Universal [Beta] Oraia Rift: Action/Adventure game with Zelda like puzzles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheRoyalQuest, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah! Best news I've heard all day! :)

2. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thank you all!

I'm excited and waiting for Apple review team to approve it hopefully without any issues ;)

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I guess it's too late but I'll report this anyway just in case it's a glitch. In temple of earth with the two switches that keep resetting after a second or too and the door closes. The door guarding heal and triple bomb spells. I just kept hitting the switches and eventually the door stayed down just barely long enough for me to roll and run to get passed it to get the spells but then I was stuck in there so I just turned the game off and on and I started at the nearest check point but I still had the spells. Is that supposed to happen? Seems like a glitch and if it is it might work anytime throughout the game if someone gains access to something too early. Just thought I'd ask about it.

4. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Also an option to move the touch buttons where you want would be cool. Go in to settings and go to controls then it lets you grab the spells and the touch analogs and move them around and pinch to resize buttons. Because some spells I want to go around the attack button in stead of having to go to the middle of the screen to push spells also on the iPhone 6 plus it feels like the analog buttons are too close to the corners so itd be cool to move them away for those of us with bigger thumbs.

Thanks again for letting me in the beta I love the game unfortunately I won't be able to buy it since I have no income right now but it was still fun, it gave me a chance to try a good premium game ahead of time and give feedback before hand all for free lol.

5. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi Dbagga,

No issues, for that puzzle it's not very big deal if someone did break into it, look like the new "Roll" do help with this.

I'll then make sure it is locked, if you don't properly solve it, and push that as an update (that's why there's update in the App Store ;))

No issues about playing Oraia Rift for free, I hope you enjoyed it! It's a free beta anyways for you to provide me back with feedback, and that's what you did!

Even after the game is released if anything you may send me email, I can always push updates in the App Store!

6. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Question if anyone is willing to help me choosing search keywords ;)

If you we're going to use the "App Store" search to find a game similar to Oraia Rift, what words would you write in the search bar? (I already have these: Puzzle,Adventure,Oraia,Rift,Action,Role,Playing,RPG)

Hahaha, First I will say I fixed it, the delay is now much more.

But I really have no idea how did you pass :D It is very hard for me to pass, maybe because I'm testing on PC? If you we're able to pass it then enjoy the new spells ;) They won't create any issue in the game at all.

I won't update the beta though, so these fixes will be applied for the final versions of the game.

7. dbagga84

May 22, 2013

8. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    #188 Wizard_Mike, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Don't do that. It can get your game removed from the App Store. TouchArcade did a story a while back about a game that got removed for putting the names of other games as keywords.

9. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi Mike

Yes off course, trademarks are not allowed strictly in the keywords section.

Though, if you have any words you recommend I'd use them ;) Not other games.

10. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Hmm. A few that might fit could be quest, puzzle, fighting, and combat. Magic and spells, too, as said by the previous person. I know you have role playing already, but you might want to throw in "rpg", too, since that is a common search keyword.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

11. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thank you!

Yes I have RPG, not sure why the forum keep adding space after the "G"

12. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Any chance at all this is gonna be out tonight? I can't waittt.

13. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ah, I see it now. I'm using the TA app, and it's cutting off your post a tiny bit so that I missed it.

Attached Files:

14. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    I doubt he got such a fast review, but one can hope... I think a more realistic date would be friday or monday.

I hope it makes the "Best New Game" section to help it get noticed.

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Expectations high for this one and have a feeling this is going to live up to them.

Very excited to play this and hope it's a huge success.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Expectations high for this one and have a feeling this is going to live up to them.

Very excited to play this and hope it's a huge success.

17. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    You can say that again.

Oh, you already did! Hehe.

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Oops...sorry

19. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    For people asking about the release day, I plan the 25th of Sept as mentioned earlier, providing all the plans go smooth ;) There are some other stuff that is scheduled on the 25th.

20. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    This is one of my favorites that I've played.
    The controls are smooth. There is a lot of exploring, which I love!
    Graphics are fantastic!

I was wondering.... When I a fighting three enimies at a time, is there a way to replenish my life? I am unable to break barrels while I am fighting and if I run they come after me. So.... If I am in a fight with low life, I already know that it' shame over and it is just punitive.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks!