Deputy Dog Games is looking for new applicants!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shard477

Shard477 Active Member

Dec 6, 2009
    #341 Shard477, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    this game looks great, i KNOW it's coming out in february, i jsut know it! i know we wontr have to wait long for this, hardcore seems cool but with a bit of a temper

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I smell shill accounts... somebody is about to get banned.

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

#343 Foozelz, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    or maybe hardcore is getting his friends on this?
    because, he wants backup..... i think

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure hardcore having friends who agree with him is gonna make a difference, look what happened with saintsalive, all his buddies came along shouting about how amazing Blinks was gonna be, and was it? Credit to the guy though, he got his app out.

Anyway, no one around here is convinced without screens or video, not even Big Albie could do it by text alone.

5. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Surprisingly, you're wrong. I've seen that guy on the Pocket God Forums. Yeah, one of saintsalive's friends...

6. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I think PearApps didn't give credit to saintsalive!

7. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    No, pearapps gave him credit, but he didn't let him have any say in the project, he just did what HE wanted to do and took no input from saintsalive. I'm writing this from my welcome back party! :D :D :D ROFLROFLROFL :)

8. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Oh boy. You're back.

By the way, has Xeno & Zero been put on the backburner for a while? I'd be much more interested in a Mario-esque game than another side-scrolling holiday themed one in the middle of February.

9. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I say he should try making a puzzle game,myself.. though it would have to be something unique,and not another match 3

10. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    We got two months in and realized that we were WAY in over our heads. We're still working on it, but it isn't our top priority right now. We're working up to it. Once we have screens around next Fall, we will make a thread, and you'll get more on it as it happens. We're going to lay back, make some smaller games, and then announce our BIGGEST TITLE EVER! The announcer cost me extra. ;)

11. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Oh, please let it be an RPG

12. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    It's called iMario and it's gunna be awesome man! Me and my awesum team called iPwn Gamez are gunna rule the app store and make milions! not. :D

13. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Xeno & Robo is a mario-esque platformer with some RPG features.

14. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    That was not funny. Are you really that sad to make fun of people who haven't even posted on this thread. Please act more profession if you want people to take you seriously. Haven't you learned anything in your time out?

15. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    It was punishment enough to have missed that "wit" of yours for so long. :rolleyes:

16. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Do you listen to any of our posts like this one? And for Xeno and Robo, don't use my artwork. It's only one level anyway, but I have dreams of making a platformer like Mario too. And I made that level for you under the belief I would be paid a certain percentage cut, which you had no intent to pay me.

17. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I was going to pay you! When did I ever say I wasn't? I said that I never fired anyone on the staff, but I never said you wouldn't be getting paid! If you did that kind of artwork all the way though, you'd be getting paid the most, like cuestaluis is now! He's getting paid more than everyone else on the staff because he works hard and he's really good at it too. And BTW, mflc apologized to me so we're all cool now, I'm just using a little mild humor. And cmon guys, you can't keep this guy down for long. :)

18. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Okay, well do you intend to use that level?

19. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I don't want to find the post but you did say you fired 7 out of the 10 people who have left.

20. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I gave them 100 chances and kept asking for work and after two months of giving me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING why should they stay on the team, get to beta test the game, and be in the credits? It's not like they stayed on for a week and I didn't give them any notice. And idk yffum, maybe.