iPhone Fastar! (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Game Impressions

The pricing is correct of 59p. The controls are intuitive.but the game is dull. I knew I'd be fighting squares but I didn't quite expect it to be as dull as it was. Maybe the squares ought to have witty remarks and Some facial expression - just to give some menance or genuine character to the game.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    You, sir, must die.

3. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    LOL

Thankyou for taking the words right out of my mouth.

4. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Picked this game up a couple of days ago. Seemed extremely simple, but it's so much fun!!! Devs, you are simply amazing. Controls well, great art style, love the boxes, and music is great too.

My only problem is that if I switch the control method to the control pad, it becomes very hard to read the rpg text on the bottom left. Some of it it hilarious too! "You've encountered nothing", "You encounter nice scenery" or something to that effect. And especially the words you use to call the size of the INSANELY big boxes. Cracked me up the first time I read it. Any chance of pushing it towards the middle or maybe locking it to the right side if we use this control method?

But for $.99, or even more than that, I dig it. I recommend the game.

5. Feve10

Feve10 Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    #265 Feve10, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    Indeed..
    EDIT: also can someone knock FOX out of the colors game modes!?

6. clarsonx

clarsonx Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Yeah, they need to nerf Beef so it can't be exploited.

7. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Just chiming in to say I love this game. I wish it had more customization and some unlockable content, as much fun as it is playing through for speedruns, it'd be great if you unlocked different content depending on how fast you completed the different stages.

Amazing time = amazing new sword (cosmetic change only), decent time = sparkly pants, etc etc. It'd be nice to have another incentive for people who aren't too bothered about getting the #1 global score on levels.

8. jonusx

jonusx Active Member

May 12, 2009
    This game worth it?

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yes.

10. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Yes.

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009

High Five.

12. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Yes.

13. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    High five indeed. At first I thought my post was deleted.

14. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    If this game is gonna stay in the top 25 for longer than a week it needs an update fast just my ยข2

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Did you just ask is something worth a dollar, worth it?? You've spent plenty on an iPod/iPhone and you want to know is a dollar worth it??

16. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    You're talking to a bunch of hypnotized walking boxes. Just when I thought iDevice gaming standards couldn't sink lower, it just did. Boxes done in MS Paint can now get gamers addicted to it and unanimously flame anyone who says otherwise. To answer the question of whether or not it's worth it, no. Go ahead and flame, but that would be taking the time that you could be devoting to fighting boxes. :rolleyes:

17. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I prefer to look at it from a different perspective.

If so many people can be entertained by a game that is simply 'hitting coloured blocks' surely that speaks volumes about the game itself and the developers?

I mean, tetris is STILL a good game, and that can easily be expained as 'falling blocks'

In a game market saturated with big names, movie tie ins, unwanted sequels and game developers out of touch with the average gamer, it's extremely refreshing to see such a novel, well built concept created out of what probably started as an in joke.

18. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    An entire game could be made from MS Paint and still be amazing. It's about the gameplay, not the graphics. People like Enviro-Bear, and look at it. Obviously you're the minority who only wants stunning graphics. NOVA might look good, but the gameplay is horrible.

Also, iDevice gaming standards sinking lower? That is a huge insult. There are far, far worse "games". Take a look at the "Ville Dev".

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I imagine you sitting in a velvet armchair, fireplace lighting the room, monocle on your eye, pipe in your mouth, and stick up your ass.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not MS Paint. Paint doesn't do anti-aliasing or gradients and those graphics look distinctly vector.