Universal 'Angel Wing' by Quantum Sheep - space pewpewpew action :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by quantumsheep, May 6, 2015.

1. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    *turns all the lights off and hides in the dark*

*tries to stay quiet*

*peeps out from behind the sofa*

*lets out a tiny baaaaa*

*thanks the stars he bought a year's supply of tea recently*

:D

Hello! How lovely to see you, sir!

Things have gone quiet here because the game won't be out till next year now, unfortunately. There are things I'm still learning, and things I want to add to the game, and it just dawned on me that I wouldn't be able to finish before the end of the year without compromising the quality I wanted from it :(

Sorry!

Though this year has been mainly learning stuff, I do feel horribly unproductive if I haven't released at least ONE game in a year, so I am desperately trying to get *something* smaller finished before Xmas!

I'm keeping quiet about it because I don't want to promise stuff and then disappoint people. I'm having a lot of fun making this secret game though, and it's going ok. It's very silly, and I've spent many a night giggling to myself about it :D

You can see pics of it on my Twitter sometimes (as I can't help but share things in the moment!).

But fear not - Angel Wing is still on the cards. Rather than rush it though, I'm learning lots and trying to make it as good as I can! Which is why it won't be out till sometime next year!

I'll be sharing more pics/vids/life experiences based around Angel Wing in January probably when I get back onto the game fully!

Hope you and the family are well, and thank you so much for thinking of me and coming to this thread! It means a lot! :D

*sheepyhugs*

QS =D

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    We're doing well, thanks for asking!

No rush on anything, just checking in. Don't feel bad about a lack of releases. Artists are allowed to take time producing their visions. :D

3. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Well that's very kind and generous of you! :)

Hopefully I'll have a nice surprise of some sort for you all before Xmas, though it may go to *after* Xmas thanks to the Apple Approval process which takes some time.

Needless to say I'm very very busy these days, so apologies if anyone feels I'm a bit out of touch! You can always follow me on Twitter of course (in my sig) as it's a lot easier/quicker to write 140 character posts than compose an epic poem of a post here (though I do enjoy those too!)

Thanks again, and remember: keep watching the skies!

QS =D

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Awesome news!!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us, your faithful will still be here when your done. In the meantime don't forget to take time for yourself. Keep being fantastic! :D

5. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    You are very kind, thank you :)

*pirouettes for the group*

I am, right now, a bit ill. Nothing serious, just a quick bout of flu I think, and I'm taking my medicine, honest, and drinking buckets of tea! (as usual!) :D

Other than that, I'm working hard on a game I thought would take a month or two at most, but has spilled over into something a little bigger than anticipated.

I'm hoping to have that done this year, though because Apple stops over Xmas and has a week+ review process, it is very unlikely to be released before January on iOS at least, maybe February. I just don't see me getting it on iOS before then, and I'm sorry about that :(

But hey, it's something to look forward to maybe. It's based in the Air Supply universe, but it is *not* an Air Supply game! It's more an adventure/visual novel, as I remember someone on these very boards suggesting I make something like that.

I had no idea I could make it so difficult for myself to make! :p

Angel Wing, on the other hand, is an even more complicated beast, and I'm still working on that of course. Because I'm learning Unity it's handy to make smaller games that you can learn from.

Angel Wing has been like driving a car 100 miles in first gear. It can be done, but it's slow and a bit gruelling.

Until you start another game, and use the knowledge from that to step up a gear.

So now it's going in 2nd gear!

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore! Suffice to say, the general gist is, "It all helps" :D

It's so lovely that people pop in and say hello in this thread. I really appreciate it and it makes me smile (even through the mucus!).

So thank you for that. Thank you all for your patience, and I'm still here, just a little older, a little slower, and none the wiser! :D

Be well!

QS =D

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    *pop*

Hello!

7. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    EEEK!!! :O

Oh! It's you! Hello, lovely! How've you been? :D

QS =D

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Not too shabby! Haven't been frequenting the forums quite as much due to life and such, but I'm always happy to see things going sheepily over here (in spite of a bit of the flu)!

9. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Glad things are ok! Sounds like you might be busy. Busy can be good, right?

