Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I did a Google search and tried all the cheat codes I could find and the only one that I could unlock was God Mode. Could not find any codes that worked for the other 5 locked ships ##### #

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. The codes from Doom are just for activating the 1st persons shooter mode. The secret ships have their own way of unlocking, most of which I haven't discovered yet my self.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The other secrets require you to do things. For instance it could be simply using all the ships in a single theme like they used to on the TV show (Major hint there) or to use a fighter from 2 themes that are similar.

Some hints are very very tough.

Billy

4. Hey everyone, just as a quick update, I've been chipping away at the next update when I can find time. Was planning on getting a beta update last weekend, but ended up going to the beach with my partner. (I don't think she would have liked it if I worked while we were on holiday :p)

I have managed to make some progress though, big feature I want in the next update is Gif sharing. I've never been that happy with the screenshots, so looking to replace them game captures that really show off your last moment.

There should be a beta build out on iOS and android next week :D

5. Hey everyone! Just pushed out the latest beta update :)

Here are the change notes:

This update introduces the new GIF sharing - or that jif? Nope. It's GIF! Anyone that says otherwise is full of lies and slander.

We don't have the new ships in this update, but there are some other changes we'd love you to test. We've rebalanced the coin rewards to just be generally move... generous. More coins for more stuff, which means more Astro Puffs! Which means more ships! Hooray!

Changes:
    - Share dem GIFs (definitely not jifs)!
    - More coins for more things!
    - Fixed the language getting locked out of Turkish
    - Fixed broken share image for the Ornith

Things that are still broken
    - The GIF render quality isn't the best, will be improved for the final version
    - No score is being rendered over the GIF
    - The GIF popup still needs some work, it's a bit janky
    - Early game performance is dropping a few frames

Things to test
    - Spam the internet with GIFs!
    - What do you think about GIF sharing?
    - What do you think about the new coin rewards?

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #326 LordShad0wz, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    I love the new gif sharing. I just did a test to Twitter and I see you saw it. Lol.

Wow you really bumped up the coin rewards. Nice!

Billy

7. Thanks :) I still want to make the capture better, but it's a start. I felt there are enough ships in the game now that I don't need to be stingy with the coins :) There is plenty of content to unlock now!

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #328 LordShad0wz, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Well it doesn't matter to me anymore. I've played and tested so much even with unlocking everything I have 65,000 coins lol

I wish there was a counter for every ad I've watched. Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 1000 views. I've played this game for hours at a time constantly doing missions.

The coin doubler is absolutely worth the money though. If nothing else to get the Coinship Astroprize. That was such a nice idea of making it a ship with its own unique attack. Plus you went further and doubled everything. Not just in game coins but from missions and ads.

Billy

9. Hey everyone! The latest test flight update just went live, with some spooky new ships :D

Patch notes as follows

Attention Pilots, we have another mission for you! We've got some new SPOOKY ships for you to fly. Unlock them today, and share your adventures with our SUPER STATE OF THE ART Gif sharing system! All the cool kids share gifs!

New in this version
    - Four new spooky ships to fly!
    - Improved GIF quality!
    - Score and logo overlays on GIF shares

This is close to our release version, with one more ship to go!

Things still broken:
    - Hopefully nothing!

Things to test:
    - Try out the new ships
    - Share the Gifs!

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    So far nothing seems broken. It took me about 8,000 coins to get all 4 new ships.

I don't want to give away too much but I effing love the new ships and new enemy designs. They are awesome!

Truthfully I don't ever think I've thought any of them sucked lol.

But I posted two of them to Twitter using the new gif feature and said what my favorite was. So if anyone wants to see them check my Twitter. I also wanted to see the changes to the gif sharing feature. It is working great.

Really awesome job James. Tell the team. Great idea doing the entire Halloween theme too.

For Christmas I expect to be flying as Santa shooting down some grinch enemies lol

Billy

11. Awesome :) I passed on the feedback. Glad you like the ships :D

12. Halloween update just went live :D

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's a really great update ladies and gentlemen. Go get it!

Remember for Christmas I want to be Santa in a sleigh shooting at Grinches and evil snowmen with red eyes from hell.

That's all.

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #334 LordShad0wz, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    This is my favorite Halloween Ship. The bones on the ship in the picture actually move around the ship. The second favorite ship is the secret ship which I won't post here. Buuuuut if you want a spoiler I did post it to my Twitter just now.

This game just gets better and better with every update. It really does. This is one of my all time IOS favorites.

Billy

Attached Files:

15. Beta update 1.4.1 just went live on test flight. Nothing major in this version, just fixing a few things and improving performance on older devices. Let me know if there are any issues though!

16. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Just saw this in the annual round up of hidden gems and immediately picked it up. It's fantastic. Free-to-play done right, lovingly made, opt-in ads only, and most importantly, excellent gameplay. I'm always happy to support independent game developers like this so buying the coin doubler was a no-brainer. Thanks!

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Very glad you found this and are enjoying it! I'd been following this game for a long time and had wanted to write something about it several times before and just never had the time. This game was the main catalyst for wanting to do that hidden gems article so hope some other people are able to discover it now :)

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games. Wait until you unlock everything. There are so many awesome ships and secrets. Take a look through the thread for some tips. There's even a 3D mode with some of them :)

Nice you purchased the Coinship Astroprize. You can't go wrong there! It's a great deal because it doubles everything in the game. Plus it's just an awesome ship!

The dev is planning on another update or starting work on another set of ship updates in January hopefully. That's the other best thing about this game. The dev team is so supportive.

Billy

19. Glad everyone is enjoying the game :) Was awesome to see the game show up on the hidden gem list. We do have another update in the pipeline, and will have some details soon!