iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Is there a simple way to auto target all weapons at one target? I have 4 lasers on the starting ship type B, and I'm going to get. Carpal tunnel by tapping each laser for every fight I get into...

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Confirmed by the devs, it's a bug. Here's their reply to my mail:

Got it. Yeah, we broke that quest apparently. If you were to do it again, there's a 50/50 chance you get the other result (a different reward) that also does the ship unlock. We added that new reward of the Envoy, but forgot to include the ship unlock tag. Thanks for letting us know.

3. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Security, faster repair, firefighter, and backup weapons guy if the first one kicks it. You're generally better off making sure all stations are crewed before you start stacking extra bodies.

Even then, you might want to space out extra crew so they can intercept an intruder before they get to a crucial system or to prevent too many crew getting injured by one weapon impact.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This game is brutal even at easy level... Do u need to make it so hard lol.

5. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I will agree with Bronxsta about star command. Star Command is very linear, short, simple, and easy. I suggest not waste your money when FTL is superior is everyway.

6. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    For me, this is hard, but you have hope until the last 10 seconds before you die. Out there was just frustratingly hard.

7. backslashio

backslashio Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Perth, WA
    #167 backslashio, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    New annoying iTune prices means that before April 1st we would've paid $10.49, now we pay ~25% more. Its a rather unpleasant permanent April Fools joke

8. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    I would go straight to FTL and maybe come back to them later. Out There is different enough that playing it won't feel that similar. For example, out there has no combat and no crew management. It's more about exploration and shear luck of survival. Star command on the other hand, like others have said, is basically a lesser version. However, star command can be played on iPhone and FTL is ipad only. In that regard, star command did well. I don't think FTL could work on iPhone without sacrificing some gameplay mechanics.

Definitely loving this game though. I missed it on PC. Would have paid triple or more for this gem. May be my new favorite ios game.

9. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    My first play through didn't go so well...

Early in the game when i didn't know what I was doing, I had 2 crewman die in a fire accident because I didn't realize the door controls were destroyed. I then paid a slaver for additional crew to man shields/weapons, but I had no money for repairs or upgrades and basically hobbled my way through the remainder of my short game unable to efficiently man my rooms, power multiple weapons, or handle boarding parties.

This game is hard, but at least I'm in control. I made a bad mistake, paid dearly for it, and died. Next time, I know better. In the game Out there, you are kind of just against the random placement of events, resources, and ships. One game I died due to lack of oxygen and there was nothing I could do about it. Next game gave me a really great ship early on that could space travel twice the distance. I made it to the ending in like a half a dozen hops. Both events had no real learning experience or something I should have done, just had to deal with the cards I was dealt. This game, it gives you random events and stuff, but it's not so critical to your success or failure.

10. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm lovingggggg the iPad version more than my PC version even! It's amazing.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I need a damn iPad

12. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    If all that I know about spaceship was from watching Star Wars movies many years ago and if I have never played a space sim before, would I be able to get into this game?

Is there a good tutorial to get a complete space newbie into the game?

Seems like a nice game and a nice port. Like the strategy part but would have been preferred if the background is Tolkien fantasy :0

13. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    It's not a space sim, so I can't see how that'd be a problem. The PC tutorial was fine at explaining the controls and mechanics... but it's a rogue-like so play a few quick games, which you'll loose, and you're off.

Beyond that, it's a good game, theme doesn't matter.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So does one have anything like a reputation in this game? Like other than feeling like a twit, is there any point game-wise not to, say, steal supplies from poor colonists or, on average, show no mercy with your enemies?

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I dont believe so.

Does anyone know a good way to get ahold of developers so I can email them my suggestions? :p
    an email address would suffice.

16. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ftl+official+forums

:)

17. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Just pretend you're on a seafaring vessel. It's got monsters, slaves, betrayal, a merciless horde trying to run you down, and a desperate quest to save civilization. The mythology isn't that different, really.

Name your helmsman Aragorn and your tactical officer Legolas and set sail for Valinor!

18. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    If you need help with the last enemy PM me, it will spoilt it a bit though. There are a few tricks to make it more manageable.

19. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Can anyone help... I jumped into a sector and some enemies boarded my ship - I wasn't under attack from a ship though. They rampaged through the ship so I opened the doors on the ship for a while (I think I thought I was playing star command). Realised it wasn't working so I shut them. Managed to kill them all, but my O2 was running down still, even though the room itself was fine...how can I still run out of air?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for the offer. I'll try a few more times before I PM you ;)

Mmmmm... Yes you do! :D