iPhone Companions - Dungeon-Crawler/RPG by smuttlewerk interactive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smuttlegiaco, May 26, 2011.

1. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    yes, the dwarf and human basic speed is increased to 1.25 (same as the elven archer class)

I enhanced the fireball wands also. they now do higher basic damage, while doing less bonus damage against undead. all in all they got stronger by about 20-30%.

if you have other balancing issues you'd like to see, feel free to propose them to us!

2. hsthompson

hsthompson Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Actually this bug was the only reason why I won some fights :) The invisibles would freeze, I'd have all the time in the world to build dwarf traps, and then I'd send the elf out to kill them and release the next wave :)

Oh well, hopefully I can find another winning strategy :)

3. Movementcat

Movementcat Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Yea if found big imbalance, we really need change this...(maybe better not :))

the dev is too overpowerd hes very active and always help and react to fast and have a open ear for suggestions thats not normal ! nerf please !

:)

4. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @hsthompson: hehe, glad you haven't had any game breaking issues. always good to see players make the best of the situation at hand. :)

other's where not so lucky I fear. We are in "hurt mode" here at smuttlewerk headquarters. we want to release the patch as quickly as possible on the one hand. on the other hand we want everything to be as good as possible. patience. patience. patience.

@movementcat: ;) please, don't nerf me!

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Any news on the update? I am waiting forit before going on!

6. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    we want to test it a little bit more. if all goes well, we should be ready tuesday evening. if apple reviews it quickly, you'll be able to download it next weekend! again sry for the delay!

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    nothing to be sorry!
    You guys are so attentive that I am looking forward for your next game already, even before finishing this one!

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Update please

How soon you guys going to drop update? :rolleyes:

9. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey amenbrother!

I'd really like to give you an exact date, but I can't. We thought tuesday, but as it turned out, it couldn't be done. We are still playtesting. After the last patch we did become very cautious (because we did rush it out and thus created some serious bullshit). We don't want you guys to start a campaign only to be frustrated because core elements don't work the way they're supposed to work.
    Nobody would like to see it more that the patch is live instantly than we do! But we've sworn to ourselves to be patient and so we are.

For all you guys who want to test the game before buying:
    We will also release a light version of Companions for free in the next few weeks. It'll feature the tutorium and the first campaign map! :)

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Gotcha

Hey Smut :) ok well I guess I understand so I will wait patiently for now lol

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

Pull some 24 hour shifts Smutt ;)

12. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hehe, yeah, we've done that before. actually it looks very good. I played for a few hours now with the latest version and everything works like a charm. still, I play the whole game again for a second time, just to be sure! :)

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Ah ah!
    Next time ask one of us to help for testing the game ... or any game. I love to work with good devs in betas.

14. Gamer23

Gamer23 New Member

May 22, 2011
    Seems good over all after reading all these reviews, I am getting this game for myself soon.

15. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    howdy friends!

we uploaded version 1.2 today. If all goes well, the update should be ready for download this weekend

we also uploaded a lite version of Companions, featuring the tutorial and the first Campaign map.

here's the list:

- fixed: several bugs which immobilized the characters
    - fixed: group movement: the character's won't block themselves any longer
    - fixed: nets now work correctly again
    - fixed: relocated some autosaves which could cause problems
    - fixed: skill spamming no longer possible
    - fixed: several problems with the tactical pause
    - fixed: problem with the ranged units (shooting while moving)
    - fixed: enemies no longer become invisible
    - fixed: some bugs that froze the skills and lead to immobilization
    - fixed: keyboard input issue
    - fixed: save games from version 1.0 now work correctly on map_01 (The Gathering)

- added: new save menu: auto/quicksave + 7 manual save slots
    - added: contact links in the options menu

- balancing: enhanced the movement speed of the dwarf and the human from 1 to 1.25
    - balancing: tweeked values for Wand of Fire-/ball/-storm, Hoof of Flash and Nets

- new: App Icon :)

[​IMG]

@FPE: If I could I would like to hire beta testers and have them playing in a controlled enviroment. sounds a little bit strange, but I know how easily you ignore little bugs and just continue playing, saying to yourself "I'll write it down later..." and totally forget about it. Cost me some self-discipline to alter my behaviour in this regard.

when we do the dwarven fortress add-on and the random crawler later this year I try to keep you in mind for testing though! :)

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    /clap

Smutt this is looking very good, you guys have been little busy bee's I see lol I cant wait for the update! Thanks for all your hard work, I will definately be supporting you guys as much as I can through suggestions and of course buying any future games :) Keep me in mind for the testing! Btw the new icon looks insane!! :cool:

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    @
    Code:
    FPE: If I could I would like to hire beta testers and have them playing in a controlled enviroment. sounds a little bit strange, but I know how easily you ignore little bugs and just continue playing, saying to yourself "I'll write it down later..." and totally forget about it. Cost me some self-discipline to alter my behaviour in this regard
    Nit strange at all. I was a indie long ago (now I do totally different stuff). But you will find that there are a few here that test exactly like that and often the developed tends not to deviate from using the apps properly ...

18. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    So should I hold off my first playthrough until this update goes live?

19. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    yeah, I'd say you better wait...chasing invisible enemies may be frustrating :rolleyes:

20. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    liking the new icon. good work guys!! :)