Universal [Beta] Oraia Rift: Action/Adventure game with Zelda like puzzles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheRoyalQuest, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Looking awesome!

I love how the combat has developed. The first video you showed of combat (in the old thread) seemed almost puzzle-ish with the teleporting around and casting spells (which might have been fun, but seemed like it wouldn't have the right feel and sense of danger). The combat now looks much better now. More immersive and greater sense of actual fighting and danger.

Keep up the great work!

2. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait

The combat had been rewritten from scratch thus took some time, but the game is being developed for you guys so I'm reviewing all your comments and working on them one by one ;)

I'll keep following the comments and improve on whatever possible.

For now, I'll work on more side stuff for game, adding birds, underwater creatures, improve on the puzzles and animate story NPCs, these should take few weeks (4 to 8) and a beta then hopefully will be ready.

3. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Well done. Combat system Looks similar to Ocean Horn, one of my favorites games.

4. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    #44 q8phantom, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Thanks a lot for the comment, I tried to make the combat a game by itself to enjoy ;) Challenging from the begging till the end! so that players enjoy slashing the rift dwellers even after completing the game ;)

It's not only about being powerful, if you notice some monsters have reverse spells against some elements, so it require players to use the correct spells at the correct time ;) Ex: Fire dwellers have the power to melt ice, so using "Freeze spell" on them have no effect.

Do you think I should write this in the original post?

5. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thank you everyone for the comments/feedback, I have decided to consider everyone who write up great comments (Including the previous ones) and put up the names on the credits page, that is to support everyone who's giving the amazing comments and making this happen! ;)

6. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    [​IMG]

I'm now working on some environment background creatures ;)

7. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Can't wait for this game it looks so cool and awesome, awesome job guys

8. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thank you!

Which part did catch your interest the most?

9. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Those creatures are going to add a lot of depth to the environment, I love that you added those.

I would maybe think about having a three hit combo and then later unlocking the last hit of the combos in the teaser to make it a four hit combo. It looks awesome but a little too much for a simple three hit combo.
    It looks like you plan on having multiple weapons in the game too?

Keep up the great work man!

10. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I apologize if I have harsh criticism but I want your game to look really good!

Anyways, is it just me or is the outline of the right feather of the bird does not match its shadows?

11. young jeez

young jeez New Member

Jul 2, 2015
    wow wow wow

This is still easily one of my most anticipated games for Ios

12. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi 6thDay, thank you for the feedback! There's 100% no need to apologize, I'm sharing my progress if you guys have any feedback to share with me, the game is made for you.

Regarding the shadow I'm sure it's because of the mobile camera, I took a photograph of my PC screen from my iPhone and shared it, it is blurry. Can you check the trailer and let me know if you notice the shadow issue there?

As well, shadow is a Unity3D engine feature, if you notice the issue in the game trailer, I'll message them up.

Hi Geno! Thanks a lot, everything you have written is correct and is already in the game, there's 8 mini shops in the game, scattered across Oraia, containing 8 upgrades, 2 of them contain weapon upgrades.

Weapon upgrade 1: Weapon is double the power of the previous one, but the effects is still regular.
    Weapon upgrade 2: Weapon get the explosive power on the last hit (Which in turn, affect all rift dwellers in range).

The shop will sell the weapon depending on selected character, so each character have different weapons (There's 8 characters).

When you start the game in SkyFang, it will be challenging, when you are near the end, and you try to go back to SkyFang to grind for some gold, you'll feel really powerful against the monsters in SkyFang.

Your gold collection will barely be enough for upgrades, I wanted to make sure the game is challenging from the start to the end, other than the Puzzles which are also challenging themselves.

13. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi again everyone!

I would like to say first thank you everyone for the feedback, it is really amazing! I wish the game is shaping towards what you guys like to see. The development is going great and on track, I would love if it's possible to get a feedback pre beta, I would love to have the game as complete as possible, before asking you guys if you like to join the beta program or not, so that if you started playing the beta version, it will be very very similar to the final game, instead of playing the beta.

Basically if you are interested I would send you few questions and we chat together, something that will take only 5 minutes or maybe even less (Unless you want to spend more), if you are interested in providing feedback privately, please let me know by posting here, or sending me a private message.

14. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I'd be interested in this when it's ready.

Just send me a PM :)

15. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    PM sent ;)

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I have 2 questions:

1) Does this game have ranged weapons? (bow/crossbow or something like that)
    2) It will be released worldwide INCLUDING Azerbaijan or US/UK only?

17. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    I'd be interested too in this game. Since i'm a big fan of Zelda inspirwd game!
    Would nice to try a betaof this game #

18. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hello everyone,

I just got MFi full controller, with analog sticks, L1,L2, R1, R2 and I'm going to work on it for the beta as well.

I'll answer the questions raised soon when I get some free time.

19. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    #59 Robbie1350, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    I love the art style and how the battle system is and how you could use spells too and I love the animation to it there's nothing to hate about it and the game would be a whole lot better for me that I get to use my controller since it supports mfi

20. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    1) No, initially the game was planned to have ranged weapons, but with the latest development it has been removed, the combat revolve around short range and melee weapons combined with spells

2) Off course the game is planned to be released world wide, the begging the game will support "English", and I will see from there on if the game need to be translated in the future.