iPhone Fastar! (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Tried this out this morning. Too sweet! I love the simplicity, the customization, everything is just too spot on! Awesome job John!

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I think FIAR will also set more than one enemy on FIAR if they are onscreen when you do the spell. I smell a spell FAQ in the writing!

3. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    love all the game modes.. maybe multiplayer against another guy????

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yeah, a little one on one combat would be interesting, I'd get my butt kicked by Matt but I probably have it coming. :p

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Just got the game off DA contest. Odd game. I didn't expect to like it, but I keep coming back for more.

6. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Anyone else not able to submit global scores? When I hit submit it goes to global but my score is never added...

7. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    #247 xVietx, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    Same here. Happens to some of them and not to others. Odd. :confused:

Anyways, not sure if this has been mentioned before but is there a way to add a Defend and/or Jump button? I've seen my fair share of blocks tumbling towards me with no way to avoid or cancel it out. Maybe a perfectly timed hit or a backwards lunge but I haven't been successful. :(

Like everyone else said, some customization in the clothing choice as well which we can unlock using in-game achievements or the in-game money that's dropped when you kill the blocks.

Maybe expand the High-Score name to 4-6 letters also?

EDIT: 999 Posts. One more till a thousand. :D

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Holy crap, the variety of game modes is absurd! A very fun little game, although man am I crap at it.

9. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    It's a known issue, I've got a fix in the works, but it still needs to go through the app store. :p

I'll post here when I've submitted the fix.

Also, even if your scores don't look like they're there in the global list, they're actually in the server, so you can rest assured that it's still recording the score. :)

10. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    how can i access the music? is there an mp3 file?

11. Feve10

Feve10 Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Love the game currently on the leaderboard in 2 games. Intials RBL my guy is all black and maybe try co-op andmore spells?

12. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Great game. I just don't like the controls, or maybe I do. I just got to get used to them then but you should still make an option for it.

13. -Saturos-

-Saturos- Member

May 9, 2010
    #253 -Saturos-, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    Does lunge attack really deal 2x dmg? If i hit it seems to be just a normal dmg from the number i see..
    EDIT: I even tested it in no random mode you need the same number of lunge attacks to kill an enemy as if you just attack normaly.. a bit useless than

14. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Joking, right? In case you're not: there's a ton of options available.

15. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Controls are great. I'm using the gamepad one and it's fantastic. Only thing I have a complaint about is how the left lunge gets in the way of the move arrows.

16. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Yes front lunges do 2x damage and backward lunges do 1/2x damage. I've tied it a lot so ya

17. Nibelung Valesti

Nibelung Valesti Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Awesome little gem here. There's just something about this game that catches you and doesn't let go once you start playing. Simple, fun and fast paced pick up and play game.

I really think the core gameplay is fantastic, and doesn't need to be touched at all. The only thing I can think of adding in the future that I would really like would be weapon skills. You could make them work exactly like Magic (different damage/abilities, limited usage, 1 per mode, etc) and just put the button next to or below the magic button.

In the future, I hope lots of customization updates come out. Different hair, clothes, and WEAPONS! Lots of weapons! Make them all work the same mechanically (damage, speed, etc) but give us different weapon skins to choose from. Swords, Axes, Maces, Flails, Spears, Staffs...So many things would add a lot to this game in my opinion. Depending on how much trouble it is, you could possibly add different animations for each weapon group as well? As I said, keep the mechanics the same and just change the aesthetics (of course you could change the mechanics and take the game in a more RPG direction).

I really like this game, and I want to see much, much more of it in the future.

18. MikeV

MikeV Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    sub-contracting
    VT
    Love it, but there needs to be unlockables. Add unlockables and this game will be a must have!

19. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I second this proposal. If you were able to keep all the coins you earn over your 'lifetime' games and use it to unlock asthetic changes, or even game altering changes, that would be fantastic. It would really motivate you to keep completing run throughs in hope of new high scores, while still knowing you're working at something bigger even if you don't fail.

Kinda like Hook Champ

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wow it's already the top 28th paid app, congrats Cat in a Box!