Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I am interested in the beta testing, I like xcom, by I want something new with improvement.
    Send me a pm , and I will send you my email.

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    @madreviewer: Sounds good ... sent you a PM.

Hey guys, the first build was loaded successfully. I have set up everyone that sent me a PM with an email ID as an external playtester. Not sure what happens next as this is the first time doing this. The status says that it is "Waiting for Review" ... not sure if that means that Apple is looking at it or it's available to play testers. :confused:

Can anyone that sent me an email ID that was registered for test flight let me know if they got any email / invite or something for this game?

3. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi guys,

I think Apple need to review the uploaded build before they release it to external play testers. Seems excessive but those are the rules, I guess. :(

Sorry for the delay. On the bright side, I made some tweaks and it now seems to work on the original iPad2 and original iPad mini. Testing it on my original iPad2 now ... I tell you, it's not the prettiest game on these devices but frankly, the fact that it runs at all is pretty cool. 512MB of RAM is so little for a full 3D game like this one.

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Uploading a new build now that fixes some bugs that were in the first play test build. Apple haven't looked at the first one so I don't think uploading a new one will cause any delays or issues.

I'm running into a major bug I'm not able to fix yet. For some reason, items obtained aren't being saved and loaded properly. So if a player wins a magic item at the end of one level, at the start of the next level ... the item changes into some other item of the save level and quality. It's driving me nuts. I'm hoping I can get this fixed soon as it's a show stopper bug at the moment. :mad:

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually ... I spoke too soon. Apple are in the process of reviewing the test flight build after all. In that case, I'm going to wait until they're done their review before I upload the next version. Please bear in mind that the first version I uploaded isn't compatible with devices with 512MB of RAM or less. The next version I will upload will technically work but it's pretty unstable on those devices. :(

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi guys,

Apple approved the beta version and links have been sent out to those who sent me a test flight email address. Let me know if you didn't receive it. Once you've tried out the game, please let me know your thoughts.

7. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    This. I like this. Definitely making a purchase, have to support premium devs where I can. Seeing 'freemium' anything immediately puts me off.

8. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Downloading now, post bugs and thoughts here or through test flight?

9. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    I love the strategy, I hope there will be support of the Russian language

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Let's collect feedback on this thread. Post bugs, opinions or random thoughts here.

11. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Thoughts

In every new room I enter, the characters freeze up, not working. I have to shut down and restart the room. The rooms are really dark and picking up items for the inventory is odd.

Aside from that... this is shaping up to be really freaking awesome!

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    You know ... I noticed that as well on my own device. Trying to trouble shoot what's going on. What I find is that sometimes on a new level, you can tap the player characters to select them but it doesn't select them. Other touch inputs are working so it seems like it's just not recognizing the touch inputs for the characters sometimes. I find that restarting the level a few times fixes this but not sure why it's happening. I think I might know what's causing it so I'm going to check on that and will get back to you guys.

Also, I think I fixed the issue with magic items / equipment randomly changing item types between levels. Next update should have that fix in there.

I agree that first levels are too dark. I'm going to redo the lighting on these and brighten them up a bit. I think I gradually lightened up the levels as I built them so later levels are probably lighter so let me know what you think when you get to those.

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    By the way, what device are you using? How much RAM does it have? What graphics settings are you using ... balanced or max battery?

14. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm using an 32 GB iPad 4 Retina. I don't know about the battery... but I'm playing this with the iPad plugged in.

15. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks ... regarding battery, there is a graphics option in the options menu. You can set it to "Max Battery" which turns off some of the fancier graphics so as to conserve battery. I was curious whether you had that option set to "Max Battery" or "Balanced". There's also a "Max Graphics" option but that doesn't do anything at the moment. When I do code it, it will allow you to play at full PC graphics details on your mobile device ... which may or may not be a good idea. :D

16. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Battery Options

I didn't mess with anything with the battery. Whatever you have as default settings in game that's what I have. I'll check options next down I start the game. I lightened up the brightness on my ipad and that helps a lot with the dark rooms.

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks ... I'm narrowing down on what might be causing the players to not respond to touch input at the start of some levels. I have an idea and will test it out tonight. If that fails, I'll have to try to replicate the problem while my device is connected to my mac and do some debugging. Hopefully, there will be some kind of indication or what the issue is.

By the way, can you let me know which levels it occurs in? I find it happens level 2 sometimes but not level 1 or 3. Same for you or does it happen on all levels?

18. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    All Levels

Every level so far.

BTW: I'm out for a bit, gotta hit up a work party. Will be back later on.

19. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I did not receive an email, for the test.
    Is the test still going?

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes ... it'll be going for the next 30 days or so. Let me double check whether I added you or not. Pretty sure I did.