Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Eduku, Jun 18, 2010.

1. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Exactly.

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #42 CygnetSeven, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    Why can't developers be identified just like moderators and administrators are? (In my mind I here Steve Ballmer ranting, "Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers") Then we could all have avatars. Of course I wouldn't want to see the avatar selected by some of the odd ones in this family. (You all know of one, I'm sure.) I'm sure the moderators would spend most of their time policing the avatars.

Also (while we're at it) I don't think juniors should be allowed to start threads as their first post, they always stick them in the wrong spot. Kids.

3. He didn't disagree, he just posted spam.

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #44 Eduku, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    By 'someone' are you referring to me? Because I haven't seen any disagreements in their posts, just critisisms and insults.

If you weren't referring to me, then my mistake.

5. I addressed that. I think he may have been referring to you but never read your quoted post.

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    You came in way too early. Wait til people stop caring about to too much or until they get their answer, then when it gets off topic a little bit, completely blow it open and then cause it to be locked. Noob.

Also why do we even need avatars? Individualism and related stuff is all bullshit needed by pansies to feel more secure about themselves. I like it the way it is now because I get to see develeoper comments, which are actually helpful. They're never "wahhh the game went on sale waah I theoretically lost 99 cents waahhhh" or "tihs gaem is gay updte naow". If we have avatars for everyone it means

1. longer loading times on ipods
    2. more clutter.
    3. more work for mods
    4. people will be encouraged to ask for more useless things like star-rating things I see on other forums, banners in sigs detailing their MLGPROMW2PWN WIN-LOSS RECORDS, etc. etc.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Exactly, it's like WTF. Choose an individual name that paints a picture rather than have a stupid little gif. It's nice because you can tell the "feature" of the Dev. Like Schurlpug is Damgerous Dave.

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #48 Eduku, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    You do raise valid points, despite the load of hypocrisy at the beginning (why do you wear the clothes you do, why do you have your hair the way you like? etc. etc. plus the pansies bit is just plain insulting and discredits the argument, sounding more like an attempt to appear more 'macho' or whatever). However, I don't think that people would be inclined to ask for useless stuff, since avatars are pretty much standard for forums. The first two points have already been regarded, but the third one is up to the mods, I guess, which we can't do anything about.

9. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    I gotta say I was on the fence on this one until The Wiz dropped da shiz on the topic and opened my eyes. As usual, articulate and informative. Thanks Shizzy, you da man!

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    You might want to wipe your nose off.

11. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
  12. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    There is a big difference between brown nosing and @ss kissing. :p

13. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Maybe just for Senior Members? Or they have to be approved by mods?

14. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #54 da shiz wiz 19, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    You have to admit that avatars for individualism is a load of bullshit though. The only people I ever hear talking about individualism like it's a necessity truly are pansies (Honestly not trying to be poser macho boy, but it's the truth as I've seen it. Maybe I've watched too many cartoons/preteen movies?).

Clothes and hair? Somehow all those cliches we all see in movies don't seem to translate into real life. Where I live, no one gives you shit what you dress like or how you look. I'm on the robotics team (super nerd central) , yet I hang out with kids on the football team. Might just be me :confused:

Steve...uh thanks...hope that wasn't sarcasm :p

Actually I've been thinking about that. If you're kissing someone's ass, your nose will get poop all over it, thus it will become brown. So then you are brown nosing. So brown nosing is ass kissing.