Jailbreaking to Its Fullest [NO FLAMING!]

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by SunriseMoon, Feb 24, 2010.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Why does everyone always associate destruction of the human race with the destruction of the planet? I think that the planet will be just fine with or without us. There could be nuclear holocaust - there may be no life (of any kind) as we know it, but the planet will likely still be here doing its thing...

Sorry to continue this subject - always just found it fascinating that people make that equation...

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #42 Vovin, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010

Yes, it is a point somehow, but it is kind of stupid argumentation.

See it like that:
    knifes are tools. Knives are also weapons.
    But knives don't kill people. People kill people using knives.

It's kind of a drastic example but things aren't neccessarily evil.
    It's the evil mind of people who abuse tools and change them into weapons.

Jailbreaking doesn't hurt developers. People pirating do.
    Sure, without the ability to jailbreak there would be no piracy on the iDevices, maybe.
    But do you want to abolish all knives on the world?

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You're right. It must have been the zebras that did it. Damn zebras stealing our fossils! Hunting endangered species for sport! Curse them and their concrete metropolis, who do they think they are engaging in the mass destruction of the rainforest? And don't even get me started on what they've done to the atmosphere, the dirty, stripey bastards.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Hmmm... say... is a zebra originally white and has black stripes - or is it black and has white stripes?

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure if that warrants a serious answer or not :p

Alright serious answer: most likely black with white stripes because the black is a result of pigment activation and the white is inhibition... meaning the white stripes are basically the failure of the skin pigment activating the way it's "supposed" to. Plus there are examples of the stripes not forming correctly which reveals the colour as mostly black:

[​IMG]

:)

6. bstar

bstar New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    The assumption that those who jailbreak are pirates is ridiculous. Those of us that are curious about the underlying architecture of the iphone/touch are going to jailbreak. I've used linux for the past 7 years and would love to have root access on my touch. I code in python, ruby, javascript and obj-c; I would love to tinker with some code before dishing out $100/year as a certified developer. I'm also doing POCs with various 3d/2d engines to see if the hardware is capable of doing what I want. I don't want to dish out $$$ until I'm sure that I'll publish my game.

Those of us from a unix background are natural hackers, we love tinkering with our hardware. The fact that some people have a need to pirate a $.99 is kind of sad, but piracy is never going to go away. Please don't mistake them for the people that are actually going to drive innovation on this platform. Anyway, I have a feeling that the majority of the pirates are children that can't get their parents to fork over the CC. These kids wouldn't buy games without their parents anyway.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #47 Vovin, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010

Well, people with non-jailbroken devices aren't pirates.
    Leads me to the assumption that only jailbreaker are pirates.
    You can close your eyes as tight as you want, but nonetheless you have to face the fact:
    jailbreaking is the iDevices source of piracy.

Conclusion? Those, who jailbreak, are pirates.
    Not everyone, for sure. But a lot of people are.
    This fact is not ridiculous, it is the truth.

People designing jailbreak applications should care to protect the iDevices and try to make piracy not possible, to prevent people stealing software.
    Instead, those jailbreakers also design apps which actually HIDE pirated apps from the AppStore.

8. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Actually yes, it is ridiculous. Your argument is stupid:

People without knives aren't murderers. Only people with knives are murderers. (Have you downloaded any mp3s or tv shows or movies lately?)

Conclusion? Those with knives are murderers.

You have obviously never taken a course in logic. "Some A are B" does not necessarily entail that "all B are A". Nor does it mean that "for all intents and purposes, all A are B".

You don't even have any statistics of any kind to support your claim. I wish I had that kind of faith in my own unfounded opinions.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #49 Vovin, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010

Have you even read my post? Nope, 'cause you're talking stupid stuff.
    You even haven't read the whole thread - and you haven't understood in any way.
    Next time read more carefully.
    And btw., I brought the knife example way before you. But in its correct form.

Did you read this sentence?:

I never saw a pirate with an iDevice not jailbroken. I never said that every jailbreaker is a pirate.
    But do you really deny that the following fact is wrong: "jailbreaking is the iDevices source of piracy."?

Why do I need statistics anyway? Basic facts do not need statistics. And I trust no statistic that I haven't faked myself.

You should fix up your logic.

10. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I had so much fun reading all the comments.

11. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    And the title even says "no flaming"...

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    stfu ur teh one flaeming al jalibraekers r priates soo stfu duche bag

13. SunriseMoon

Sep 22, 2009
    :( oo

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    your "opinion" is complete wrong though....jailbreaking your idevice is not pirating. It just allows you to alter the GUI and install things that apple does not approve of, im pretty sure i purchased my iPod and iPhone from apple and i own them. Let me put this in a different way. If you purchased a bag of dog food from the pet store and wanted to add arthritis medicine to the mix (just for the sake of this argument, your dog wont eat the medicine normally so you have to put it in food) but the company who makes the dog food says you cant, according to what your stating, you shouldnt be allowed to alter the dog food. Apple in this example is the company who produces the dog food and you are "jailbreaking" the dog food by altering it the way you wish. You purchased the dog food, therefore you are the SOLE owner of the food...its your to do whatever you wish with it....you bought the idevice and you are the SOLE owner of the idevice therefore you should be able to do whatever the f**k you want with it.

Hopefully someone gets what im saying here and can clarify it...im tired and jet lagged and i no this doesnt make too much sense...so someone help...hehe

15. SunriseMoon

Sep 22, 2009
    Don't mind Porkie/Gurgie/TBOH, he's just full of sarcasm. Awesome, but sarcastic :p

16. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    noo stfu priate dogs dont desrve midicin cuz tehy r priates lyuk u

17. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Your about as funny as cancer...

18. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    How can you find cancer funny?

19. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Shame on you

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #60 Vovin, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010

One bit me in my toe once and that wasn't really funny. Egyptian beach is a dangerous place.