iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The o2 trick doesn't seem to work on certain races.. I think zoltan just waltz thru the doors like it didn't happen..

2. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Really?

Link?

Not that I don't believe you, but I don't see how it's possible!

3. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Do you have a Mac or PC? That's where I played it for months after release...

4. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    So...assuming one makes it to the final boss, how long typically does it take?

And, for a newbie, what would you expect the average play time to be?

The game sounds so epic - I was getting chills reading some of the posts in this thread! Just don't know if I will have the time.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    If you like space-themed games, 100% of your free play time :D

6. NinjaKitteh

NinjaKitteh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Yeah. If you go to the Steam Forums and jump on the official Trade thread you can trade and sell games to others on their. You'll need to make a forum account because it's separate from your actual steam account. I've traded older games to people on there and had them send money to my paypal account. It would be nice if Valve just made an actual marketplace for used games, but the Trade section serves the purpose well.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Why not watch Youtube videos of FTL? That gave me a good inkling of what it would be like.

If you are concerned about the length of each game, try Strange Adventures in Infinite Space or Weird Worlds: Adventures in Infinite Space. Both games are both easier and simpler than FTL and each game session can be completed quickly.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    It would be great if Apple introduces a similar mechanism for us to resell our games. I have quite a few that I know I will never play again because they just did not click with me...

9. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #309 Outrager, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    They do not let you sell games that are already attached to your account. What you seem to be taking about is either games that are giftable in your inventory or just a swap (inventory item, unused keys, or disc) with people on a forum.

10. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    That's not what people are talking about here, though. Steam doesn't allow you to re-sell digital games you've unlocked on your account; that forum is only for trading cards, Steam-specific coupons, and unused Steam "gift" games, not games you've already bought and played through Steam itself, which was Neo's original point.

You're also not actually allowed to sell items for real money, either, as per the trading rules.

11. Outrager

Sep 14, 2012
    If you want a site that actual let's you resell your digital games the best option is probably greenmangaming.com
    You can "trade in" your games for credit towards the purchase of another game. There are exceptions and steam games are one of them because once it is attached to your steam account it is permanent and they can't remove it.

12. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    That's why you create a new account for each game you buy. Then you can sell the account.

Anyway, back on topic. Yay FTL!

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    You guys haven't lived until you mirror FTL to the big screen with Apple TV.... So awesome!!

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I find advanced edition easier than vanilla game.
    Flak gun and mind control are both overpowered.

15. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    Still had a good chunk of AppStore credit from Christmas, so I decided to take the plunge on this game since I've kept a curious eye on it since it's PC release. It's hard as hell, but I've been really enjoying it. May not look as "pretty" as star command, but plays much better, and it can see exactly now what star command was missing.

I will say though, this game does make me pine for an iOS version of Space Station 13. If you've never played that, imagine an anything goes multiplayer version of FTL on a space station, where everyone assumes specific roles, including usually a traitor. Stories galore.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know about that, but I know that I got to the last stand in AE and was terribly killed by the boss with its new powers. I've decided to play the traditional game until I get to finish the boss ship. I just won it the first time, but the second round I got knocked off :p One thing that's clear is that teleport, along with shield upgrading, is a must. Also, don't rush through the sectors. You need to visit as much as possible to get the most scrap out of them :D After 10h playing on the iPad, I can say the game is AMAZING! (of course, if you like the style of the game...)

17. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    What is the save system like in this game? Can you save and quit in the middle of a fight or just between battles?

18. Outrager

Sep 14, 2012
    But you can already do that with a PC or Mac and don't need to stare at the iPad to control.

19. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    My thoughts exactly. You can with a PC you can see the mouse.

20. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Yeah, plus it's better on the IPad anyway. And the whole point of playing on the IPad is the awesome touch controls.