iPhone Desktop Dungeons (by QCF Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    any tips on how to get more gold per run? after the first five games with gold results of about 100-300 per run or so Im stuck at around 300gold now, adding just 20-30 per run onto it (minus preparations). or is this intended?

thanks for the update btw...codex seems to work now :)

2. dislekcia

dislekcia Member

May 3, 2011
    Game Designer
    South Africa
    I think that's one of my favorite things about the Dailies. That and the strange preparation combos that you can get... Sometimes I just go for a "Oh wow I have to try this" prep setup and end up having a really crazy run ;)

This was the patch that was pre-loaded before release. I mentioned it in a previous post - we didn't know about the auto-rotation issue when we pushed that. I've actually just fixed the auto-rotation issue about 5 minutes ago, itll be in the next patch. Working on other bugs now.

Are you playing Hobbler's Hold? That's a dungeon that doesn't give you gold - it does say so ;)

3. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    #203 guzhenjie1, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    I have to say the update make texts look really terrible. Many texts of description can't display completely. I can only see half content in texts, just the underneath part of rows.
    I can choose the 2x display to make text show completely and properly in the previous verion, but I don't have the option in this version now.

4. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I'm bit of newbie still does anyone know any tips for the game that they would like to share :)

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Actually looking through a thread can be useful as you will see info like I quoted below. :)

6. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Thanks I was go to look through :)

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Great! Thanks for the clarification. I played it on PC some, but I think I will spend much more time with it in this form.

8. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Absolutely loving this game.
    What do I need to do to unlock the daily quests?

9. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks.

PLEASE, can you stop the app from crashing when my Smart Cover is closed? Right now I can't play this game on the go at all... It consistently, always crashes when I close and open the cover. Using iPad mini2 with latest iOS.

10. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    My god, this game is hard, maybe too hard for me.
    I won two dungeons and then it stopped. I ve been trying to win a third game, been trying for hours now. Sometimes I am close but there is always something that keep me from winning.
    Puzzles are even harder, I won a few but most of them I have to look up on the internet.

I like hard games and puzzle games. I play Le Havre, Ghost Stories, Panzer Korps and I have finished a great part of Zero Age.
    But I seem to suck hard at this game. I keep following all the hints, maybe I get better and stop dying all the time. It is a fun game but it gets frustrating...

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    One tip: if you're playing offline but your connection to the online cloud saving system is in the "connected" status, every time you click on retry a maze when you die, the game hangs on the loading screen. The only workaround is to log off so that it doesn't try to upload the savegame to the servers constantly (making it enter the endless loop on the loading screen...)

12. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    #212 Aerion, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Balanced Dagger

Hi,

I finally managed to beat Thief Silver (the hardest mission sofar), and got the Balanced Dagger.

Should the Dagger spawn randomly in dungeon shops from now on?

I played a few dungeons afterwards, but never saw the dagger anywhere.

Any hints?

Thank you.

13. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    It will eventually yes, and then you can "locker" it so it can be taken in your adventuring kit.

I would LOVE to know how you beat the challenge, I've had ZERO success.

14. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Giving up on this for now. I have a iPad Mini 2 that I use for games and every time I close my case with built in Smart Cover the app crashes. It seems to work if I manually turn it off.

No clue what the issue is but as a father of two little ones it makes it a pain. Hope it's resolved soon as i dropped $11.99 or so here in Canada for a game I can't play without it crashing on me.

15. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Can't you just turn off automatic sleep in options for when you close Smart Cover?

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Or just don't close the Smart Cover for this one. If that's enough to push you over the edge on this one then fair enough, each to their own.

17. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #217 Luciano1084, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Update squishing major bugs just went live

18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Autorotation, yay!

19. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Does it save its current state when leaving memory now?

20. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #220 Drucifer, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    For the sake of one app that shouldn't have this bug to begin with as I've never encountered it with any of the numerous other apps I own, no I won't.

I'm simply pointing out the bug and its annoyance so that maybe it can be addressed by the devs should they creep or post here. I see there is a new update so I'll try again and see if I have any luck and will continue to do so hoping it gets corrected.

Edit Glad to say it appears to be resolved so I can go on enjoying the game.