iPhone Desktop Dungeons (by QCF Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #141 VirtualBoyFreak, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    I used it 2-3 weeks ago with an IAP not working right, and no problem whatsoever. Went to my purchase history, clicked on the purchase button (where it says support or something like that), and I was taken to a web page. I filled in the claim form, clicked on "send" and was asked if I wanted a refund. I said yes and in 2-3 days I got my credit back.

I think it's better to release this update and then get to work on the other update. Apple's approval system can take several days (even weeks) for it to be approved and appear in our devices. I've seen other devs get an update submitted to Apple, then work on another update, submit this new update before the first one was approved, and then get the first update approved and two days later the second update approved. Updates in Android are much faster than on iOS, so yeah, I think it's better to submit the update if you have it ready.

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Good to hear they'll fix the orientation soon.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Im not really a fan of Roguelikes. Is there any chance I will still like this or will I dislike it like every other roguelike I have tried.

4. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    #144 Nergal, May 30, 2015
    I would say the gameplay is somewhat a kin to ios classics like 868-HACK or Hoplite with differences. This game has a campaign with a greater sense of progression, unlocking new classes and races that change up gameplay.
    This game also has it so each level is separate to itself, so when you die you don't start the whole game over, just the level. There's a lot more to this game, I'm only a few hours in, but that's my take on main gameplay mechanics. If you hate all rougelikes I dunno if this game would win you over, but the genre is pretty diverse so I'm not sure exactly what type of games your referring to by using the term.

5. dislekcia

dislekcia Member

May 3, 2011
    Game Designer
    South Africa
    That's an indicator that you're going to attack first, not a phantom cursor ;)

6. dislekcia

dislekcia Member

May 3, 2011
    Game Designer
    South Africa
    Play the free version on http://www.DesktopDungeons.net/media and see if you like it :)

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
  8. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    #148 guzhenjie1, May 30, 2015
    Thanks for reply! Hope you can release the update soon.

PS: There is a small gitch, when I enter the dungeon from hometown, I found a slice of yellow color at the lower right concer of the loading screen. I thought it happened due to the loading screen can not cover all the screen. Then the bottom of status bar on the right side of home town showed on loading screen.

9. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Given up playing this now. I mostly play games whilst travelling and this game crashes whenever the Smart Cover is used on the iPad. You lose any dungeon progress. This renders it entirely unsuitable for mobile "on the go" play.

PLEASE fix this problem...

10. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have closed my Smart Cover numerous times while playing and not crashed the game or lost my progress. I have an Air 2 running the latest IOS release.

11. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    It would be nice that the information boxes wouldn't appear beneath our finger if we hold an item/skill to see what it is

12. @DE_Clements

@DE_Clements Active Member

Dec 7, 2013
    #152 @DE_Clements, May 30, 2015
    I applaud the developer for instituting cross-platform saves. However, and not specific to this developer, I would like to point out a related growing concern/gripe. It would be greatly appreciated for developers to communicate their intentions to move their PC only offering to the mobile platform on the front end. It is becoming more the norm to see a new PC game, get excited about it, and go to their website to inquire about it and verify it's only on PC. Then a few weeks to a month later, suddenly find out it's coming to mobile. Then you wonder, why didn't they just reveal their considerations to also put it on mobile. I know there are two sides to this discussion which are too lengthy to get into here. Yet, I only mention this in hopes that maybe we could be better informed and have that be the growing trend. Please?

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Damn you, Im not even done the tutorial yet, and I think I will be buying this :p

14. tooonyo

tooonyo Member

Aug 9, 2012
    the game freezes when I'm in the vampires missions. at one moment, you have to open the codex and each time the screen freezes. I can't play anymore. I'm on an ipad mini 1st gen

15. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Opening the codex and looking around in it makes the game crash aswell. Ipad mini 1 gen latest os

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Known bug, dev's aware and going to work on it (page 13 of the thread) ;)

17. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Strange. I have the iPad 2 mini with latest IOS. Crashes every single time for me.

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ok I have to say, I dont like roguelikes very much, but I do like puzzles, and after putting a couple hours into this game I am confident I backed a winner.

Add me to the list of people who reccomend this game :)

19. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    playing this for a while now, dumb question... do you always start as a level 1 person when you enter a dungeon?
    and second... guess it's a lot of grinding to get some money for doing upgraded?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap, you always start at lvl1 because one of the challenges is to achieve a lvl10 (or near) to beat the boss. I've been able to (barely) beat a boss with lvl7, not less.

If you beat the mines and the quests you get quite a lot of money, so it's not "grinding" per se, just play to try and beat mines, and you'll get the money :)