Universal Cruise Control - Looking for beta testers.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dhw, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks for reporting that. The issue has been fixed in the next version.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Are you still sending out invites ?

3. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
  4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Wow just wow
    I think this will be up for game of he year honors.
    The entire look and theme of the game is something that I've never seen.
    The controls are perfect and coins are hard enough to collect which is a great thing. Keeps me wanting to play more.
    At first I was trying to control the car but I didn't read the control message that popped up .
    Unlockables are what makes me wanting to play over and over. Glad it wasn't a high score game !

5. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #65 dhw, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Build 1.1.6 has just been released.

- Bonus Stage
    - Rewind on death
    - Achievements
    - Claw Machine's random prize has been redone
    - Sharing Score/Replay with Twitter/Facebook/etc
    - Improved performance

This build took quite a while there was another crashing issue on iPhone 6s/+. Spent about 3 days debugging it. Hopefully I was able to fix it. If anyone has any crashing issues please let me know.

I would like to thank all the beta testers. All the comments and bug reports have been very helpful.

Sign up for the beta here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dphPuCSsmCUtIptLN6Q-0KsjEBGTtjuFF31QrXV8YDk

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/playcruisectrl

http://www.playcruisecontrol.com

6. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I feel that the control in latest build 1.1.6 (1) has been greatly improved. The trajectory of the car seems noticeably more predictable. I did stop playing it for a few days and pick it up after the updated seeded today... I don't know, maybe it's just me. It is so much more enjoyable (less punishing) in this version.

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    We've arrived!

Controls are GREAT! You got them down right! I really like them now! I'm getting new vehicles from the claw machine. Which is awesome. I like the rewind feature. The only thing is will they regenerate over time or are they IAP only?

I'm really loving this build. I see you added some more coins too in the levels which is good. I definitely will be purchasing the premium IAP pack from the store. Without a doubt. As soon as the game is released.

Billy

8. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    We are currently reworking the UI. Feel that it's taking up too much screen. Feels just unfinished.

[​IMG]

That's what we have so far.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    That's cool.

Can you brighten up the power ups and coins as well ? They are still hard to see sometimes.

Billy

10. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    #70 apeape, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Sure, no problem!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell yes that's perfect! I can see those so much better in those pictures. Way way way better. Thank you very much!

I can't believe how awesome this game is shaping up to be. I can't wait for the game to be released. People are really going to love this game. I can play and play and play. I already know I'm buying the premium IAP and I need knight rider from the start. I'll be buying that. Hands down. Lol

Believe it or not I really like the starting A team van too. It's a good vehicle to control.

Billy

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok.

I've been playing. The prize claw still needs work. I just got the darn red car again twice in a row. That makes atleast 8 draws on that car. And I just got it twice in a row. So it's still not right. It takes a lot to get the coins.

The rewinds. They don't regenerate. So now I'm out and you want me to spend money for more? Not a lot of people are going to go for this. I guarantee you. I personally will go without them. Perhaps you can have them regenerate a certain number everyday and then you can watch ads for more. Even if it was two ads for 1. Something like that. You'll make more money off of the ad revenue than you will forcing people to just go without them or paying for them with no choice in between. Especially at $5. I don't see many people paying that.

I'm still loving the controls. I love the gameplay. I love so much about this game.

Billy

13. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #73 dhw, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    You can buy rewinds with coins. Everything in game be had without paying anything. It works to be 5 rewinds per ad watch. I will take a look at the prize randomness again. We can't have it give out a new car every time. Currently there is a 30% chance you are guaranteed a new car. This is outside of the normal odds. Also it's setup so you can't win the car you currently have selected or the last won car. Can you give me an idea of what you think would be fair for the prize machine?

I will look into you winning the same car twice in a row. That should not ever happen.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Where do you buy the rewinds for coins? I don't see it anywhere. It says you are out of rewinds do you want to buy more. If you click the button it opens the store where it ha the $5 deal.

With the prize claw I don't know. I need to see how things would go with the coin doubler. It's taking an awful long time to get coins to use the prize claw.

Billy

15. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Thanks for all the feedback! It's been very helpful.

If you scroll down lower in the shop there are options to pay with coins there. Don't worry, those prices are just placeholders. It will probably be more like 25 rewinds for $0.99. We'll probably make it so you can win rewinds/slowmo directly by watching ads sometimes as well.

We will be adding tips to tell you about all this. The claw game, UI and tutorial systems were the last things to be added to the game so they still need a bit of work.

16. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
  17. Kalosky

Kalosky Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Just got into the beta today and I REALLY love this game. I admit the controls took me a bit to get used to, but after about 20 min I got it down. Stoked to see what all changes between now and the final release :)

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Lol, i'm glad it is!

I finally adapted to the difficult to master, but great working controls.
    I'm still losing my car in an overwhelming carambolage (leads mostly to a game over screen) and i would love to see hvianna's proposal implemented: Invincibility for a few seconds. Almost a must-have, no?

Any tip to encounter these bloody cops the best? I haven't found a recipe yet.

Still needs quite some work here and there, but some folks will love (and play) this surreal looking twitchy godess to death. It has the great one-more-go factor.

Darn, i should have turned on Sandbox leaderboard again...

Attached Files:

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just lost my car at the start again without touching the screen. It just flew off screen to the right and wrecked after a few seconds.

I didn't even touch the screen. It just flew off on its side and disappeared. Just wanted to report it.

Billy

20. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    This happened on 1.1.6? Did any traffic or cop hit it?