Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame 3d rpg (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    You guys should just use most of the assets from Ravensword:Shadowlands so your not starting from scratch! I don't care if there are monsters and animals, or people and stuff look the same if there is more different ones, too, and lots of them all around. I think Shadowlands was awesome, it just lacked good AI and needed to be filled with tons more stuff inside the buildings and cities, and out in the countryside so I just say use what you already modled for Ravensword and add a bunch more to fill the world, and add more quests!

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    They should keep it more aralon and not ravensword. I mean this isn't ravensword 3. They will prolly use the same graphics engine as shadowlands but I hope they don't have the same creatures and enemies.. What nuke said is almost exactly what I'd love to see.

3. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Okay, I see what your saying. What if they just used stuff like barrels, cups, plates? That sort of thing. I was just playing Skyrim this weekend and I just thought about how much stuff is in tge game! It's crazy! I wish Aralon 2 gets lots if stuff, too. And I hope you can steal most of it because in Shadowlands, you can't steal almost anything! I'm not saying make it easy to steal stuff, but at least let it be possible to steal some armour or weapon.

4. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    And a lot of skyrims models is just used over and over again in the world. No big deal to me.

5. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Hell, even a lot of voices are the same haha! Who cares, it works!

6. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah i know! I just pray that you can buy and decorate you own home. That was one of my favorite parts in shadowlands by far!! Shadowlands just seemed like there wasn't anything really in the world or going on around the world. I hope Aralon 2 has the feeling skyrim does, the feeling that there is so much in the game/world and so many things to do. Aralon 1 kinda had it besides the whole buying/decorating your own home.

7. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    You must like the Sims then. I never play like that. I didn't build anything in Ravensword, haha!

8. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I agree that it is important to fill the world. I think what made Skyrim so awesome is the fact that they have such an adaptable framework. You can literally control how the game plays by simply trying out a bunch of your own crazy ideas and then see how the game world reacts. In a lot of ways, Ravensword 2 has a very similar framework to Skyrim. When I play Shadowlands, I can see that crescent moon has taken a lot of what makes this type of game so great. I know Aralon 2 won't be "Skyrim," but I have a feeling, based on the Ravensword framework, it is going to be much closer to that type of feel. That said, I loved Aralon 1, and I loved Ravensword 2! Just please give us a little bit (I mean, a lot) of both guys! I really think that's what we're going to get. I can't wait!

9. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Yeah, that's part of what made skyrim so immersive.

10. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    #150 geno11233, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    What would really blow my mind is if they had how like in skyrim different things happen at night then during the day, like how a person wouldn't be outside doing farm work at night because they would be inside sleeping, but if you wait till the day you would be able talk to them outside and get the quest from them. Obviously not just a person doing farm work but multiple things of the sort.

P.s I hate the sims lol I need weapons and combat to even like a game, but that's just me.

11. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    And please josh, post some first person screens holding a weapon and casting a spell whenever you decide to post the new screens. PLEASE!!

12. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Yes, give the NPCs of the world tasks that they are doing regardless if you are there interacting with them. I personally don't like it when they just stand there doing nothing. I prefer having to find someone, whether that means they are in their house, walking around town, or, like you said, doing their job.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    ok - when I do, I will... :)
    don't have any just yet...

14. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    That's exactly what I'm talking about #

15. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    That's fine, but thank you so much!! # I'm way too excited for this and exiles it may be unhealthy lol

16. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    This looks like a mishmash of Oblivion and Skyrim, for a third time by CM. You guys really outdo yourselves in this department. When this comes out, instabuy from me. (I assume it's another $6.99 price tag? ;P)

I do hope to see different classes of weapons (ex: iron, steel, dwarven, etc. etc.), as that's what I miss about the old Aralon, and (somewhat) Ravensword.

But all that aside, this looks to be yet another CM title I'd love to pick up.

17. ToonuvaGames

ToonuvaGames Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Game Developer
    Burlington, Vermont.
    had me at Oblivion. Can't wait!

18. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I still have my KotN copy for my PC. Still breathtaking even though it was made back in... 2006(?)
    Still cannot find Daedric crap, though. That's what's letting me down. :c

19. Kyoshirin

Kyoshirin Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I wonder if they would make a class like dual weilder in aralon 1 but give the option to switch your second sword to a spell hand and be able to switch back :0.... A dual swordsman with spell capabilities would be sick kinda like the knight in aralon 1 but with more spells for perhaps ranged attacks "drools as I daydream about it " haha

20. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Oooor a Mage that can duel wield ###