Deputy Dog Games is looking for new applicants!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Even if i did have any interest in your game, judging by the state of things in here it would probably be buggy, hard to control, and look terrible. you haven't given me much reason to have faith in your product.

2. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I can't wait until Santa's Smackdown is released on the App Store! It has no bugs, is so easy to control, and looks great! I'm glad everyone has so much faith in this project!

3. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    how do you know it has no bugs if the coding has just started?

4. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    #264 Flickitty, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    If you want to see the way a 14-year-old CAN and SHOULD run things, check out Koh Jing Yu (30 days of programming). He's released Cheese Collect among other iPhone titles. The kid is dedicated and smart and by the time he is 18 he'll be a seasoned veteran in the industry.

He doesn't talk about working, he actually WORKS.

5. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I'm just trying to stay out of the fights dude, lol.

6. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I know him very well. I also work very hard, not just talk about it. I'm working on the game right now!

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think the problem is you talk about it too much, this Cheese Collect guy has barely said a word and look how much work he's got done. Less time on the forums and more time developing.

8. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Yeah, well in the last 30 days, look at which 14-year-old has actually released a game, complete with source code. Koh Jing Yu is amazingly bright, and he is also very professional and respectful- he is going to go far in the industry.

He doesn't wait for others, he takes action and he is very quick at it. He meets deadlines- he submitted the update to Cheese Collect on Nov 24th and it was already approved a couple days ago.

Hell, even I didn't meet my Nov 24th deadline.

9. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I beta test most of his games and i can say he works very hard, but forgot to send me the last cheese collect build :mad:!

10. spidey146

Aug 14, 2009
    koh jing yu has turned hand-drawn graphics into a masterpiece, 4 apps released with 2 more on the way he is doing a great job, very friendly and listening to all the problems and comments

and hey, what about some credit to his partner, everyones favorite aqua globs addict DGH94 ;)

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The Cheese Collect and Bacteria Bash art is awesome. At first glance I thought it was the usual crap drawn by kids, but I quickly changed my mind. It reminds me of Mike Judge's early days with Beavis & Butt-head :)

12. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    ROFL, because of your quote, I realized a typo in my post and corrected it. It should say 'HE doesn't talk about working,'...

Maybe he just needed to rush the build out- I know his deadline was pretty tight. I'm surprised Flickitty made it into the build considering how late I sent the images.

13. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I never said that froggy isn't mature or anything, he is. But I wanna have fun too. I'm part of a team. It's fun to have friends you work with. He may meet his deadlines, but who said I'm not meeting mine?

14. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Indeed, I really like the art style of Cheese Collect. It is so crude and truthful that it retains its integrity, much like Mike Judges early work.

I guess DGH is doing the art now, so it will be interesting to see how his new batch of games compare. I'll miss the style of Cheese Collect, though.

15. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I'm going to go far in the industry, I'm just going at my own pace. I have school, homework, A SOCIAL LIFE, my games, etc. Next Christmas, I'll have a few games and a standing in the App Store. You guys just wait and see. :)

16. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    DGH94 used to be on my team. Once I have some games out maybe we could make a game together.

17. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    :rolleyes:

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah, there's the problem, developers don't have social lives :)

I didn't know DGH94 did graphics stuff... are there any apps out with his work?

19. spidey146

Aug 14, 2009
  20. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009