iPhone Eclipse 4X space strategy (by Big Daddy's Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Want to refund the game accidently bought the game :(

2. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Please contact Apple. Developer are not allowed to do any refunds.

Or

Enjoy the game :)

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Take it as a happy accident and play.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah, it is the most accessible 4X Space game I have played. Watch Tom Vessel' Eclipse video on Youtube before doing the ingame tutorial. It makes everything clearer.

I actually lost the tutorial game, but I had fun doing so. Going to read up more about plasma missiles and then going back to brutalize the Terran Republic! :)

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It's been a while. This is much needed:

[​IMG]

Make more space.

I'm not just being "haha" I am being serious. Delete this game from your iPad and there WILL be massive hell to pay. Do whatever you have to do, but this is not a deletable game. Like Carcassonne, it is THE board game app for iOS.

6. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I wonder how big Frozen Synapse will be? I could delete my recently reinstalled Ace Patrol, but that might be insufficient, unless Frozen Synapse weighs in at a friendly 1-200MB...

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Request: want a guided educational game with anyone who is willing to spend time. Cannot do Skype but hope to get other form of chat. Please post here or PM me for arrangements. Thank you.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Curry! Feel free to add me in a game and we can do an email game log or something. If any questions pop up we can chat about it at length.

9. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Merci beaucoup!

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    The app crashed when I tried to load :/ do you want to play as terrains only or mixed species?

11. andsoitgoes

I would be up for this too! I can do Skype or chat via iMessage. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but the strategy is leaving much to be desired!

12. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Have you figured out how to develop the much talked about plasma missiles? I tried to do that in my tutorial foray, but could not figure out which prerequisites it needed...

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    The prerequisite is that the tech is drawn at the beginning of the round. There is no other prerequisite.

---
    Andsoitgoes, feel free to add me!

14. andsoitgoes

Doing that now ;)

By the way, 148apps just did a review on Eclipse, man does it frustrate me. The reviewer who got it, clearly someone who has been on the staff for a few years now, seems to have put in zero effort other than following the tutorial to understanding the game. He drones on about being confused multiple times in the review, but whenever he's frustrated it would have been simply addressed by spending spending time reviewing the manual. The fact that anyone could expect to go into such a complex game without giving the manual a few once overs is baffling.

All it takes is one look over the physical setup to realize that this version is a fraction of the complexity. A lot of my confusion was due to me not reading the manual. Once I did, so much more made sense and playing another few games has made the majority of the other things clear as day.

And let's make it clear, I'm stupid. It took me far too long to understand Carcassonne, Stone Age and I am STILL not through the Le Harve tutorial. But this game is different, and the fact that it's treated as some unwieldy beast is just baffling, especially when the same reviewer gave Las Vegas, which is an okay game, almost 5 stars just makes me think that the wrong reviewer got the game.

It's like the one twit that gave Toy Story 3 a thumbs down. There aren't nearly enough reviewers to balance out a 3.5, especially when Appshopper shows only 2 sites and especially when everyone else who actually sees the game has given it a perfect score. I know it's not the end of the world, but I truly love this game and feel it's been mishandled there. Ugh.

15. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    Do you have a URL to the viseo on Youtube. I googled and searced youtube but couldn't find it.

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Tom Vasel's review of Eclipse for the Dice Tower:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uS157k0m-YU

17. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    #357 TheOctagonTheory, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  18. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
  19. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008

20. fil512

fil512 New Member

May 17, 2013
    One question. For async games, how do I play back moves that happened while I was logged off?