Universal iOS 3D First-Person Shooter - Early Development Stages

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nxtboyIII, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thanks for your sarcasm...

2. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Elsa's been having a bad attitude lately ... Regardless that won't stop me! I always thought the AppStore was nearly barren of any fun CS:Source type games ! So maybe something in the vain of counter strike

3. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Ah, nothing better than a sarcastic reply in return.

I just find it funny that the developer throws himself into a project which he has no plans for. Could be a good thing though; not designing the gameplay around your ideas, but basing ideas off of the gameplay instead. We'll see, I definitely wish nxtboyIII the best.
    I'm excited to see what he comes up with. As you said, there's a shortage of good FPS games on the AppStore.

4. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Yeah that's kind of my problem, but it usually turns out good :)

5. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Ok so how should I make it like counter strike?

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Well what is counter strike...it is a MULTIPLAYER fps with MANY DIFFERENT maps where you fight other players with MANY weapons.

Basically,add multiplayer,add different maps,add more weapons but I'm not sure if this premium model is going to work with such game.

7. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Man, I don't think the game will be multiplayer or have a lot of guns/maps, as that costs a lot (I mean a lot) of money, so do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

8. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Survival game is your only option then.

9. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    No it's not.

10. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    yeah what you said lol

Or I could maybe make it so there are different maps with guards and you have to kill the guards and then do some kind of objective once you killed the guards? Maybe a stealth game? Not sure.

11. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    When is the next version going to be releases on testflight

12. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    I honestly don't know,honestly.The fps genres on ios that actually bring a lot of income are pretty much gone from your list...I don't know.

Maybe try making it like CoD assault team?No multiplayer but plenty of maps,weapons and objectives/missions and stuff like that.

13. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Yeah I could do that, but probably not a ton of weapons (each one costs quite a bit of money). I was thinking maybe like a stealth shooter like I said earlier, do you think anybody would like that?

I am not sure, maybe once I get some more stuff done with it.

14. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    I would like a stealth shooter

15. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Ok well I guess I will just keep working on this and see where it goes :S

16. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #76 jgeirge, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Alright to answer your question on how to make it counter-strike: Bot based Combat, if you can program AI efficiently enough.

A variety of maps, there are so many shortcuts you can take to make the workload that much less in you, for example, taking an already made map, slightly modifying the layout, add in new textures/ theme and you're all set with a brand new map! And that's another point of CS, the maps must have variety to some extent. From snowy villages to desert towns to offices spaces.

Regarding the weapon variety, I would think a similar approach would be equally effective, in that the largest amount of work there would come from the models, not the actual behavior of the weapons. Of course the Same could be said about the actual character models; throw one in with a red bandana and jeans and have another with no bandana and a jacket, it's simple as that! Of course easier said then done.

My point being that the illusion of variety isn't as hard to achieve as one would think. Well there is my two cents, if you need inspiration, go onto steam and find some greenlight FPS games.

Edit: Also you could take it the zombie way, very easy to program mobs as a zombie.

17. Dz_ChAoX

Dz_ChAoX New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Hi...Man this game looks good I like it..Would be cool with grenades and if u could aim sight ;)

18. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thank you for the advice! That's actually a pretty good 2 cents. :)

I actually just added that yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/Opamnr8.gifv

19. Liquid Sunshine Labs

Liquid Sunshine Labs Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2013
    That last video looks pretty awesome. Maybe you could make the red dot smaller and less blurry.

20. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I would like something like this as well. However, if you do a counterstrike against bots type game, that could be super fun, too!