iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, that is interesting! If I understand things correctly, your phone would be a 3GS (mine is a 3G). Notable is that yours is the same as pantsjo, who can't get 992.

It got me to thinking that it might be the iOS version. Even on my 3G, I have upgrade to 4.x, but I just tested on level 1 and got 992 with no slo-mo. Also stopped the clock at 992 on level 9 but need slo-mo to beat it.

So, if you have a 3GS like pantsjo, I can only guess that maybe there can be small variations in the same hardware OR the iOS has some effect.

So, step one: Let us know what iOS you have and confirm that it is a 3GS. If not an original phone or an iphone 4, it has to be a 3G or 3GS.

Then we'll see what iOS pantsjo is using. We know he has a 3GS.

2. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Thanks. Already had 73 - it was one of the ones missing from pantsjos chart.

I assume since you don't list set 1 or 3 that you have no changes there?

We are now up to 178,129!

3. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1103 ctay, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    :):):):):)

4. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Ok, I researched it is a 3G and "version" 3.1.3

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, there goes more of my records! The one that really hurts, I was 13 points above the old record (at least at the time I set it).

Keep it up. Now up to 178,136.

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, I have the 3G, but never iOS. I'll have to try the game on it some more. Too bad that, even if I can get what you do, there is no leaderboard option on it so my total point improvement would never show up.

7. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Maybe with a newer software version you would get the "gamecenter" ... I am sure there is a way to upgrade ... maybe as simple as putting your sim card in it and updating ??? don't know much about this stuff

8. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I am sorry. I don't even want the "records"! I'd rather play to catch up not keep ahead, if that makes any sense.

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    No, I have the newer iOS, but I remember it said to have gamcenter you had to have at least a 3GS.

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Oh, it's just a game I play to motivate myself. Doesn't really matter to me either beyond that. It is fun to find a big jump in the records though.

I haven't had any luck stopping the clock on the section 3 levels. Go ahead and post those scores. Now I want to see how close to 178,200 we can get!

11. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1111 ctay, Apr 27, 2011
    :):):):)

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    178,150. We have about 100 "extra" PTS. Level PTS over 990. Haven't counted how much the ones in the 970's cost us yet.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, if I counted this right, there are 104 points from levels scoring over 990. Since we are trying to get an overall average of 990, that's our "cushion" so far.

Of the levels below 980 pts, they total 84 pts less than 990, so we still have a cushion, but just 20 pts to spare.

Then you have those at 985 or less. Those total 40 pts, which puts us in the hole by 20 and we still need to deal with those from 986-989.

In short, I suspect we are going to need to find a solution to one or more of those in the 970's if we want to get to 178,200.

ctay, can you check with your expert friend(s) and get his scores for any of those on the high score list that are below 980? There aren't a lot: 60, 76, 90, 128, 129, 136, 148.

And if any have beaten the records, knowing their hardware will probably be helpful.

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'm helping Pantsjo keep the high score list updated. I just finished and I think it is correct (at least the total points matches what I have on my computer). Let me know if you catch any errors I may have made.

Looking forward to you folks posting new high scores.

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1115 dabigkahuna, Apr 27, 2011
    Ctay,

I've gotten my iphone 3G up through the first three sets of levels so far and, besides getting a couple 992 scores (haven't made much effort to get high scores yet - just trying to unlock everything), on the problem level 58, I was able to just drop the wheel and stop the timer at 991. I think that confirms the hardware difference. Doesn't mean that some trick won't be found to make it better on the ip4, but probably unlikely. Hoping to work through all those problem ones in the next few days.

16. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    ctay, can you check with your expert friend(s) and get his scores for any of those on the high score list that are below 980? There aren't a lot: 60, 76, 90, 128, 129, 136, 148.

And if any have beaten the records, knowing their hardware will probably be helpful.[/QUOTE]

All of their high scores would have been recorded for levels through 120 after that they stopped playing or using the "advanced techniques"... Their high scores still remain or have been beaten. ipancho has listed the idevices they used...

17. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big K,
    I am going to play C&E for awhile now. So slo mo is gone. Tried a million times to raise the score on 103 and absolutely NO luck with stopping the one lone rain drop on either side from bouncing up and getting the orange...
    Have fun.

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Still have my slo-mo, but when home most of my time is working on my 3G phone until I have unlocked all the levels and then test a few of the ones that were a problem on the ip4. I'll still play with the ip4 when out and about when I can, but I won't be surprised if more records are very rare now. After all, anything with a 991-2 is unbeatable by me and that covers over half the levels!

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, how do I handle this?

I am probably pretty close to the limit of my scoring using an iphone 4 on Cover Orange. That is the score that shows up on the leader board.

But I'm playing it now on my 3G and, even though I've just started and am usually not yet trying or top scores, I have gotten a couple 992 scores AND just got 991 on level 58 (18 pt improvement just on that one!). But the 3G doesn't do the leader board.

So, do I count these points in my totals we talk about here or just count those from my iphone 4?

20. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Do what you would like; they are your points.
    I would like to suggest that you "fix" your 3G so that it will support the gamecenter. Google: Gamecenter for apple 3g. There is a video on Utube.
    There are legit places that will fix your phone for about twenty bucks. You could just use it as an idevice for playing games. Call a local ATT store and see if they can refer you to a place that fixes/sells older iphones.
    It is not illegal to unlock or jailbreak or whatever it is called your iphone.