Looking for a developer to build this app...

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by BrettArchibald, Sep 4, 2009.

1. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    A client of mine is looking to transfer their existing product into a native iPhone application to be sold through the iTunes App-Store, and has approached me about putting together this app.
    The client will be supplying all the material to be included in the app, and as an interactive designer myself, I would be doing all the front end-design, UI-layout and graphics. What I would need though is a skilled coder to turn the designs into a native iPhone app.
    The app will mostly use standard iPhone UI widgets, but some customisation of the look of these would be needed to make the app look good.

There will actually be 33 of these apps, but they will all be essentially the same, and all based on just ONE template set. There will be no difference in the build structure of them. The only thing different between each of them is the client-supplied content that gets dropped into the standard template.
    I have put together a diagram of the structure of the basic app template, showing the hierarchy of the screens, and you can see this template diagram as a PDF here:
    http://www.nothowitlooks.com/clients/audioapp/screens-layout.pdf
    It should be mostly self-explanatory, but please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Worth noting is that the client is potentially interested in having the ability to purchase just one app initially, and then download further additional complete "apps" into the main app via the standard "In-App Purchase" method in the iPhone OS 3.0. Where this would occur is clearly marked out in the PDF template.
    Although this is the preferred route, this is not essential though, if it makes the coding process that much more difficult.

However, I would appreciate separate quotes for developing/coding the 33 separate apps (1) without in-app purchasing, and (2) with in-app purchasing capabilities.

Although I have endeavoured to supply as much information as I can up-front, I'm sure any potential developers will still have some questions to ask, prior to being able to quote accurately on this. If so, then please PM me with your questions, and I look forward to hearing back from you...