Universal [Beta] Oraia Rift: Action/Adventure game with Zelda like puzzles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheRoyalQuest, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoyBoy15

WoyBoy15 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I forgot to put I have a iPhone 5s with no mifi and an iPad2

2. DoctorJJ

DoctorJJ New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Beta Test

Count me in!
    I have an iPad 3 with the latest iOS.

3. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'd love to beta test. I have iPad mini 1 and iPad Air 2, 128gb

4. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Beta started

Hello everyone,

I would love to let you know that I have started the beta test!

I have selected 5 TouchArcade users for now, I will select more for the next version ;)

Keep following the thread and if anyone is willing to join the beta let me know so I can put on the waiting list for the next versions.

5. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Maybe next round

6. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Sign me up
    Iphone 6 8.4
    No MFI controller

7. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    I think the colors in game could be a bit more vivid, like in the concept art.

8. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Hello everyone!

For people in the waiting list for the next beta, it is great because the next one will be even better ;), in few days I'll send the invite to more once apple approve the next version.

Here is what I currently plan for the next update (Some suggested features)

1- Ability to press and hold the action button, instead of having to click, click click (Also fixed for MFi controller)
    2- Completed combat arena will appear after 2 hours of game-play (So if you completed a combat, you do not need to replay that combat again, except if 2 hours pass from the time you completed that combat), this is annoying according to some, as if you die, you have to repeat the combats.
    3- Music improvements (May take a bit more time, this is out of my control).
    4- Add notification for "Check point", "Insufficient gold", some players did not get that crystals are check points.
    5- Increase the distance between the hero and pushing the box.

Here is a list of known bugs that I'm working to fix:

1- Sometimes hitting a breakable box does not work (Specially if there are 3 close boxes), temporary solution is you can move a bit far from it and come back to it.
    2- If you die in a dungeon, and your re-spawn in that dungeon, the music played may be wrong.
    3- Action button sometimes disappear (Try to press pause and it will appear, but if pause button disappear also you have to restart the game).

---

All of the above will be done by today and tomorrow ;) Actually some of them are already completed.

9. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    v1.0.9 uploaded to Apple and waiting for their approval, if anyone haven't downloaded the game he should wait for 1.0.9

It includes full menu MFi support (You can play the full game without any touch on the screen if you got MFi, let me know if you find any place that does not support MFi, all now should be covered)

All bugs are fixed and improvements are added to this version, breakable boxes/crates bug is going to be fixed in the next version.

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I have been following this game for awhile and I would love to beta test. I can test on iPhone 6 or iPad mini 2

11. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Your name have been added to the waiting list, everyone is there.

I'll contact another 3-4 for the next version of the beta (Maybe 1.0.9, or the one after it, it'll take 2-5 days at max)

12. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Name in credits + Beta

Hello everyone

I sent messages to selected people for their names to be in the special thanks section of Oraia Rift credits as a thank you for their feedback and early support following this thread and the game in general. Without your valuable feedback the game wouldn't be as it is now.

If you think I missed you, I'm really sorry, please send me a private message or email why you think your name should be in the credits + your TA ID and I will properly add you in the special thanks section of the game credits ;) There's limited space on there!

I also sent out messages for the Beta requests, all of you guys, if you didn't receive a private message from me, please do contact me and I'll send you a beta invite.

Release date planned: 25th of Sept, 2015 (Will submit the game on 1st of Sept to Apple approval)

Keep the comments coming, share your progress on the game (Your percentage, number of kills and game-play time ;))

If you are stuck in one place or another, write here, either one will help you or I will ;)

If any of your friends want to join the beta, let them go to www.shbli.com, do not forget to share the game online on twitter/Facebook and invite your followers for the beta ;)

Bests
    Shbli

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yes! Looking forward to this! :)

14. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
  15. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Everyone who requested a beta should have received a test flight email!

Enjoy playing the game and post up your progress guys ;)

This game now show the completion percentage.

70% story completion + 30% exploration and collecting spells!

Do not think a lot of the game being beta or not, enjoy playing it is the most important part, and if you notice a bug on the way then report that to me and I'll smash the bug out ;)

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #96 Repulsa, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    This isn't a bug just a suggestion, there isn't really any info on the various characters when you select one to begin with. No strengths/weaknesses no character class such as ( warrior, Mage, thief) I would like to know a little about the various characters I am choosing from, so I can make an informed decision. Other then that, so far the game play is very smooth and I have yet to come cross any bugs :)

17. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Want to test it too. Can test it on iPhone 6 plus, 4s and iPad 2.
    I 'm a big Fan on Action-Adventures since Years.
    Thank you

18. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Camera control with one finger

Hi everyone

I had received a feedback to change the camera controls from two fingers, to work with one finger only

I wanted to confirm this change with more people here, as the game now 100% relies on virtual controls (Instead of the old Touch control mode)

Let me know what do you think about this change?

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I would add an Option for either one or have the two finger control still and make it so we can at least rotate the camera with our left finger.

20. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Okey, done, I have completed the code and kept 2 finger also, both will work no issues ;)

Just wait for the next update! I'll upload that soon.