Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Glad you like the ~ button :) That was Michael's idea, and better than my dumb triple tap on the title :p

Not sure about the Kodan ships, we're still deciding what to do for the next update. Have some ideas, but really need to sit on them for a bit and try a few things :) I can definitely swap around the ships though!

I am all set up for cross overs, so I will start hunting down people who are interested. Luckily there is a really strong mobile dev scene in Australia, so I can hit a few people up :p

Don't worry about the mediation either - it should be optimising the ad playback, but I appreciate the concern.

ALSO! In other news, the Android version will be released end of the week, along with this latest update! If any android users want to give the game a go a bit early, it's available on open beta on the play store now.

http://bit.ly/astroattack-android

Any playtesting would be greatly appreciated :D

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice. How far back will the game work on android? I have my old Motorola Xoom tablet I could charge up.

Billy

3. I'm not totally sure :p I've been testing on a note 4, but it should run ok on something like a Nexus7 too

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Update is live! You really want this update! For anyone who has never played this you want this game!

Billy

5. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    #305 uti4, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    wow-wow-wooow! fps moode

read it in the update's desription here! updating the game right now! Will post here later.

update:

- how to unlock FPS mode???
    - speeed control settings are awesome! that's what I was looking for in here. Faster response from the sensor and reaction to my finger moves really improves the score.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You need to have any Doom ship unlocked. I give you that much.

Billy

7. Woo! iOS is live! Android version is out!

So excited to get people playing this new build :D

8. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    THANKS, Billy!!!;)

9. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    How about ninjas vs zombies in Astro Attack?;)

Hey Mr_Snuffle, how does it sounds? Let's connect if you're interested.

Cheers,
    AdoreGames

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm charging up my Motorola Xoom. It's an old tablet. It has a unique version of Android and was the first dual core. I'm dying to see if it works with the game lol

It has Android Honeycomb from google itself. It's not bastardized.

Billy

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #311 LordShad0wz, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Yes yes yes yes ! Hell yes!

A Ninja firing ninja stars in Astro attack would be kick ass! And vice Versa it would be hilarious having Astro at the top of the tower firing down bolts hahahaha!

Two great games!

On another note I just got the achievement for destroying 10,000 invaders lol. Phew.

Billy

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No. Nice work to you and your team for such a kick ass game that has kept me engaged since day one of beta!

Billy

13. You've been an amazing support :)

With the plans for the next update, we're looking at making a new theme for Halloween :D We'll have more details on that in the coming weeks!

And Adore - I shot you a PM if you want to chat :)

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice! That's a great idea! I can't wait to test it out when it's time.

Billy

15. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    PM read and email sent! :cool:

16. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey, the game is featured under the banner "arcade shooters" on the front page of the games category of the App Store. Really cool.

17. That's awesome :)

Sorry I've been a bit quiet the last few weeks, but I burnt myself out pretty hard on the last update and needed a breather.

That said, today I was working on gif sharing, so expect a beta update in the next couple of weeks :)

18. KittyWhisker00

Mar 20, 2016
    Ughh. #❓ I wish I knew how to unlock secret characters! I was born in 2000 so I don't get a lot of references and probably hints too. I wish I knew the commands to the game too. I usually rely on a game being popular (like Crossy Road) and being able to look up how to get secrets. Can't find anything for this game online. Any help or good hints anybody?:):):)

19. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    From what I can tell all the codes you need are from the original Doom game. I don't remember the codes but a quick google search did it for me. Good luck.