iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    BTW, there are also quirks between different hardware that are pretty big for how soon you can stop the timer. For example, in spite of my success at getting really high scores on the 3G, there are four levels where I'm below the record - by at least 4 pts and one by 10! One one piece of hardware, some people can just drop all the objects and the counter will stop. On another piece of hardware, the timer just keeps right on going.

2. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Cheers BigK, I know about and use the balancing trick, very useful for high scores. As for the slo-mo glitch it seems like cheating and creates a whole new perspective to the game. I suppose that if everyone can do it then it's fair game but i would have been more interested in the high score battle without glitches and would love to see a slo-mo free leaderboard. Oh well! Incidently I was gonna say that Tilestorm is my favourite iPhone puzzle game and hugely challenging, I have the world record on that but I bet that my times could be blown away with this slo-mo technique. Although most mortals havnt got the minerals or mental dexterity to even complete the game. Have an ace day. :)

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1223 dabigkahuna, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    Well, since just playing it a lot will slow it down - it won't go back to the original speed unless you completely quit the game (I'm not sure if, on an iphone 4, if you run a lot of other apps even while this game is in the dock, if it will speed up again) - there are going to be people who just naturally get it to slow down anyway. I have apps in the dock for weeks at a time! And as far as I can tell, anyone can get slo-mo. Thus I consider it to be just something that people discover, like any other tactic.

4. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1224 ctay, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
    I can't resist adding my two cents...
    The slo mo "glitch" cannot be avoided, as big K says, it begins after about two hours of play. I believe he has managed to get all those 992s on his 3G. by using several methods that all the top players have discovered.
    Hello to Mikeg, thank goodness, CP doesn't have all the "methods". :rolleyes:
    Cover Orange is a great game and it is TIME FOR NEW LEVELS.
    oh, and I too believe the top two players are hackers, so get rid of them so I will be #1 ;)
    Actually, if they are legit, it would be great to have them active on the forum. Maybe they have figured out a way to completely stop the rain... then, of course, it would not be a "game" would it?

5. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I play with an ipod and I have a score of 991. It has been awhile since I played that level but I just looked at it AND to get 991 you are going to have to get a major reduction in the rain and cover one orange and quicklly drop the other object. The 992 score would most likely be obtained by very little rain and/or a huge gap in the rain and dropping all the objects immediately to stop the timer. If big K got 992 it is legit, but, keep in mind he got it on his 3g iphone... and unless he jail breaks it he can't put those 3g scores on the game center leaderboard ...:D

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1226 dabigkahuna, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    All my 992 scores are on the 3G. Can't do better than 991 on the iPhone 4.
    My 3G score is 198,219 - there are 4 I don't have the record on, missing by 4, 4, 6, and 10 points.

7. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Benjani Smith romping up the leaderboard! :) If you google the 2nd places name it takes you to an icheats website that doesn't seem to be used. Must have been a publicity hack. As for 1st place that is lies. Fact.

8. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Romp on up and congrats on "3rd" place! Thanks for researching the hackers and proving them to be just that.
    FDG... MORE LEVELS SOON PLEASE! :)

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1229 dabigkahuna, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
    Isn't he in "4th place"? You, me, Pantsjo, and him.

We need to know what hardware he is using and also if he has gotten and new high scores - especially on the list which doesn't include the 3G iPhone. He has enough points that he might have stumbled across a better way of beating a level.

Oops - saw he moved up again to third.

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
  11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'm having the same problem I had some time ago with the leaderboard. I played for awhile and checked it and had moved way up. Then I continued and finished all the levels - just quick successes rather than maximizing my scores. I'm up to 216,652 pts, but my leaderboard score hasn't changed at all since the initial change. Others MAY be having the same problem, but I can't tell. Highest leaderboard score is 198,991 but those people could be stuck too. I know some scores are going up though because my placement has dropped to 100.

This needs to be fixed! My score hasn't been updated for at least 7 hours. I've tried restarting the game. I even tried turning the iphone completely off without any success.

12. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Mistake on our side. Please check again in a few minutes - scores should appear.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Checked about 30 minutes after your post. At first the score was the same. I then played a level (added a few points) and checked again and it was correct. Don't know if that is coincidence or sometimes you have to play more - maybe even change a score - to get an update. I remember I had issues long ago with Angry Birds where my latest increase wouldn't show up. It would always be one behind. At least if I hadn't quit the game.

Anyway, I'm back in first - at least until ctay plays some more!

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Dang, ctay, you're making me work too hard! Especially since you already had a 50 pt lead before the latest levels! But, I did finally get ahead of you - ought to last for about 30 minutes after you get back to the game!

BTW, be sure to let us know if you get any 992 scores and especially if you get higher than that!

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    New scores posted. Right now they are all mine because they are all I know so if you have any better scores on the new levels (or any levels), post them here and I'll get to them when I can.

Remember, we have two sets of scores posted. One including the iphone 3G - which generally can score higher - and one that leaves it out. Haven't played it on the 3G yet. Here is the link:

http://home.kpn.nl/smit0399/pantsjo.htm

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ctay in 1st again. Go ctay.

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1237 dabigkahuna, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    Yep, no way that I can keep up with her lead other than for brief moments - maybe not even that now. But I did play on the 3G last night and got a bunch of 992's and I think all or almost all were 989 or above.

Based on my run through this morning on the iphone 4, I can't get much more without getting some serious slo-mo.

Just updated the scores and added in the 3G scores (remember the top chart includes the 3G and the bottom one does not).

18. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1238 ctay, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Thanks, Erik. Got the one year old today so no CP or CO!
    Big K,
    No 992's and I don't know what the little caps do...
    try and ask FDG maybe they will tell us...
    update
    I downloaded CO to my iphone and used one of the little helmets for level 15
    My score was 500 points automatically, so there is a penalty for using it...
    I was able to replay the level and get more points...
    SO this is good news and a nice feature for newer players ..

19. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1239 ctay, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    as is "said" on CP, "sigh"

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Aha! That one year old isn't keeping you busy enough! I haven't quite caught your high score I saw when I got up today, but in the meantime, you've added 48 more!

Glad to hear about the helmets. Here's another question for you since you used them. If you use one and then later beat that level without using one, do you get the helmet back or is it gone forever? I don't particularly plan on using them, but someday there could be a level I can't do.

Updated the score list again a couple minutes ago. Let me know any you have better scores on.