iPhone Eclipse 4X space strategy (by Big Daddy's Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Superb idea, although I'm not sure anyone would want to do that.
    Perhaps its worth asking about. Thank you.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: I am a newbie too but some Ascension fellows (you should grab this too!) asks if I can dig the game and work out some sort of guide, and you don't mind waiting, I would post one here.

Bragging: Just win the second time, by 1 point, against peaceful AI. (It is peaceful as long as you do not invade its sector, it would not hesitate to come and take it back.)

3. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I would be happy to wait, thanks!

Btw, you sound a lot like HK-47. :D

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Unfortunately the Tabletop team lost that Forbidden Island game. I was really looking forward to seeing how to win, as I have yet to do so.

Also, did something change in this second season? Suddenly, for two episodes in a row, we get all male guest players... I found that the more enjoyable episodes had a mix of the sexes, and their interaction made these playthrus more entertaining to watch.

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Try it! Post on BGG too. I'd help but I don't have the best strategies. Certainly not enough to really help out, but I had people help me when I started :)

Yeah it would have been great to see that. Same thing happened when they played Pandemic. I understand that it's more fun to watch when the game is extra difficult and they get their butts handed to them ;)

As for the show, it alternates sometimes. Resistance and Formula D were almost all ladies. I can't say I was really into Formula D or King of Toyko. Resistance was excellent though, I have the biggest crush on Allison. Swoon.

I tweeted Wil about getting eclipse on, he loves the game but told me it just takes too much time to set up and play, sadly.

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
  7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

8. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    I bought this about a week ago but dislike it but my brother wants it, is there anyway legally to transfer my game to his ipad and delete it from mine?

Not pirating as there still will only be 1 copy and it was paid for.

if theres no way of legally doing this, is there any sign of the company having a sale? My brother is cheap and won't pay more than £2 for any ios game.

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    They're having a sale right now but it's still 5 bucks.

Legally there is no way to transfer licenses, even Bruce Willis had to sue Apple in order to will his collection to his daughters
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/03/tech/web/bruce-willis-itunes

10. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    While it was an amusing thought, the idea that Bruce Willis was going to take on Apple was actually an entirely fabricated and quickly debunked myth with no basis in reality.

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    That doesn't affect the joke.

If John McClane can't do it, no one can!

12. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Would some kind soul please explain the turns system to me?

I'm finding it very very confusing indeed.

Example: Playing the tutorial I first explore a sector, then go to the next turn, then colonise a planet and go to the next turn, then do something else and go to the next turn and do something else and go to the next turn. ...and then it says 'Turn 2'.

Uh... I can't get my mind around this because it seems I've done 4 turns, not 1??

13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #453 MrMojoRisin, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    A "Round" (I think that's what it's called) is made up of each player taking turns, one at a time, until all players pass. The more turns you take before you pass, the more money you have to pay at the end of the Round. So you pass when you can no longer afford to take any actions. Then when everyone passes, it goes to the next Round.

At least that's my understanding of it after only playing the tutorial myself. Someone let me know if I'm wrong, lol.

14. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Exactly. There are only 9 rounds in Eclipse, but each round goes on until all player pass. Each time you get to do an action may not be a new round at all.

15. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Thank you, I actually understood that :)

Maybe you should have written the manual for this ;)

16. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Glad I could help. I'd love to write board game rules for a living. :)

17. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Any word on an update from Big Daddy yet? I'd love to be able to play some actual competitive games with my friends with this app, but that's impossible until they fix the major flaws. Namely that population isn't removed from planets when you remove influence from them, and you can't tell what your opponent did on their turn while playing async. There are many other issues, but those are the worst.

18. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Does the population issue happen in single player as well?

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #459 currymutton, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    Statement: no luck in logging into the server these days. I just get thrown out right back to springboard when I try to get into the game.

Update: it seems to be fine now...

20. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Yes. That's why the AI expands like crazy then pulls influence discs back off at the end of the round. That's the most effective strategy to jumpstart production at the beginning of the game.