iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1041 ctay, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    Big K

I am behind on several levels, e.g., your level 35, I only have 986. I have to say you are doing a great job of finding points and new ones too, and I wouldn't want my game scores to deter you from finding what you are finding on your own, and like I said before, I don't keep track of my scores the way you do. One of these days I will get more organized and send ipanjo my scores ... I believe the highest total score that could be achieved might be close to 178200. I have slo mo going now so I hope to be adding a few more points in the next day or two. :D

2. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Ah-hah! I suspected you must have some high scores that were not reported yet.

Your scores don't deter me - they let me know what is possible (assuming it isn't limited by my iphone 4). And while I suspect that is the case sometimes, I still go back periodically I try those levels where you got 992 and I only have 991 even though I don't think it is possible on my phone.

I still work on 58 where I'm 18 pts behind and there are few options. I mean, you said just drop the wheel and the timer stops. I've dropped it all over the place, including even balancing it on the other wheel at the top. Still goes down to 973 every time. That consistency and lack of different things to try is frustrating - but I keep trying anyway!

Wish some other people would post their results - even if not records - and on hardware like mine! If someone even just stopped the clock before I could and lost, that is useful to me and why I started posting those things in case it was to others.

Maybe you could take the time to just look at the 7 levels where the records are particularly low (under 980) and report any new high scores you have there?

Here are the ones I'm talking about. Be interesting to see if, to start with, we can get all scores up to at least 980:

60 (977)
    76 (977)
    90 (977)
    128 (979)
    129 (977)
    136 (978)
    148 (974)

I'm also thinking 178,200 may be possible, but to confirm that theory, those low scores will need to be higher, I think.

3. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1043 ctay, Apr 25, 2011

4. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    big k,
    just noticed another score I have that is low
    as far as I am concerned it is a totally random level and hence I don't try to improve my score...
    level 69/979 and the high is 986
    if there is method is this chaos, please clue me in :)

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1045 dabigkahuna, Apr 25, 2011
    Well, those were some surprises. I was almost sure you'd have something there over 980 - actually well over. Oh well, I'll update my chart and I'm sure pantsjo will too.

On 69 I've gotten 982 - nice that there is something I can beat you on! But it is a funny level and I wouldn't be surprised if there was more possible, but I think it would probably take a LOT of luck the way it is designed.

BTW, those new scores have you beating two of my top scores. Now I'm down to 29 records. I'm tied for 82 other records and trail by just 1 on 41 others.

But my main goal is to get rid of the 4 where I'm still 10 or more behind, if it is possible.

According to pantsjo's list, he is using a 3gs which, I think, is the same generation as your iTouch. If so, it is possible that he has some similarities, good or bad, but still with some differences. That could explain my problem with 58 while both of you can score high. It is also why I wish some others with ip4's would report in. If they get more, it would mean I'm missing something (assuming the iOS version doesn't matter).

6. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    "According to pantsjo's list, he is using a 3gs which, I think, is the same generation as your iTouch. If so, it is possible that he has some similarities, good or bad, but still with some differences. That could explain my problem with 58 while both of you can score high. It is also why I wish some others with ip4's would report in. If they get more, it would mean I'm missing something (assuming the iOS version doesn't matter).

I am looking into this for you; I contacted some players that I think use an iphone 4 ... we will see what they say...

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    The only dis advantage I know of with iPhone 4 is you can not get 992 only 991. I play alot of games I need to get back in gear on this one. On the last updates I just played through. Have not gone for all the highs yet. So I'm down about 60 Lvls to ya ctay.

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Does anyone know if you can get co and Cp on android phones. I'm considering changing phones and I know I would have to start all over but if I can't get Cp I don't want to change.

9. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1049 ctay, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    :)
    Thanks Erik for posting and
    Erik and others
    change phones... and buy an ipod to play your games, listen to music and check email on... only 200.00 or less and you won't stress out your phones with the silly stuff we do to play these games... just a thought ;)

10. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    yes, start to play again, please... :)

11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    On iPhone 4 on Lvl 58 even if you just drop the wheel the clock won't stop sooner than 71 or 73. So even if the was no rain 73 looks to be as high as you can get.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Thanks. The ones which are most notable are these (for being behind the top score - my scores in parenthesis):

7 (979)
    17 (977)
    58 (973)
    108 (977)
    112 (978)
    136 (968)
    143 (982)

Most of those, I can't even get the timer to stop at a higher number (not sure which at the moment). If I can't stop the timer, they are prime possibilities for levels that are just different on the ip4. Hope I'm wrong!

As I mentioned before, there is also the possibility that the iOS version matters as well, but we'd need a lot of top players doing specific tests to figure that one out so it isn't going to happen. Just too many variables.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Yeah, I've seen other comments about that so I figure it is probably true - though I try occasionally to match it.

But I suspect there are other differences. I know on one level (154) pantsjo said the orange kept rolling, but on mine it would either stay still or just roll a little so I would get a higher score. We even found one level where I could slide a triangle through a gap and he couldn't (though that may have been on his ipad - can't remember).

Anyway, I think the 992's stand out because they are so obvious, but I bet there are other differences. I just hope I can get rid of these big differences!

Since you are a top player and use the ip4, maybe you could look at the list of low scoring levels I just put up for ctay and let me know what your scores are on those particular levels?

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Oh, okay, that's one confirmation!

I did find on another level or so that sometimes just dropping is NOT the fastest way to stop the timer though. I'm not sure, but I also think I've seen rain patterns (in extreme slo-mo) that will be different based if I take a different approach even though the timer stops at the same time.

15. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Oh and 979 on 143.

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1057 dabigkahuna, Apr 25, 2011

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    New record.

Level 11: 991 pts

This is one of those I listed before where I said I could stop the timer higher than the actual record, but with this new score, I can't get it any higher.

But ctay might be able to!

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    New record.

Level 45: 991 pts

Big one for me. While it only beat the record by one, it raised by score by 7 pts!

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1060 dabigkahuna, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    Not a record, but I managed to stop the timer on level 46 at 990 - that's 3 pts above the record. Now somebody just has to win it at that score!

UPDATE! New record on level 46 (989 pts).

So at least one more pt is possible.