Universal Dead Effect 2 (by BadFly Interactive)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BadFly_Interactive, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am soooo ready for this. Let this through now apple!

2. I've been silently waiting for this; I bought the original and was just thinking about reinstalling it the other day... but if the new one is dropping soon, NAH. The first one was fun, but this one looks like a vast improvement! Zombie killin' in a dark and spooky space station = win :D

I'm STILL trying to get through Dead Space iOS & give the Rainbow Six game a go I've had for a couple years before another iOS update forces them into oblivion.

3. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Sneak peek - live stream

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that Brian from TouchGamePlay channel is doing a DE2 live stream every day until the release. If you want to have an exclusive look at the game in all its glory, check out the past two live streams and be sure to tune in for the following ones!

https://youtu.be/KgIbXKs3t7o

https://youtu.be/EynNk_UOac0

4. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
  5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #185 LordShad0wz, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    I'm really excited for this game. Following everything. To the devs. Please please don't let there be an energy timer system. If there is atleast allow me to pay one time to remove it. I want to pay! Please don't make me uninstall the game. It really looks like fun. The videos look amazing! I love fps's and I've enjoyed Dead Effect 1. That's all I want to say.

Billy

6. MRBISCUTS96

MRBISCUTS96 Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Also please don't let it require an Internet connection to play :rolleyes:

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    iirc, a online connection is only required for multiplayer and uploading your savegame data to icloud.

Not sure if I'm okay with that, especially due to the multiplayer part. It probably wont take long until you'll meet dozens of hackers in multiplayer unless accounts are checked upon suspicious behaviour.

8. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I played Rainbow Six on Android years ago and I really liked it. Good old days of Gameloft.

9. Kehshsidhdudh5

Kehshsidhdudh5 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Michigan
    Is there an eta on this game yet

10. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Comes out this Thursday

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye I did and it looks genuinely good so far.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Looks amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

14. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Technical requirements

Hey guys!

We've been getting lots of questions about the technical requirements, so we decided to sum them up in one post. This will give you an idea of what kind of device you need to play Dead Effect 2.

First of all, you will need at least 1.75 GB of space to install the game - the size being due to the high quality and lots of content, plus the length of the game.

Another requirement for a smooth and trouble-free functionality is a device with 1024 MB RAM - that means most of the newer smartphones and tablets.

There's also a big change - you will need Internet connection. That is for a number of reasons, the most important ones being the remote management of in-app purchases to prevent cheating and frauds, and the upcoming multiplayer mode (which of course cannot work offline).
    However, this brings a great bonus in the form of cross-platform saves - thanks to the stored data, you can access your game progress from multiple devices, both iOS and Android ones.

The game is also fully compatible with Android TV, NVIDIA Shield and the recently launched NVIDIA console with X1 chip.

[​IMG]

15. SandmanSandlin

SandmanSandlin New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That's great you're supporting the Shield TV since I happen to have one. I've been waiting for another awesome game to play on that thing. How will the Tegra X1 chip be supported graphics wise compared to the latest ios devices? I'll probably play it on my iphone either way.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks for all of the info. To clarify...do you need an Internet connection if playing in single player/story mode?

17. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hey there! Most pronounced are HDR and DoF effects, plus high-quality textures and bloom. It really looks great on the big screen :)

18. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Yes, since the connection allows you to save your progress.

19. MRBISCUTS96

MRBISCUTS96 Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Do you need the latest OS? ... will iOS version 8.1.2 work?

20. Yep, completely expected the online persistence. Not a problem; pretty standard thing these days.

Looking forward so much to this game!!!!!