Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Zovers

Zovers Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Nevada
    i have some experience with being an admin,, i would be willing to help out

2. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Hey ya'll. Alex here! Just wanted to remind you that we are taking completely open donations at http://bit.ly/iDonate to help fund the game's development. If you do donate, you can get free advertisement services on our website for a few months & recognition in the credits of the game whenever it finally comes out.

ALSO, we've decided that we will leak a picture of one 3D element of the game that has already been built & designed (although still kind-of a draft) if we receive a donation that is $15 or more OR when we receive a total of at least $15 in donations from multiple users. So let's hope this is a little incentive to get some more funding help as we need it to carry on with development...even if you can't donate we need help contacting even more experienced and/or skilled devs & designers, so help for the future of Touch Town™! Thanks Guys.

3. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    I would of donated but i have nothing to advertise so there wouldn't be much point... lol

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I would donate if I had Paypal

5. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    This game sounds like a money making scheme. No pics yet at all of anything, and asking for money just for a leaked screenshot? Wow.

6. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Oooohhh..... I should advertise!

7. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    OK - donated $15! I don't have that email address anymore (it starts with kane.mitten) so please just PM me on here with details!

AND I WANT TO SEE THAT SCREENSHOT!!!

8. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    nice!

9. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Yep - I'm awesome! Nobody who's posted here can say I never did anything for 'em!

UH-OH - this looks like a LURKER ALERT!!!

If you would pick someone for an admin for your site, you would pick me. :p

10. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    ahahah ...quiet you ;) ahah

11. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    WHAT??? QUIET???? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???? I ONLY KNOW ABOUT LOUD AND LOUDER AND LOUDEST!!! :p ;)

12. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    ever watch will ferrel on SNL? A LITTLE BIT SOFTER NOW :D ahaha which site will you advertise ...hrm...:D

13. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    LOL, i heart SNL.....

Anyway, as for which site to advertise.... maybe I should go advertise the P.O.C.K.E.T.G.O.D.S even though I have no idea what it is.

Or maybe I should do my own. :p

14. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    ahaha or maybe The Life Blog, or maybe...the new minigore forums! Yes yes :D

15. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    The what?

16. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    the minigore forums, www.minigore.tk ill make you addmin/moddy :D

17. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    yeah - this is questionable honestly. and it isn't even a screen shot; just a 3D model they have (incomplete).. i had to stop one of my projects (yes, i had screenshots out) because i have a paying client which gets higher priority. but asking users for money? thats crazy - you ask users for money when they get something useful and playable.

18. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    When something uses .tk....... LOL. But I can send you $5 to make me admin. :p

TDA.... I believe in you!

19. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    hey, who else wants to go to minigore.pro-forums.us ? ahaha not me! .tk so much fastER :D ahaha and really...?

20. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Welcome to Touch Town™

First we'd like to say that we are not asking users for money, we are saying that if you would like to help contribute to the development of the game, you can donate. That's why it is called a donation not a requirement :p We also stated in an earlier post that we can't make promises with game release dates or anything like that yet and thus donating is completely your own decision and we can't guarantee any attached strings as game development for the iPhone is not what we are payed to do...that is, not yet. This is technically a side project and we have other priorities that must be completed in order to make a living, but your donations are really appreciated and will most likely help us go further and further with our app project. This is also technically our first time developing an app on this large of a scale so please bare with us, getting angry with us, or putting us down won't get anything done.

Special thanks to user KGameLover1! It means a lot to us that you care enough to donate. We will contact you through PM about your free advertising services on our website! But for now, here's the promised 3D model screenshot: (click for larger view)

Attached Files: