well I just had this weird thing happen where I hit something and the car decided it wanted to be a airplane and flipped 3 times and then landed also when I hit little kerbs they seem to launch the car about a foot up

10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    It’s okay, I appreciate your effort in pointing out the issues :) concerning sound, I am aware of that strange bug, I’m scratching my head in solving it.
    Do you think a race line would help in getting the rights brake points? What would you guys do to improve brakes right now?

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    That would help a lot

CviGames likes this.
  12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    The race line may help for sure.. Let me think on the brakes feeling, I am honestly not sure how or explain it

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry to reference another game, but I just did a couple of laps in F1 2016 and the feeling with the brakes in that is they just seem to activate much faster, as y
    Soon as you tap them the car slows noticeably.. at the moment the feelin in ALA is that it takes a little time to slow..
    Not sure if that will help

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    #154 CviGames, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Kerbs are designed to push the driver to stay on the track. You can approach them on the track side, but if you try to jump on them, and damage are active, well, you will probably damage the car :) I tried to take an approach that is a good balance between arcade and simulation :)
    not only it helps, but I probably also found the culprit :D

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Great... gotta stop playing for a bit, will get on track later :)

Cooper04 and CviGames like this.
  16. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I played another race and took your advice cvi I immediately start braking when I see a sign with 200 or something like that on it and it works pretty well thanks and I’m really enjoying it. The one other glitch I found which gps also mentioned is when your changing gears
    The engine audio cuts out, but I’m still really liking this game and I’m grateful that I got to test it for you

CviGames likes this.
  17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I’ve just noticed that in time trial, when I select Bahrain it goes to the China track, and when I select China it takes me to Bahrain. Also I think you have it spelled as Bahrein Instead of Bahrain.

The only things on my wish list are the option to switch off the camera tilt, and either the ability to look rearwards to check where opponents are or a mirror of some time.

Otherwise the more I play, the more I like it! Just raced Spa.. good fun

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  18. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Is there only tilt steering right now?

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    No there’s tilt and buttons
    But it’s nearly 2:00 AM I gotta get some sleep

20. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Will fix those issues ASAP :) Mirrors Are on the to do list, im trying to make them as lighter as possible in terms of performance impact :)
    No,you can chose tap steering. In the pre race screen, where you chose tyre and setup, you can switch between tilt and buttons