Universal Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore [Coming soon]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tobi@Fishlabs, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers, guys. A cockpit view is not planned. On mobile, where you constantly have your thumbs on the screen to steer and shoot, we believe the classic 3rd person view to be more fun and feasible. As for beta invites, we already had a "Closed Development Beta" a couple of weeks ago, where both Deep Silver employees and User Area subscribers tested the game. We're planning to have at least one other test phase before the game launches this summer. But at this point we cannot tell you exactly when this is going to happen. Sorry.

2. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #82 senkoujin, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (mobile)

Dear Tobi@Fishlabs,

Thank you very much for all of the work you and Deep Silver FISHLABS have been doing over the years for this next exciting installment of the world renouned Galaxy of Fire series! It is great to hear that the game may possibly be ready for release on mobile (such as iOS) in Summer 2016! I have been keeping tabs on your blogs and I have noticed that there may be an online multiplayer co-op system involved, which sounds wonderful. It's great to see that Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore is seemingly becoming more and more like a AAA title, which I truly hope for.

I understand that the DLC (DownLoadable Content) of the past will be replaced with a more modern IAP (In-App Purchases) system; that is fine, as I am faithful in your plans on making it a balanced system. Now for my most pressing question:

Q: Should it be expected that once the final game is released, players will be able to play OFFLINE (core game) as well as ONLINE (core game extras, multiplayer co-op, IAPs, etc.)?

Thank you very much!

Most Sincerely,
    [Galaxy on Fire die-hard fan]

EDIT: Questioned answered; game confirmed to be ONLINE ONLY.

3. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Ok but please, introduce at least a first person view whitout cockpit, for more immersion...

4. Castigar

Castigar Member

May 26, 2016
    Oh boy, GoF3!

Can't wait! :rolleyes:

5. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
  6. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Our latest dev blogs...

Hey everybody... here's the links to our three latest dev blogs:

"Hard-shelled War Mongers and Clansmen: On the Vossk Empire’s Attempts to Rule the Neox Sector" [DEV BLOG #7]
    http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/gof3manticore-devblog7-thevossk

"Setting the Galaxy aflame in full 3D: How the Game World of GOF3 came alive" [DEV BLOG #8]
    http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/gof3manticore-devblog8-full3d

"Harvesting Resources: The Exploitation of the Neox Sector by Starfire Survey" [DEV BLOG #9]
    http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/gof3manticore-devblog9-miningcorp

7. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Will this one feature first person flying? Cause let's be honest that's way better than third person imo lol no but seriously first person pls

8. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Just saw this sorry for my previous post lol I understand the reasoning I'm just a little bummed now, lol

9. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers, zdkazz. There's really no need to be bummed. GOF3 will have a lot of other cool features to make up for the absence of a 1st person cockpit view. :)

BTW, if you or anybody else here would like to dive a little deeper into the game's lore, here's a new dev blog dealing with Mhaan-tiq, the very strange and extremely powerful resource that sparked the gold rush to the Neox Sector.

http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/gof3manticore-devblog10-mhaantiq

10. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Cool thx for the lore (something I love in every game hehe)

11. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    If this game ever comes out-I will buy you all a drink I promise.

12. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Lol
    I thought it should've been out by now

13. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    It should have been out 10 times by now.I do not know what is taking them so long but it is seriously starting to worry me.I really hope we don't hear this won't get finished after we have waited such a long time for it.I am really scared about DeepSilver because they aren't really doing that well and I don't know how it will effect their games.The recent Homefront the Revolution has poor sales and a lot of negative feedback.

14. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Yea deep silver, the mighty no 9 ... Lol

15. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    The biggest problem I have with this game is that it is not developed by the guys that made Galaxy on Fire 1 and 2.They have a new game studio called Rockfish games if I remember correctly and are making a very good space simulator game on PC.If they ever bring it to Android it will kill GOF3.

16. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Its soft launched now

But I don't know where. Pocket gamer has a post on it so I'm checking Canada then New Zealand then Australia

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Netherlands only for now ;)

18. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    There is a post on the main TA page with the soft launch link for Netherlands on it, so check it out if you want to give it a go.

Holding you to this mate!

19. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Congrats, Dutch friends. What does the pay model look like?