Universal Blade Sliders - slicing zombies in one tap

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zedarus, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I think a permanent coin doubler/magnet IAP would be much appreciated by many. Coins are way too scarce compared to the cost of unlockables, and missing a few rare coins because of the collapsing floor is a real let down.

I really like the artwork here, but I feel the game needs a bit more variety to keep me interested. I haven't played much, so forgive me if any of this is already present, but I would suggest score and coin bonuses for combos and multiple kills, and power ups that could be gathered from objects like trees, rocks, etc. One power up I could suggest right away is some sort of temporary protection for the infuriating collapsing tiles - I keep dying because of that! :)

Also, missions/challenges with exclusive rewards (could be something purely cosmetic like different outfits and weapons) are usually a great incentive to keep me playing.

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I agree with the coin doubler and deff some kinda combo system, I touched on all this earlier.

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Seems cool so far, but it seems like the rounds are so short it takes forever to build up coins, almost need to watch ads to progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is great!
    The controls take getting used to but once you do, it's a really fun quick-round game.
    Awesome Sega genesis vibe.

5. zedarus

zedarus Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Odessa, Ukraine
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys! Lots of great ideas. Also, did all of you notice that there is a game levels switch at the bottom of the screen in main menu than you can use to unlock and play new levels in the game (desert and UFO)?

One thing for sure: once the game is out, first thing I'll do is lower the character's prices in coins so it's easier to unlock them!

Remember, game will be available on the AppStore tomorrow worldwide, so if you enjoyed it -- please tell your friends :)

And here are few last promo codes!

A93N6R79HY7K
    N9FP9FYRFJEA
    PENNNYY7REKF

Enjoy and thanks again for the feedback. You rock!

6. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    Codes won't redeem for me, look forward to giving this a go tomorrow - looks ace

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    wooo glad i looked! This looks so much fun and no timers... It could be as much fun as Tap'N'Slash (which i LOVED)

8. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Nabbed A93N6R79HY7K
    Thanks.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    In my opinion : this is how you take a fun new mechanic, and then you drain all the fun out of it.
    It's not enough that you can fall off the edge of the map, you can die from holes suddenly opening in the middle of nowhere. Couple that with kills that give absolutely zero, not even 1 coin, when to unlock characters you have to gather 500-1k-2k etc.
    And finally,this is a game that could have been a lot of fun, but instead there's dying every 30 seconds from a hole having gathered -maybe-5 coins from 20 kills. And that, dear devs, is not fun for me. You're not letting me enjoy the gameplay, and the progression of unlocks is next to zero. Of course we can watch ads, but the point is to play the game, right?

10. zedarus

zedarus Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Odessa, Ukraine
    Hey ramzarules! Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Yes, as few other players pointed out earlier -- coins drop chance is too low for current characters prices. This is something that is on top of my list to fix in the update.

As for the frequency of dying -- the game was designed to be very hard and not forgiving, similar to other one tap games on the market. I do understand that some people don't like this approach at all, but if we remove things like falling platform tiles -- the gameplay will fill very different and not the way it was imagined in the beginning.

Thanks again for posting your feedback, really appreciate it!