General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Maslan266 well, I wouldn’t expect sharing release dates by developers themselves. I agree they’re probably under some NDA and I don’t blame them. That’s why I’d like to see some sort of regular podcast or roadmap from Apple. The way that PSN or Xbox Game Pass (or Live Gold) is handled. It’s in Apple’s best interest to show they care about their existing customer base. I understand there’s still a bunch of promo stuff going on to attract newcomers, but keeping the existing ones should be prioritized. Just my two cents.

2. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, on the subject of buggy and unfinished games. That’s a little tricky. I shared my opinion on the matter just days after the service was launched. I’d suggest such games to be continuously removed from the lineup. I mean, it can’t grow forever. Right? And I’d rather see some titles removed than Apple making it twice as big and twice as expensive as a result. Because that could happen eventually. And I’m sure most of us prefer quality over quantity. This opinion wasn’t too popular with some others in the beginning but I feel like it makes more sense over time. The amount of games is the reason the new titles are introduced scarcely.

What’s tricky is to determine a key to choose such titles. A lot of games doesn’t have to necessarily appeal to masses to be successful and loved. And just because I don’t like turn based strategy games, it doesn’t mean they should be removed. Because they might be preferred by others. If there was a steady schedule, I can see some official poll running for the least favorite games. I don’t know, that’s why it’s tricky. All I know is no one at Apple could possibly expect that every single game they add will be a utter success. So there needs to be a plan to deal with those, doesn’t it?

All I want is for this service to succeed. And it pains me that Apple seems too passive - lethargic even - to do something about it. I’ve always been pro premium, so getting a bunch of premium stuff every week/month for a small price was a dream come true. But it requires some maintenance along the way. Not just to execute an idea and let it exist on its own. It won’t last forever to keep me/us interested without some effort.

3. Gamerchic81

Gamerchic81 New Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Well I might it once I know there’s a option to pay for a year or even every 3 months.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    There is an option to pay for a year.

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    New game Roundguard combines Peggle and rougelike. How awesome is that?

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    And it’s a blast. I love Peggle and have missed the old ones on iOS (yes, there’s a F2P version). So this is right up my alley and my favorite Arcade release in quite some time!

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    For all non-arachnophobic gamers out there, Spyder is a brand new addition to Apple Arcade lineup.;)

8. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    #408 Skall, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    This game looks very polished
    Edit : game is stunning but draining battery...
    ps:this avatar u have @_@

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    look who's talking.:D

10. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hi hi captain!

macplash likes this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    at ease, sergeant :D

[offtopic] just for the fun of it, two more avatars still available - PM me if you're interested :cool: [/offtopic]

Skall likes this.
  12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    please join the crew

13. Mike Kurrle

Mike Kurrle Active Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Sign me up! As you can see by my existing avatar that I'm committed to the cause

Skall likes this.
  14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Mike Kurrle welcome to the helmet club! (official club name still pending)

15. Mike Kurrle

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    I'm honored. Does this thing protect against COVID 19? Not that I'm worried, because I'm a fearless soldier, but I have a friend who is asking

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    it sure does if you wear it backwards :p but staying in your apartment the whole time sounds like a good idea, just in case.:rolleyes:

I got a strange feeling we're gonna get a warning soon by yapping off topic here. Or perhaps a ban, right off the bat.:eek:

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    macplash likes this.
  18. Mike Kurrle

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Ok back to business then. I love "Space" games like No Way Home. Apple arcade games with "balls" like Super Impossible Road are fun but stressful. My favorite Apple Arcade character is from Down in Bermuda because I like his "helmet."

What are your favorites?

macplash likes this.
  19. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Welcome to the crew! Never wear off your helmet as it may be dangerous nowadays!! I would you advise to try spyder which is a very good new AA release

20. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017