Universal Holiday Magic - a christmas themed slide-matching game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Spore Productions, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Spore Productions

Spore Productions Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Coming soon for iPhones and iPads:

HOLIDAY MAGIC

A simplified sliding match-5 puzzle game with beautiful flat design icons.

Similar to our Tricky Treats Halloween release, this game has you sliding icons vertically and horizontally, matching three, four and five of the same icon to replenish the decreasing Magic meter. Threes give a little magic, fours give more and fives give a lot, but five of a kind also generates a gift icon!

Match the gifts to open them and increase your score. Only gifts count, adding to the strategy of how you play; Do you make matches of 3 and 4 to keep from running out of magic? Or do you go for 5 and risk running out? How many gifts can you conjure up and collect?

Promo codes coming ASAP!

Attached Files:

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #2 vectorarchitekt, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Looks cool...will definitely play it.
    Will you be adding other themes after Christmas?
    I downloaded Tricky Treats.
    Would you consider making a non- holiday specific game like this?
    The minimalist look is really great.

3. Spore Productions

Spore Productions Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Thank you!

I debated long and hard about making a single "seasonal" app that then goes through the holiday seasons, but I decided I didn't have time if I wanted to meet the christmas season (and even now as you see, it's pretty late!)

This game uses a new framework to get better graphics performance than Tricky Treats has. So while the gameplay is similar, it will feel more responsive even on an old iPhone 4. Unfortunately I ran out of time to put in Game Center support and nice transitions.

Regarding non-holiday version, yes, now that I have the new framework, I have a concept planned that will use a similar mechanic, but much richer goals and progression. You could say these seasonal games have been iterative prototypes toward that fully-fleshed out game concept.

Ray

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Cool. Looking forward to what you do with this new framework.