Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame 3d rpg (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Err.... I think you should check out their GDC gameplay , there's a reason why this forum barely reach 50 posts .

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I sincerely hope that the game has improved from that, with real environmental features instead of just textures everywhere, like the grass, but from my experience the first game was pretty well-received, and this is only an upcoming thread.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hope GDC gameplay was just placeholders because those graphics are, quite frankly, unacceptable in 2015.

4. abh037

abh037 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Let's keep in mind that that was before any of the story or quests was implemented, and was also over seven months ago. They've probably done a lot of polishing since then; I have faith in these guys. Ravensword and the first Aralon had very good graphics for their time, and even Exiles, despite its disappointing lack of content, was a very visually pleasing game. The graphics department is the least of my worries.

5. abh037

abh037 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    I heard this was getting submitted soon. Any word on a definite release date?

6. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
  7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  8. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    very good game

9. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    About time!

10. Anonomation

High hopes. Honestly.

11. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Crescent Too Soon

Their last few games have launched in unfinished states. I wish them luck as to this day Aralon is the single-player MMo experience on mobile you never expected to get and enjoyed.

Fingers crossed

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That doesnt sound right. :D

13. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Although I really enjoyed Ravensword: Shadowlands, it never really felt like an open world. The loading times from area to area broke up the feel of one connected world. It also was almost claustrophobic in the sense that it tried to represent a large area, but it really wasn't. You really noticed you were in a small sandbox each area.

For me personally this system was borderline acceptable in Dragon Age Inquisition as each world was not only large, but also a totally different area versus Shadowlands, which literally stitched one world together from loading screen to loading screen in virtually all cases.

Of course we are talking mobile here, so I am not saying we need Dragon Age Inquisition like proportions, but I really do hope the immersion of one big coherent world can be maintained in this latest CM RPG game.
    I've played only a tiny bit of Aralon sadly, but I do own it. Perhaps I should download it again and give it a proper play through while I read the impressions of this latest iteration once it's out in the wild.

14. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Does seem like they only recently announced however I'm glad to see it coming out soon. Hopefully we get that rpg experience we had with the first aralon

15. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Great teaser looks very cool!

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    just cant wait for this. cool teaser josh. i know i can expect quality on this one.

17. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Instabuy! I really can't wait to play the squel of the best mobile RPG!

18. Anonomation

That's amazing progress. IMO there should be more people- I'm not complaining, it already looks good, I just like dense population in games when I rub them in people's faces! :)

19. Stetch

Stetch New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 23, 2015
    Graphic Designer. Large format printer.
    Sweden
    Just lovely :)