iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok so I got to the end sector on easy, fought the boss and died, then I find out you have to beat the guy 3 times? how is this possible? my ship is so dead after fighting him and his minions and there is no full repair avaible..

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Me too I got the hang of the game now I can move from sector easily.. But got pawned by the flagship lol.. Give us some tips.. I am using that torrus ship

3. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    How does this play on the non-retina mini?
    If it crashes a lot I might skip it for now.
    I had fun with XCom but the crashes made me stop playing it. I also bought Deus Ex, but that game crashed on boot and I never touched it again.
    I don't want to spend $10 if it's going to crash on my mini.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Not sure but I think it's worth investing on retina mini or air.. Not that expensive if u stay in US

5. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Nonretina mini here. Runs great. Not one crash.

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I have been reading and looking at this game, I don't mean to offend people, but what is so great about this game? I do like strategy games, and don't mind paying the price, but not sure what is so great about it. Could someone sum up the game? Sorry, never played the PC version.

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#287 Bronxsta, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Here's a good review
    http://kotaku.com/5944452/you-wont-survive-ftls-space-mission-but-youll-still-have-stories-to-show-for-it/all
    The gameplay is strategic and tactical. No bad guesses, only poor choices. It's recklessly taking on enemies that are out of your league. It's dealing with a loss of shields as your oxygen drops. It's dealing with boarders, it's choosing the best weapons and tools, it's the tough choice of opening the air locks and sacrificing one of your crew to put out a spreading fire or losing everyone. The game is a great moment generator, as you survive a harrowing battle by the skin of your teeth or one bad decision snowballs into a spectacular failure

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Bronxta, seems like you live and die by your choices. Hmm, sounds pretty exciting! Not knowing what will come next, if your choice impacts you immediately or in the future, lol. Seems like my kind of game, unpredictable and yet based on the right decisions. Thanks! Will buy now!

9. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    This is so utterly ridiculous. Well worth the price, absolutely *packed* with content and replayability.

You might *want*it to be cheaper but that's because you're cheap, not because the game is overpriced.

10. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Cool, thanks.

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I want to believe this guy is just trying to be funny/sarcastic or something, because I can't imagine that someone would actually believe that Infinty Blade is better than FTL

12. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    You would be surprised, slap nice GFX and ...

13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    You have to look at his attack patterns and prioritise in consequence. The last boss in the extension is nasty though.

14. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
  15. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    This is one of those games I really wish I have an iPad to play it on... :(
    Maybe in the near future... But for now, I hope everyone is having fun playing with it. :)

16. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Just get an iPad, you won't regret it.

17. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    This is Insanity! Much like Dark Souls :D

Attached Files:

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    I'm finding this very difficult even on easy. Rarely make it past the first sector exit. Fires seem to be my downfall. Seem to spread way too quick. Enjoying it though. #

19. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Fires?
    Just open the doors all the way to the airlocks.

20. NinjaKitteh

NinjaKitteh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Steam lets you resell games. They have for a bit now.