iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. iPancho

iPancho Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    You're right, Game Center had an update. Mine says "Ik" now (which is Dutch for "Me") and the names of all others have been put in quotation marks (as if to say that these might not be their real names? Duh). You're stil dabigkahuna in the list, don't worry ;)
    The status is just something your Game Center friends can see.

About the scores: all scores above 160.000 are from pathetic "hackers". I guess it's pretty easy to manipulate the score on jailbreaked (jailbroken?) iPhones.

2. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #802 dabigkahuna, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    Don't like hackers!

3. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    New levels :cool:

Had quick ten min run through just to get score up made it to 3rd legit in world, hundreds more to get watch your backs slow mo glitches and a bit of time and I'll be 158k:eek::D

4. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    IMG_0214.PNG
    Now, what would be on the banner? I can think of a couple of things :D

5. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Spank you?? Lol

6. Jfoles13

Jfoles13 Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Finally joining the forum, after lurking since I downloaded the game in January. Added over 300 points to my score in the last couple of days, yay! Figuring out how to do slow-mo helps sooo much. :)

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    So, how do you get slow-mo working? Seems some manage it and others can't so any new ideas are always welcome!

8. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Here's an idea you could try: When I want slow mo I start level 7 (of the full version) and ... go to sleep.
    The next day Mr. Orange is so tired of rolling downhill all night that he's as slow as "thick syrup" (as we say in Holland).

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #809 dabigkahuna, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    Well, that actually worked! I haven't knocked myself out on it, but I've raised my scores on the first 40 levels so far. Put me at 8725th place. No threat there, but gets me comfortably in the top 10% with plenty more levels to improve on. I never did work on on this version so lots of room for improvement.

What I really want to do is slo-mo on the Valentine version. Definitely easier to focus on just 10 levels!

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I think this full game is going to kill me. Finally went through all 160 levels with at least some slo-mo - maybe a bit less than half normal speed at best. Really can't tell how much of my improvement comes from that though - I never really worked hard the levels before, but I am, for now, #145 and I know I can do better. Few of the levels did I really work hard on - just enough to get what seemed to be pretty good scores.

11. Jfoles13

Jfoles13 Member

Mar 16, 2011
    To get slow-mo, I just opened and closed the game (with the home button) multiple times during each level. Yay, they finally fixed the leaderboard and removed all of those fake scores!

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #812 dabigkahuna, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    Yeah, I saw the bogus scores removed.

I did get up to #75 so far today!.... Update: 66

13. firefly

firefly Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Have to say it's more difficult than I have expected before I played this game. Must plan very well in every detail to keep the orange safe from the rain. Haven't completed all the levels yet. I will keep trying. Good game.

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I should add some info I found on getting slo-mo to work (though I think some levels are harder to get high scores that way).

I followed iPancho's advice where I left the game running on level 7 overnight. The first time, I don't think it did much, if anything. Maybe that was because of the auto shutoff of the screen. Don't know what goes on with the game when you do that. So the next time I changed the settings so it wouldn't shut off, plugged it in, and ran it all night.

Now, I estimated the seconds from the time the screen first shows until the game quits to reset it again. It was about 7 seconds originally. After letting it run overnight, with the screen on, I found it was taking around 12 seconds to do the same thing.

I have not done this again, but I have also never quit the game completely for days. While not running usually, it is in the task bar.

Well, it seems to continue to get slower! Last check today it took about 24 seconds!

I assume if I ever quit it completely and relaunch it, the speed will come back, but I don't want to do that yet! Not till I think I've at least gotten close to all the points I can get this way.

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    How the heck do you get some of those scores on the full version??? I went through your score list and compared to mine. Three I matched the high scores (93, 97, 115). I was within a point or two in over a dozen others.

But some, I'm extremely far off. For example, number 108. I only have 880. That over 100 points less!

Some others I'm at least 35 pts low are 49 (-39 pts), 71 (-41 pts), 73 (-36 pts), 99 (-39 pts), 100 (-55 pts), 116 (-41 pts), 117 (-37 pts), 122 (-56 pts).

I suspect I'll figure some of those out, but some seem to have no good solution - especially #108.

#49 may be a bigger problem in slo-mo (orange that I push down the left side never avoids getting blown up). There are others like that which make me think slo-mo could be a negative sometimes (like 122, but maybe I'm missing something).

16. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland

Here are some hints

Take a look at level 149. This should give you a hint on a way to cover oranges that helps on lots of levels including 108

100: figure out a way to cover the orange without moving it from the ledge it's on
    117: there is a surprising way to cover the orange right where it starts (some would call it a glitch, I call it a hidden feature).

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, with 149, I drop the wheel down the left side, from as low as I can get. That usually gets them all in under the falling poll. But I don't see how that connects with 108. There is a pole, but it only seems to fall straight down. I have improved level 108 though - got 943 (still 45 pts low). My strategy was to drop the orange on the left IN FRONT of the machine thing, then immediately drop the pole. Finally, as the machine pushed the orange close to the pole, I'm use the last wheel to push the orange on the right under the top platform.

It is still high risk. Sometimes the machine flips over, exposing the orange (though with luck, sometimes it wedges the orange under it instead, but I rarely have that happen). Timing is tricky too. Is my basic strategy right or am I missing something?

At first, with 100, I thought you must be crazy! Once I figured it out, I felt kinda dumb! Thanks. Got it up with a few tries to 966.

117: Just tried dropping the two cans on the area above the orange (just to the left). Stacking two ALMOST covers the rain path. But I'm not in slo-mo anymore so with lots of rain, the odds were against me - but I got it once to raise the score to 965 so far. Is that your strategy? If so, I don't see how it could be called a "glitch". So I suspect you are doing something different.

Another thing I should mention, since it can have an effect on my progress today, is that I had to quit the program yesterday (wasn't responsive) and restart it. Of course, everything is much faster now. I've improved some scores, as noted and a few others. But it may be that I won't be able to improve them as much while it is running so fast. For reference, when first restarting the game, level 7 took exactly 7 seconds from the time the level started until that screen went off. Right now, it seems to be taking a fraction of a second longer. Not enough to matter, but I'm going to periodically check and see if it keeps slowing down just through normal use. Meanwhile, I'll see if some levels work better at a faster speed as I suspect.

I'm up to 36th place and just 6 point away from 156,000 !!!

Thanks.

18. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    The hint in level 149 is not in it's solution but in it's starting position...

19. asjhust

asjhust Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    good

not bad game~

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Hmmm, I'll play around with it some more today, but right now I don't get it.

I tried to set the Valentine version run overnight to see if it would slow down. Didn't seem to, though I didn't time anything.

However, when I went back to the full version (it was still in the task bar), it was running faster! About 5 seconds instead of 7 seconds on the level 7 timing!

Trying to find a pattern for slo-mo, but maybe it isn't possible.