iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Improved one of my top scores (level 163). The following all all the ones that are not yet an iPantjo's score list yet:

163 (990 pts) - typical strategy of putting wheel on top of orange. Requires serious slo-mo and some luck.

165 (989 pts)

173 (162 pts)

2. iPancho

iPancho Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    List updated.

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Wow! ctay and pantsjo tied for the all-time record! Ought to be fun to watch how that develops.

Speaking of which, pantsjo, did you ever figure out how to get my score on, I think, 154? If not, and considering how often I've gotten that score, it should be a great opportunity. It's the one with the big swinging "baskets" and two barrels to drop.

4. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    :( looks like the hackers are back ...

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, crap.

BTW, what are the hackers doing? I mean, are they editing whatever file there is on the iphone (or whatever) that stores their score?

Do they have to use jailbroken phones?

Very annoying, regardless.

6. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Check out Post #649. A french guy already warned for this to happen.

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Interesting. If leaderboards are going to mean anything, they need to work out some security. I don't care about the achievement stuff - those are just personal. But leading scores affects others.

8. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #908 dabigkahuna, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    New high for level 22 (989 pts).

Also level 25 (991 pts).

9. Jfoles13

Jfoles13 Member

Mar 16, 2011
    I tried for the first time leaving the game open on level 7 all night, and I didn't get any slow-mo from it whatsoever. I think the game might be going even faster now, actually.

10. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    #910 iPancho, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    List updated (I had some new high scores myself, too:D)

Ctay also sent some new high scores.

11. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Yes, and I love the highlighted color... on white reminds me of Tiffany's :)
    and thanks iPancho for keeping up the list.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Did you have your phone set so the screen stayed on? I think the first time I tried it, I didn't do that and got no benefit. Also, there was one time things did go faster after a night, but after that it continued to slow down on later nights. I think this morning mine too about 40 seconds to do a full cycle on level 7.

In any case, I'd try it again just in case it works.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    iPancho:

I was amazed at all the changes, especially for early levels which I would have thought were mostly beaten to death already. Sure am glad you highlight the changes!

ctay:

I saw you raised level 17. That is one of those that just annoys the heck out of me because the dang timer won't stop. So can you help me narrow down what I'm doing?

Basically I either put the box or a wheel on top the "machine", but I've also just dropped everything as fast as I can on a high platform (not protecting anything) and the darn timer STILL drops to 976!

So, would I be correct in guessing that you have to knock the machine down some way rather that put something on top? Or is it just an absolute fluke that maybe the timer will stop sooner after a million or so tries!!!??? I'm starting to have a bad feeling that this level is one where the iTouch just works differently to an extreme.

14. mihapolak

mihapolak Member

Jan 11, 2011
    2 poussecul

Dear 'poussecul' !
    I'm tired . Take your place higher than mine.
    Thanks for the battle.
    Mihapolak . iPad cover orange gamer
    175.277 points:)

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    A couple of basic questions:

Apparently the iTouch (3rd generation) can sometimes get scores up to 992. I've never done that on my iPhone 4, but I would like to get more specific so I don't waste time:

1. Is the third generation that one that is roughly equivalent to the iPhone 3GS?

2. Has anyone reached 992 on a level with any other iTouch generation?

3. I don't think anyone has reached that score with an iPhone 4, but what about it iPhone 3GS or an iPhone 3G (which I also have)?

If no one has reached that score on an iPhone 4, I won't waste time trying to beat my 991 scores (I have 73 of those). But if someone has done it on a iPhone 3G, I might someday mess with mine. Too bad it has no leaderboard though.

16. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    yes, I have gotten 992 on my Iphone 3rd gen...
    big K go back and read the earlier posts in this forum where you will find references to this issue...
    look for posts by Shaun

"K"
    I hear ya about the timing thing. I find it very annoying on level 154! Today I went and checked some of my scores from the earlier levels and that 991 could have been attained months ago... sorry I don't keep track of my scores level by level on a daily basis, and, I don't regularly check ipancho's "leaderboard" ... I am sure I put the box on top and dropped the rest initially, and later I may have dropped everything and used another "gimmick" (which negatively affects the mechanical well being of my ipod) ... (See some of Shaun's earlier posts as to what crazy stuff he did to attain some of his scores) The difference of 976 vs. 991 is NOT because I use an ipod... Honestly, I am getting ANNOYED by this idea!
    Perhaps it is a one in a million thing and if you really want to know the answer contact the game maker... you will find his/her contact info in the early posts of this forum. Tell them about the hackers too. I have found the timer mechanism varies on several levels... so maybe this is one of them. The score before 991 was 990 so you should be able to get that on your iphone...
    best of luck to you... you are doing a bang up job obtaining points and soon you will be passing me ;)

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Level 21 (990 pts)

18. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    See, there you go! you just beat my ipod score and I am sure it had to do with you, your speed and wisdom of gimmick...

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, it's a good challenge. As much as anything, I'm just trying to add points to make Shaun take a little longer before he passes me when he gets active again.

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #920 dabigkahuna, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    I've had trouble with this one in slo-mo. The darn bombs go off while the oranges are too close!