An Idea but no idea what to do next...

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Bitsandpixeltester, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Bitsandpixeltester

Bitsandpixeltester Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Okay basically I have an idea of an app but I do not have the means or the gifts to create such an application. I was curious if anyone wanted said idea and they felt they could run with it. I don't know if this is even the right place but this idea I think could really be a hit.

2. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    All I'd say is that ideas are worth next to nothing... It's the implementation that has the value.

I'd just reccomend telling people what the idea is if you want it made. Or it your set on keeping it quiet then try learn to code or commission someone to have it made.

3. Bitsandpixeltester

Bitsandpixeltester Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Absolutely makes sense :)

Thank you for so much for the advice

4. ghostdogstudio

ghostdogstudio Active Member

May 13, 2009
    iOS developer, Beer drinker, Zombie puncher
    Convict Hill, TX
    Ideas have no fixed rate in my experience. Although I do agree there is great value in bringing ideas to fruition...maybe even bad ones.

5. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Everything starts from an idea. While there may be no set value in an idea, if it is original then perhaps it is priceless? Why not start to learn how to put it together. Even in a basic form. I think if you have something (even if it is Raw) then some developers might agree to a partnership of sorts. I would.

6. Noodler

Noodler Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    P.M

I sent you a P.M to HELP:rolleyes:

7. tantrikninja

tantrikninja Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Ideas are worth nothing???

right just checked. no finished products from tht studio on my HD. Figures.

8. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    If you have an idea and want a developer to show interest I would post some hints about what will be involved in creating it.

You don't have to publicly say what its USP is, just what the genre is, and hints as to its complexity to show what technical issues a dev faces.

For example, let's say you invented Tetris and want a dev to prototype it with a view to turning it into a finished game. You don't have to say exactly how the gameplay works, just that it is a single-player score-based 2D gravity block puzzler, where blocks fall and stack up in a new and unique way.

A dev that likes to do 3D games or hates doing puzzlers could rule it out, whereas others might think "I can knock up a prototype of that in a day! I'll help you!"

Most devs have more ideas than time to make them all but I do know plenty of devs have amazing technical ability and are after good ideas, but they will only approach you if you lure them in with some details to give them some idea how good it might be.