Deputy Dog Games is looking for new applicants!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    @fooz Will and I have been working hard on cars, characters, level design, and what have you done? One menu screen. Plus, you know you're not being paid, this has been going on too long, rofl :D

2. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    I can understand not wanting someone to steal your work, however, in my experience that is largely unwarranted.

First of all, how original is your idea? My guess is that it is based on some other game type. If it is truly original, nobody would be able to guess what the gameplay is about and it would be impossible to steal. Even looking at screenshots of Flickitty, nobody could guess how the character moved about.

Furthermore, nobody can steal nor use your work without your permission- strictly speaking in the artwork sense. Posting the work online isn't definitive proof of ownership nor prior artwork, but posting it in a public forum does provide a datestamp and reference. This all gets muddy legally, but believe me, it isn't anything to be paranoid about especially at your point.

Now as far as the artwork you posted: It's fine, even if it is just an idea. This is the kind of stuff I like to see. Now you have a reference to come back to when the game is finished, and you can see how far you've come. We have proof that 'something' has been produced in the last 3 weeks.

Now it isn't my job to keep this thread on topic HardcoreGamer. If you can't stay positive, keep your personal affairs out of this thread, and stay on topic then I will stop wasting my time here. I don't care how much others are taunting and poking you, YOU need to focus and you are responsible for yourself.

The fact that you keep posting inane crap just makes you look like an ass- it doesn't put a positive spin on you nor your company.

Now lets see some more ideas and work.

3. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Okay, and now I am asking EVERYONE to stay on topic.

At this point I have a pretty good list of people I would NOT work with. I pay, but I am demanding and a perfectionist. While I may lack professionalism myself, I expect the team I am paying to conduct themselves in a responsible manner.

Now, do what you want. I am not paying you. However, you have also ensured that I will never, ever be paying you. I don't have time to babysit my team- I expect work to get done without excuses. Now you can argue with me all you want, but I guarantee that you will not win when there is nothing to lose.

4. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Hey, he brought it up.

What do you mean by you're not paying?

5. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I never need to babysit my team. The only ones I ever needed to watch over we muffy and mr crazy, and they aren't on the team anymore, for good reason. I don't see why muffy lies to much; it is very unappealing. Anyway, I'm still working hard on much more than just that level, that's just all I posted. We have characters, cars, multiple levels, a name for the game, a start at the "Game Over" screen, and much more. I don't want to reveal much right now, more once we get moving into the coding phase (and yes, we have a coder).

6. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    What game is this one?

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    this is THE most entertaining thread EVER

8. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

@shiz wiz
    i kno rite!

9. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    OffTopic: I know, right? rofl rofl rofl :D :D :D It should be serious but it's really not. But really guys, let's keep half on topic. Santa's Smackdown needs artists, but so far we're okay. If anyone has questions regarding the game, I'm always happy to answer.

Edit: @Foozelz: Wow, great minds think alike.

10. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    When are you planning on submitting?

11. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Around January; sales might suffer a little because the game should be submitted before Christmas, but this isn't all about making money.

12. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    How much are you planning on pricing the game?

13. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
  14. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Can you tell us a tiny bit of how the game works? What you do? What kind of game?

15. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Santa's Smackdown is an all-new sidescroller exclusive to the iPhone/iPod Touch. You star as Santa, traveling thorugh highly diverse levels filled with unique elements and addictive gameplay. Pick up multiple powerups in-game to give yourslef a useful advantage against the evil elves, snowmen, and many other dangerous enemies! By defeating more and more enemies, you earn money that you can use to buy accessories, weapons, extra lives, special abilities, minigames and more in the store easily accessible though the menu screen! The game will be OpenFeint enabled, so you can always see how you stack up against your best friends, and your worst enemies! The game will have numerous updates to satisfy your craving for more content!

16. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    So do I have any potential buyers.........?

17. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

18. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Wow thx! I didnt think you'd use yur promo code but i was dead wrong! Rofl

19. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    I dunno about "impossibly complex". I started in 1980 when I was 16 and in a lot of ways it was much easier. Built in basic interpreters and no distracting emails or web browsers made it so much easier to focus...

20. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Its like zombieville