iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Just finished with the first 40 levels again with a decent slo-mo and got these records on my 3G:

23: 991
    31: 991
    33: 991
    36: 992

I know 992 is possible on level 39, but can't get a lucky break yet.

Bad levels (in the sense that on the 3G, I can almost always expect 990-992) are:

28: 985
    35: 987

2. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Got a few more high scores which people can just look at the chart for:

http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

Lighter highlight color are the newest improvements.

My total score on the 3G is just 175,274, but then, I haven't really worked on most of the levels for max pts yet. Just finished every level today.

With all the new high scores, the grand total is just 8 points short of reaching our goal of 178,200.

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Just put up 9 new scores. I'm leaving the other highlighted scores there, just changing the colors each day because I wanted to make it obvious to people how much difference there is on an iphone 3G - and I've really only focused on the first 65 levels so far!

Link at http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

We also just passed the 178,200 goal.

My scores, on the levels where I've done better than my old scores, have gone up by 148 pts on those 72 levels. Of course, I've had many ties too. Haven't taken the time see which what levels I've done worse on yet.

My total points are 176,017 and still have about 100 levels I haven't done more than just finish without much effort for a high score.

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1144 dabigkahuna, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    Finally stumbled on a way to raise my score on level 7 - both my ip4 and the 3G. Don't know if it was the way ctay did it, but on the ip4, I got 987 - one less than ctay. And with the 3G, I got 989 - one more than her.

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    14 new records at http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

Am only up to serious work up to level 80 and a few scattered one. I start each effort by going over some older levels, trying to get as many as I can up to 992 points (there are 45 so far).

Total points for me on my 3G is now 176,502 and I've so far scored higher on 91 levels that I've played, picking up 178 pts.

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I think I just put up another 14 records, working seriously up to level 120.

My total points has me at 177,139 on the 3G phone. Enough to be in 5th place if it had a leaderboard (and we assume the top two are hackers).

Getting much tougher though and there are some levels where I haven't been able to get very close to my iphone 4 scores. Hopefully not so many that I can beat my old total eventually.

I presently hold or am tied with 139 level records - overwhelmingly on the 3G. Of the first 120 levels I've mostly focused on, I hold or am tied for 107 records. The 3G definitely has some big advantages!

I have a three day weekend so, hopefully, I finally finish a complete run thru of serious effort on all levels. Then I'll go back and try to see if I can bump up any scores which are worse than on the iphone 4 I have.

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    14 new records seems to be becoming normal! Just worked on 121-140 so far and that's what I got. I hope to do more tonight.

Scores at http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

My total on the 3G so far is 177,323. Amazingly, 91 new records are on this device so far. I only have 10 left on my ip4.

8. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Pantsjo:

Remember your problem with level 154 (the swinging baskets)? I have something for you to try. It doesn't work on my 3G because, for some reason, those baskets seem to have more power and eventually just knock the barrels off. Never seen anything like it on other levels.

Anyway, something I tried may work for you if your phone doesn't do the same as my 3G, but instead the orange just tends to roll.

Start by dropping a barrel on top of the orange. It's a little tricky to get it to slide into the basket, but not as bad as trying to balance things on top of oranges!

Then drop the other barrel just to the right of the pivot point of the oranges basket. My theory is that the barrel may keep the orange in place.

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I've finished up to level 161 and have 16 more records. Total points are 177,567. I'm still listing them under the May 6th update since, for me, I still have four hours to go on that day!

Gotta love this 3G!

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1150 dabigkahuna, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    Whew! Finally finished all the levels with a serious effort (though I know at least some can be improved).

Present score on the 3G is 178,069 - that 31 pts behind ctay.

I have 118 records on the 3G (9 more on the ip4). I tied another 37 records. You would think that would put me in first, but of the 16 where I'm lagging, I must have some really bad ones.

Well, I still have to go back and see if I can move some scores up. Never got a 993 score so I think we are still correct that the top two scores are hackers.

Does anyone have an iTouch that is the same generation as the iphone 3G? Maybe that can score higher than 992. I think we've tried everything else.

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I've gone back through a bunch of levels (1-110) and raised the records on 18. Also greatly improve a couple of my really low scores on the 3G so my total pts on that device is now 178,204 - enough for first place if I jail break my 3G iphone to get on the leader board if you don't count the two presumed hackers!

Other items:

1. The 3G so far set the record on 131 levels! It isn't me - at least not beyond whatever skill I had on the ip4. While I can't do things to guarantee I can get the gaps where I want, I most certainly can do it a lot more on the 3G. And the simple fact that the timer usually stops quicker is a hardware issue. As a result, so far 95 levels have scores of 992. I suspect some of the 991 scores are also only because of the hardware differences.

