iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1161 dabigkahuna, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
    Oops. Just lost my slo-mo on the 3G so I won't be doing anything to try to improve any more high scores. I know some are possible, but I think I'll take a break while I see if I can do some other games better on the 3G than on my iphone four.

Final stats are:

My record = 178,343 pts on my 3G.

Combined total of all record scores = 178,369 pts

119 levels with 992 pts

35 levels with 991 pts

Lowest record score is 980 (levels 76 & 90)

Score list:
    http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

I've just started playing a game called Siege Hero - a crush the castle type came. Kinda fun and, last I checked, I was ranked #1 on my iphone 4 - out of a whole 117 players!!!

2. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    FDG
    Time for some new levels. Please.
    Even Big K has left the game for another and the forum is EMPTY.
    :)

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    And I'd like some info on dealing with hackers - including if FDG can tell if the top two scores are, for sure, hackers. We know they both AVERAGE more points than any of the other top scorers can get on even one level.

The other game I'm playing now suddenly got a couple people way past any of the old top scorers. I never was in competition for such things before so now I'm wondering if the leaderboard is seriously flawed as a concept.

Not sure what can be done, but I have a couple ideas that may help. Maybe in cases where it is definitely a hacker, the score can not only be removed, but that name would be permanently banned.

Don't know how the total score is handled, but if the top score can be hacked so that the individual scores don't add up, maybe the system could check that. And to get even more complicated, maybe not only catch people based on an impossible total score (or failure to match the total of the individual level) but also know what the most points possible are on each level - if any of them are out of line, the name is thrown out.

I could even see a system included in a game that checked the score on very launch to see if there was a change since the last quit.

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1164 dabigkahuna, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    Ctay,

I did play it a little on my iphone 4 - just trying to get more points on level 148. Finally managed 983 (best I could stop the clock at) by finally getting the luck on the gaps.

5. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Hear ya big K... many of the good and true players are now refering to the Game Center as the "hack center" so whatever apple was thinking, is really just a joke to many... your ideas for improvement are very good... wish apple would listen and make some changes...

6. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big K
    I am looking forward to some new levels and getting back into some fun "competing" for the top scores with you and pantsjo.
    ctay

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Another thing I'd like to see Apple do - nothing about Game Center - would be to have something which developers could connect to in your phone which would save any info (high scores, etc) separately from the normal backup. I've had times they told me I needed to restore as "new" and lost everything! No excuse not to have a way to restore your phone than run a special apple app which would reset all the info from this special file.

8. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    If they do, I'll just use my iphone 4 for awhile. Apparently there are simply enough differences in the 3G that no one without a 3G can compete with - unless someone can report on an itouch of the same level. I'd love to see if they differed.

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    What's up? I have over 196,000 PTS with the update but the leaderboard won't show more than my first 194,055 PTS!

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'm up to 197,021, but still can't get the leaderboard to change. I've tried quitting completely (including from the task bar) and restarting but no luck.

Looking at the other scores on the board, there are two others over 194,000. They'll need to report their experiences, but I have a theory that once they past the 194,000 mark, their scores may have stopped too - their first scores above that just being different than mine.

Sure would like to see a fix!

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Updated iPantjos score list for the new levels. I'm sure many of mine have been beaten so let me know. I haven't really tried to maximize points. I just wanted to finish all the levels for now (187 was a real pain!).

Scores are here:

http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Up to 197,200, but leaderboard is still wrong. Haven't changed the score chart linked above either. Maybe tomorrow.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    FINALLY - leaderboard works again - I'm number 1, until ctay and Pantjo get more time on the game!

Oh, played 187 some more. Didn't raise my score, but I think I figured out how you are "supposed" to solve it. My way gets more points but considering I only got it to work once, it isn't real practical!

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1174 dabigkahuna, May 26, 2011
    Got a little slo-mo working for me. My score is 2nd behind, as usual, ctay. However, I've also played on my 3G with some slo-mo and 198,093 on it - but no leaderboard.

The new high scores for the last 20 levels are updated, but I'm using my iphone 4 scores. I know I can beat people using other iphone/itouch devices so I won't post those for a good while so others can try to set level records. But I can tell you that of the 20 new levels, my 3G has gotten 992 on 7 of them and 991 on 6!

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Interesting result. Went back over the older levels with my ip4 - just the ones where I was below 989 pts (I just don't have much slo-mo and was pretty sure I couldn't beat those without it).

Anyway, I found a number of levels where my new trick may work. Two I did improve my ip4 score on and one I actually broke the old record for all devices:

Level 69 (988 pts) - two pt improvement.

Can't wait to get more slo-mo and see if I can get some others up.

My 3G attempts are temporarily halted because I pressed the wrong button and quit the app - no more slo-mo tonight!

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1176 dabigkahuna, May 27, 2011
    Still in 2nd (on the iphone 4), but I did boost up a number of levels - even some back on the old levels. Especially noteworthy is level 91 where I set a new record by a good margin - even better than on my 3G at the time (I have since applied the same tactic with the 3G and got even higher).

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1177 dabigkahuna, May 27, 2011
    Played through all the levels with my 3G iphone (just those under 992 points since I don't think you can get past that).

I raised 4 of the scores on the first 180 levels! Considering how much I played them before, that's amazing.

Of the last 20 levels, I raised the scores on 11 of them! I figured I could do some since I haven't played them as much, but not 11.

The scores on pantjo's chart do include the 3G scores for the first 180 levels, as before, but I'm still only using the ip4 scores for the last 20 levels.

My 3G scores for those levels average about 3.3 pts higher. 13 of those levels on the 3G have scores of 992 and 5 have 991.

While I have improved some of those first 180 levels on the iphone 4, it would still leave me behind both Pantjo and ctay for those levels. I can only beat them on the 3G.

18. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    God someone likes the sound of there own voice here eh:rolleyes:

Good too see they cleaned up leader board of hackers :D and can't believe you guys still hitting this game hard though
    Ctay and pantsjo I got bored with it long time ago, nice for new levels to come out though had quick go , did them all but won't be going for slow mo scores though, still managed a respectable 3rd for now :)

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1179 dabigkahuna, May 27, 2011
    Nah, just the absence of other people reporting what they have experienced. I had stopped playing too until the new levels came out.

I am probably pretty close to maximizing those, but not quite. Takes awhile doing it on two different devices.

Did they actually clean out the hackers - or have they simply gotten left far behind since the new levels came out - only to pop back up at some point in the future when they get around to hacking it again?

20. Jfoles13

Jfoles13 Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Big K, to answer your question from awhile ago, I use an iPhone 4. Would you care to share what your newly discovered trick is?