iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #921 ctay, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    did you know that the max slo mo ipod gap is about 5 mm while the gap obtained by the iphone 4 can be up to 20 or more mm! talk about an advantage...

2. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Wow! I didn't know that - never measured it, of course. Does the difference in the display density of the third generation itouch compared to the iphone 4 factor to the usefulness of this?

I don't know how slow it can get. My only measurement is to use level 7 and count how many seconds it takes from the time the level starts until it starts again. Right now I'm at 47 seconds which is the slowest I've ever been.

3. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    The gaps on the iphone 3 are even bigger. Yesterday I had one gap so wide, you could fit 2 iPods in it...

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, unless someone has already reported a better one, this is a big jump: Level 35 (989 pts). That's 11 more than what it used to be.

How it is done:

Lots of slo-mo.

Drop a wheel in the cart - this will stop the cart just after it starts to go under the barrier.

Balance a wheel on the right orange (either may work or the other may work better - this is just how I did it).

Hope for a gap in the rain when it comes to the left orange.

Unfortunately, I suddenly lost my slo-mo after that so I have to start all over getting it as slow as I need to work on other levels.

5. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hey big K.
    Please dont post new high scores with solutions. Have people try to figure it out for themself first. Just post the score and wait for reactions.

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay. Just figured anyone who didn't want the solution could just skip that part. I may not remember later how I did it if they ask!

7. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    #927 Pantsjo, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    I see. I also have some high scores that i cannot reproduce.

Anyway. Congrats on level 35. I was totally convinced there was no way to start the cloud sooner. This means going back to those other levels with 97x scores and giving it another try.

8. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I was shocked by it myself. I think I accidentally discovered how to stop the cart. Sometimes I just randomly do things in hopes of discovering something!

Things are not going to progress for awhile now. It will take me days to get a really good slo-mo back.

9. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I should have said 5mm to 20mm. Next time I will stick with inches! But, wow a two whole ipods gap... Got to get one of those iphone 3s. :rolleyes:

10. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Awesome you found a way to stop the clock! To remember your solutions you could get a small note book and jot down what you did or what you would like to try. :)

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I put up three pictures of level 154 (sorry, I did this in a rush and neglected to rotate the pictures!). They also seem to appear in reverse order, but I guess you can figure it out.

Basically, it shows the first drop. In this particular case, that barrel will get slightly bumped by the right basket and tip over.

Another picture shows the second drop, first barrel is falling over.

Third picture shows the final position. You can get the same result even if the first barrel does not tip over, but in that case it is important that the cross brace of the basket NOT be the point of contact (the orange will roll out).

Hope it helps. This was done with some slo-mo (I let level 7 run all night so it takes about 14 seconds to cycle through level 7 instead of the normal seven seconds).

12. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    New high score: 990 @ level 8

Title says all

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Dang. When I was playing level 8 yesterday and finally tied the high score, I also had gotten 990 a couple times but got a bad bounce on the rain. So, of course, I went back to try again lots of times, but I could never get the timer to stop until 989. Can't figure out anything I'm doing different.

Oh well, congrats!

14. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #934 ctay, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Where is the Big K today? Who is holding down the CO forum fort?
    I accidently turned off my idevice this morning and lost my slo mo, so complete down time for me... but the dishes and clothes got washed and the garden got watered...

15. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    :cool:

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Still here, checking the site every day for new info. Since I lost slo-mo a couple days ago, I've been kinda stuck too. Just got enough slo-mo today to pick up some more points, but no records (tied one or two though).

Did you look at my photos in my album for level 154? Curious if they help you or iPancho to get those extra points.

17. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    I would like to see the picture from the moment the buckets hit the barrels. When I try copying your score still he orange and ball are moving left at that moment and only stop at count 984 (if i'm lucky, most of the times they roll out).

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'll see what I can do, but it should be impossible for them to roll out IF you hit it the way I said. There are two ways:

1. Barrel is on its side so you hit it with the cross beam (basket will be angled up slightly when stopped)

2. Barrel is upright so you hit it with the beam that is the side of the basket (if you hit it with the connecting bar, it will roll out). But if on the side beam, the basket is slanted up again.

19. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    #939 Pantsjo, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    O, it's slanted up alright. It just isn't enough to stop em at once. I guess it's just another part of the game where different devices have different results. It would be interesting to hear from other iphone 4 players whether they can copy your 987 this way.

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, picture is up (seems the latest picture gets put first - don't know how to change the order). This is taken when the barrels are hit. Since the barrels stayed upright, you can see that I have a side beam hitting the barrels. In the other picture, when one fell over, the cross beam hit.

As you can see, the orange is slightly away from the bottom of the basket. As the basket turns upside down, this happens, but it doesn't go any further for me and usually contact is made at 987 and the timer stops right then. I did have one case today where it went to 986 after contact was made.

Assuming you have the baskets slanted slightly up like my pictures show, I don't see any way it could roll out! Now, if the barrel is upright and the cross beam is what hits, yeah, it will roll out because it is then slanted DOWN towards the opening.