Yep, bit of flu knocking me back a little. But not nearly as much as all the Star Wars hype and Doctor Who. They've taken over my Sheepy life :O

QS =D

10. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Hey all, just wanted to pop in and wish you all a Sheepy holiday in my own usual way ;)

[​IMG]

Hope you have a fab one, that you're all healthy in body and spirit, and that you all get at least one Star Wars related present for Xmas ;)

I will see a lot more of you in the new year! Promise! Till then, have a fab one :D

QS =D

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    * baaaaa # *

Hope my sheep is alright!

*baaaaa*

Any news?
    Though i can "easily" wait another half a year for your next incredible gaming experience. *hypes himself*

*baaaaa*

12. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Hello lovely! How nice to see you here! :D

The sheep is ok, thank you for asking!

*munches grass*

*sips tea*

:D

Angel Wing is not dead - it's just resting! Progress is currently 'on hold' for a number of reasons:

1. I have been learning how to use Unity and it's much harder than I anticipated :O
    2. I really want to add complicated story interactions to Angel Wing so that you can play the game through multiple times and have a different experience with it (think of how the colour changes in Air Supply add value to the game - the story interactions are another layer of awesome!). As such I'm learning to do that!
    3. Life gets in the way - for example, I recently spent a day getting in touch with someone who was illegally using my logo. It's all sorted now but wasted my day contacting the offending party, looking into my legal options, and generally being stressed :(
    4. Because I need to learn to do story interactions, I've been working on an adventure/visual novel kind of game as a 'proof of concept' called Gerty: Robots in Love
    5. Currently, I'm running into technical problems with Gerty (which is why I've not announced it here officially yet)

Gerty has ended up being my biggest game yet. Here's the latest screenshots for you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel awful that it's taking so long, because Angel Wing is definitely still happening, I'm just not sure when. I have to be confident I can make it, and make it good, and with each new Unity game I make I'll get closer and closer to it.

For example - I am learning a bunch of stuff about how Unity saves player progress, as well as animations and variables and stuff. Basic stuff for sure, but it requires some rewiring of my tiny sheepy brain to learn :O

This will be essential for Angel Wing, and other games. These are tiny lamb steps in the right direction, and I apologise if I disappoint anyone - that's not my intention! Believe me, no-one is more aware that I haven't released anything since December 2014 than me - it gnaws at my little sheepy mind every day - and I'm working hard to get this done so I can move forward!

But thank you for popping in - I've tried to pop into other threads here on TA as I miss interacting with you all! If you want to keep up with me on Twitter, that's where I'm mainly at, so please do give me a follow on there!

*sheepyhugs* for you and my beloved DOTTAF - you are awesome :)

QS =D

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm going to be saying this all day at work. :D

14. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    :D :D :D

Lovely to see you! Glad you're not bleeding!

:O

QS =D

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #135 JCho133, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    :-O

You never fail to delight, QS!

Hope you don't encounter anymore thieves!

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Worth the wait!

I'm only here, no twitter and such.
    Read you around someday again with news to this game. *baaaa*

17. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Me too! :O

I'm still working hard here, so will make a new thread hopefully sometime this month if all goes well with Gerty. Then we'll hopefully be able to have a few laughs, share some tea and biscuits, maybe a few sheepyhugs?

WHO KNOWS!??

I'm looking forward to getting reasonably competent again so I can just make games, rather than worry about all the technical mumbo jumbo i have to deal with!

Still, when it works, it's fun :D

Thank you for stopping by to see this old Sheep! :)

QS =D

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thinking sheepy thoughts. Sending the Master Sheep some epic vibes. We miss you around here!!! [​IMG]

19. Those Gerty Screenshots look nice!

20. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    *RUNS SCREAMING*

That cat is HUGE! :O

Thanks, that's very kind!

I put up a few new ones today here.

I don't want to talk about Gerty too much in this thread as it's not the right thread!

But I don't want to make a Gerty thread till I've tested it works ok on iOS first.

I mean, it *should* work ok - but I'm being cautious!

Sorry everyone! I hope to be back here soon though! And there will be tea and biscuits for EVERYONE! \o/

Right! Back to work!

QS =D