Universal [Beta] Oraia Rift: Action/Adventure game with Zelda like puzzles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheRoyalQuest, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thank you ;)

Got it!

2. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    3.99 seems like a good choice, perhaps either go 2.99 for a week to increase visibility and raise to 3.99 or go 3.99 and raise to 4.99.

I like to soundtrack too, the music is pretty good and well suited for the game and its paces, but I have to play around with the volume bar a bit.

One thing I don't like is the lack of Pause... I hit Pause, but it does not seem to have been paused, I think I am still getting attacked. Is this right or...?

3. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Thank you for the compliment about the music ;)

Talking about the pause option, it's not actually a pause, its to show the menu only.

Making it also pause the combat is not that simple, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. :cool:

4. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Coming up with the best price for your game is hard. The mobile game market is so volatile.

After following this thread (and the previous thread, before the game changed its name), I would easily spend $5 on it with no hesitation. But the market is so rough that pricing it too high is risky, because people are so cautious about buying games. I find it odd that people can spend $3 to $5 on a coffee, but need reviews, videos, and impressions before dropping even half of that on a game. Heck, people even want reviews and videos before even downloading free games these days, which is quite baffling. But that's a topic for another thread.

$3.99 sounds like a steal for a game like this. I personally think it'll be worth more, but I'm a bit old fashioned in how I value games. I like the idea above about putting it for $3.99 as a launch price and bumping it up to $4.99 after a week.

But I really have no expertise on pricing and marketing for the App Store. A lower price might bring more buyers and net you more money in the long run. I really have no idea.

All I can say for sure is that I know I'll be buying it! :)

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I've been following this game for awhile. Is it still in beta? How's progress, can't wait to play. Lots of nice games coming out in the following months. Is release for this still slated for September?

6. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Well completed the next section in the game. Really might be nice to have some "help" (ie teleport) versus the long walk back to the start of the section. Talk about a major boss at the end of the second section...

Also when you get a new spell, maybe add some spell points back to allow at least one casting of the new spell. Yes I know you can get refilled via the save points and I always forget that!!

Lastly I noticed that once you are in the fight, you can't open crates/boxes, talk to shop people, etc while fighting the minions. No problem with that aspect.

7. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Thanks for the input, it look like I'm going to follow that model, 3.99 for release day, and 4.99 after a week of release only.

Yes everyone can submit their emails for beta test ;) private message me or put it up on my website shbli.com

I will try to develop portals that take you back to out of cave/dungeon, what do others think about it? Or maybe teleport you directly when you unlock a specific chest?

The priority for the hero is set up so that its minions first, then the other interactive elements.

So you won't be able to runaway from minions, not even use the portal.

If you are forgetting to refill your HP and MP ;) then off course you are going to die few times in the game. I tired to make the game as much difficult and dangeours as possible, while still not impossible at all, and needs more strategic as well.

I assume you went to Mina parva next ;) enjoy the upgrade there.

8. shadowgamerr

Apr 16, 2011
    Right by your side
    Thanks for clearing that out, it's just that right now it was misleading, perhaps instead of the usual "||" sign you can use an "I" for Inventory if you don't implement it so people know not to consider it a Pause. A workaround that has worked for me nicely when I wanted to Pause it was to simply exit it using the home button and not close it via the Multitasking bar. This allowed for a blazing fast return on my phone.

9. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    No worries ;) Check again when build 9.0 is out.

I just finished working on it.

10. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Yes, Sept it is ;)

11. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I always preferred the not pause when using inventory. It makes for a more intense fight during combat. A lot of survival horror games and some other action RPGs are doing this. Better heal, make your weapon and spell choices quickly or you'll take damage hehehe. Games like this usually pause when you go into an options/settings menu though

12. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Build 9 is already out now ;)

But no worries, the game is already very dangerous and most if not all players find it not very easy, actually difficult. There are some combats, it's very hard to complete without collect a defensive spell (Ice breaker spell for example)

You almost need to find health/mana refills or buy one from the Crystal after each combat.

Some people need to drink coffee/tea or do something, and need to pause the game in the middle of a battle ;)

13. WoyBoy15

WoyBoy15 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    So far the only bug i keep running into is if you get to close a moveable object you have half the characters body going into the object.

14. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    I'll go ahead and share the link of this annoying bug in Unity3D, but I still haven't got a response from them (I'm a paid Unity3D pro user since day 1, March 2014)

They solved my bugs earlier, but this one got no reply from them. I assume it is really a very complicated problem.

It is why the collier of movable stones is so small, also the breakable crates, basically anything dynamic, that can move or break.

Here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp72sgLYMKY

I'm working on a new secret feature, requested by Geno ;) Almost completed it!

15. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    New feature is available in build 10

Let's see who can notice it ;) it'll help make long walks much faster.

I'll polish it more in the next build, send your feedback a over!

16. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    #136 cofunguy, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Found another issue. In the temple of water after getting the first item and getting the relic of water, I am at the door requiring to move the 2 stones in the water to open the door. I was able to move the stones through the wall stop blocks in the water. I suspect that wasn't what was planned. If necessary, it was the rightmost block that I could push through the wall stops. It is the door just before getting another spell.

Do like the roll feature but at times makes it hard to break the jugs etc unless one is very near them.

17. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Another bug found in temple of water. After I get the key to open the door, I cannot get to the stairs past the door. Sent email to Ahmed with pictures...

18. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    I'm Ahmed ;) or Shbli

I replied to your email, I'll check it first thing in the morning, it's midnight here

I have crossed the full level of Temple of water and all the levels or environments.

If you have an issue that the path is broken, its related to Navigation Mesh (YouTube video I showed earlier), try to break the nearby boxes or move the stones if any is nearby, you'll be able to move.

19. shadowgamerr

Apr 16, 2011
    Right by your side
    #139 shadowgamerr, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    You added a "Roll" possibility. A nice addition too if I may add. :) I will play tomorrow some more.

The movement seems a little too fast/unnatural

I would like a way to have objects that are obscuring the character fade so you see it and avoid swiping to rotate the screen. I'm talking for when the character is around a house for example and the house becomes the main focus/foreground.

20. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Yes, the "Roll" feature was done in my free time today, took about 2 hours to finish off. It's my first free time with no bugs received ;)

But it is very important and save some time specially when walking back, I'll work on it more tommorow and polish it.

If no more bugs are being reported I may send the game for Apple approval soon ;) earlier than planned. In order to be able to plan for advertisement a bit earlier.

Where's the guys with MFi controllers, haven't seen any feedback about MFi controls, dual sticks work for both camera and character.

I assume everything works good with the MFi, even the "Roll" feature should work.