Universal [BETA] Rival Gears - Unique head-to-head racer - Closed Beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ShortroundGames, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Just signed up for the beta. Looking forward to an invite. :)

2. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #22 Wicked8146, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  3. Numidium

Numidium Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I love everything about this game. Very creative and great visuals.

But the overhead cost of maintence for a higher level car is ridiculous and it starts at B license cars. It pretty much plateaus where you can't make the choice between upgrading a part or maintaining previous parts (unless you can find someone dumb enough to bet 100k+ in a race).

Either halve the cost of parts once you've fully upgraded it or increase the amount of races before your part needs repair. Because after 3 races and needing to drop over 50k to bring everything up to tip top shape is ridiculous.

Because at this point the only logical thing to do is just wait for the timed part drops or just let everything go to crap and grind bots races at 6k-7k per race

4. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Or pay.

5. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    After iOS 9.3.2 update my system are ready to test your new gear. And I have the correct calibration to test your gears.
    Send an invite I will test the game and stay tun for my feed back

6. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I would like an invite to the TA clan :)

7. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I've reached a point in the game where things become a bit frustrating. For one, I got demoted a league simply because I missed a day of playing, so you have to play every single day and a significant amount to maintain your leaderboard spot. The frustrating thing though is that you do not get a free A level car. You just unlock the option to buy it. A level cars start at $1.6M. This means, you have to try to save up $1.6M. Easy right, just grind? Well, if you grind cash, you wear away your parts, which cost money to maintain, so all the money you win goes into maintaining your car. This means, you will almost never be able to get an A level car and proceed with the game, unless you pay or you could try to win low level races with a jank car and just save, save , save for probably a month or two. That is not fun. So I've essentially hit a paywall I guess. I'll keep playing to try to find a way to afford an A level car but it looks unlikely at this point so my days are numbered.

8. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    #28 uti4, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    whoa! cool racing game! the graphics reminds me of divine NFS:Underground drag racing challenges and the futuristic cars - of P.O.D (a cool racing game back from 90')

Signed up for the closed beta. Hope to get involved :)

9. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    thanks for the invite! playing the game right now. Not so much free time lately, bt, anyway, I'll try to do my best to come up with a decent piece of feedback on what I've already checked out in Rival Gears.

10. masmashe

masmashe New Member

May 14, 2016
    I received beta invitation and beta forum access, but no invitation from apple yet? What to do?

11. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    I second this.

What's more I suggest to shorten the amount of texts you have in the game on smaller devices like my iPhone 4s it's very hard to read everything. I recommend the devs to have a look at mmx racing game series - could me named as your competitors;)

12. ShortroundGames

ShortroundGames New Member

May 12, 2016
    Just a quick update for you guys, Rival Gears has soft launched in Ireland on Android and iOS is in submission.

We will be adding in more countries to our soft launch test in the coming weeks. Keep your eyes peeled.