2. My ip4 is down to just 5 records.

3. Between the two phones, all but 12 records were set or tied! Just amazing how different it is.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Final update for the night.

168 scores that set or equal the record from the 3G. Two more from the ip4. That leaves 10 levels where I am behind the record. Not bad. I think some of the records can still be improved. Not sure I can get more points on those I'm behind on though.

Total points = 178,264 on the 3G.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, this is weird. I was working on level 35 to raise the score and, after dropping the wheel on the cart, it still moved for awhile under the platform instead of getting stuck. I know I got it stuck under there before!

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'm starting to make a list where I can at least get the timer to stop at a higher score than anyone has. So far gone through the first 60 and I've only managed it on level 21 where 992 is possible. I just dump everything over the side and try for the gaps to work out.

The problem is, you have to have the gaps miss both oranges AND both bombs. Best I've done so far is to miss all but one bomb.

I've tried a few times to balance a triangle on one of the oranges (which might also partially protect one bomb), but every time I do that, the timer goes down too far no matter how fast I've done it.

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Added a few more scores between 131-136, but I may have more before the day is over.

I also put all the names of scores totaling 992 in bold since I don't think those scores can be beat. Hopefully this will make it easier for people who want to try for records to just look for those with lower scores.

My total on the 3G is now 178,281 pts.

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1156 dabigkahuna, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
    Up to 178,295 on the 3G - and I'm learning a few things. It seemed odd to me that I can work hard over a range of levels and then go back on a later day and seem to easily beat my prior high scores. Well, today I was working on level 165. The high had been 990. As I worked on it, I was able to keep getting the timer to stop at 992, probably most of the time (just didn't get enough luck on the gaps to actual beat it).

And then I suddenly couldn't get 992 at all, despite lots of tries. Later the 992 scores came back and I finally won.

This reenforces what I mentioned before about how on level 35, what used to get the cart stuck suddenly no longer did (later it did get stuck again). So it can pay to go back to levels you don't think you can beat. We presently have 111 levels with a score of 992.

Levels where I have gotten the timer to stop higher than the high score, but didn't win:

Levels where I can't match the record on the 3G:

69 (-4)
    93 (-10)
    100 (-4)
    120 (-4)
    154 (-4)

Made a few adjustments to the score list at:

http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

First, I switched the bold-face on the name to feature those scores BELOW 992. As far as anyone can tell, you just can't get higher than that so this should make it easier for people who want to set records to find the ones where it may be possible.

Next, I made the highlighting color of "new" records from the 3G all the same except for the ones I got today. I wanted to keep all the 3G scores as obvious as possible so people could see the advantage in that hardware. If you add in the records that I tied, the 3G presently holds 171 out of 180 !

When I finally quit (on purpose or accidentally), I want to see what I can do with it on the Valentine version. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get a good slo-mo on that one. It's easy on the regular game - just set the screen to stay on and let level 7 run overnight (while plugged in). I keep doing that until it gets as slow as I want.

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1157 dabigkahuna, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    I've been updating the above post, but thought I specifically mention raising the high score on level 103. That's been there a very long time. I dropped one one wheel down in the center and put a wheel on top of each orange - tough to do! But I still needed luck to not have a rain drop roll down one of the ramps.

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1158 dabigkahuna, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
    Just got 984 on level 148. That's a notable 6 point improvement so here's what I did (I have not tried this on anything but the iphone 3G so far).

Basically I dropped the first wheel anyplace convenient. The main thing is to wait for the lever to rotate around pretty far and then time the other wheel so it wedges in between the lever and the upper left point of the platform on the right. Every time I did this, the timer stopped at 984.

However, while I could always get the gap to work for the left orange, the one on the right always had a rain drop hit the slanted section of the thing it is on and it would bounce into the orange.

Finally, I dropped the first orange so it would slightly push that orange to the right. The wheel, at least in the one time I did it, rolled off to the left until it fill in the gap below the left orange. I was afraid this movement of the orange would cause the timer to keep going, but it still stopped at 984. Don't know if that is dependent on how hard you hit the orange or not. Anyway, this made it so the drops missed.

Total points on the 3G are now 178,341.

119 levels now have scores of 992 and 34 more have scores of 991.

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I played level 148 on my iphone 4 today and did break the old record (not the record on the 3G). Got 981, but could get 983 if I get some more luck on the gaps.

Slight variation on what I wrote before. I hit the right orange to push it to the right, but do it in a way that the wheel I dropped ends up following the orange. Once I drop the other wheel to stop the lever from spinning, that orange is completely safe. Which means you just need to get the orange on the left to be safe by getting a gap at the right time.

20. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    This game's premise makes absolutely no sense, but it's really fun.