iPhone Loot & Legends (by DropForge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Well old gamer, convince more young gamers to think like you and maybe more devs will try premium again.

2. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    As in... convince all the "young gamers", aka "players who want to play for free" to pay actual money? LOL. How would I do this... should I create an in-game ad?

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Suggestion: name equipment/town/whatever based on brands in Real Word(tm)? Or simply put the ad onto the card face/back? If the name "Loot & Legend" is not youngish enough...

Amplification: I some how disappointed by the need of a constant connection, less about the IAP. RR3 do not require an active connection so I can play more than once daily, but WoT and Magic Duel, which both require one, are played far less frequently.

Recommendation: if I could choose, I would prefer the original title Card Hunter cause the title now is rather, put it this way, not matching my maturity...

Question: can I rename my PC once it has been recruited?

4. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    just tried this game, it seems like this is card hunter on steam, should I just stick with that version as I have a Ipad 2 and is the pc version better?

5. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    #125 icepulse, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    You don't need to convince 'em, because any kid that won't drop $5--$10 on a full version of this (w/ a lite demo to get the taste), sure as HELL won't drop $5-$50 an any moronic Pizza Club Currency. Wake up.

Folks who actually spend money, and who like this manner of game, revile the in-app currency model worse than anything, and are turned off... But WILL gladly plunk down a good amount, from the outset, on a full experience.

It's just a greed factor, hoping that there are a handful of rich fools that might actually hand them $99 for a hangar-ful of Pizza.

6. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Just curious here but to all those who complain about IAP and stuff. Have any of you actually run into a paywall yet ? Do the IAP make it so that you can't play the game ?

7. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Free to play has evolved a bit. Some games do it right. Some don't. I'm going to give this a try. All I have to lose is my precious time. My free time really is in short supply these days.

8. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I fear that this game has no interest because it's free to play, it requires internet connection all the time and maybe because they have changed their well-known name.
    :confused:

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I didn't even know of the name before,I've had the soft launched version for some time and this was always the name.

I see no roadblocks if you don't use the iaps, the game is pretty fair and nothing overwhelms you. People like to run their mouth as soon as they see the words IAP without knowing what their talking about, a lot of those people would never pay for the game anyway if it was premium they would sit and wait for a sale

The arena allows you to earn pizzas and even the rare items in the game

10. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Another thing to make me hate this game.

First I receive non of my pizza purchases from pic version very disappointed with that ( why would I pay twice for the same game) (there really is not that big a difference between the two)

But even club timers reduce when sleeping, I was playing last night and got to the point where I was give 1 free hour so I though I'd save that for the morning but this morning it has expired.

I had originally rated this as 3 stars but if I purchase a week I want a week I game time not real time.

Anyway nice looking game ruined by a greed IAP system.

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Average gamer = hey can I pre order this game?

Mobile gamer= can't wait for it to come out Instabuy!!

Average gamer= games finally home can't wait to spend some time with it $65 was a steal!

Mobile gamer= What!!! $4.99 are they crazy? No way, I'll wait for a sale, don't they have a free version? I'll wait for impressions

Average gamer= great game can't wait for the additional DLC to come out

Mobile gamer= Free after a week? glad I didn't waste my money on the release day, there are too many ads I wish they just put a price instead of this F2P crap, $.99 to remove ads screw that .... wait no MiFi? delete

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yep. This game would've been THE BOMB if it weren't for the servers servers servers situation. If it was just standalone offline, and then with an option online play section, that would've been amazing...but sadly too often we get these sorts that..

***connecting***

***failed to connect***

***retry?***

***yes / no ***

Oh darn. Look at that. Can't finish what I was saying because it won't connect.

13. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
  14. darkoverlord6

darkoverlord6 Member

May 25, 2010
    Can't play

I'm not sure how you are even playing this, after playing the opening for thirty minutes yesterday when I tried to pick it up again later it kept saying "unknown error" and wouldn't start from then opening screen. I tried to delete and reinstall and since then it keeps telling me "can't connect to login servers" but my internet connection is fine and all my other online games work. Heck I would just like to be able to try the game period haven't been able to play it enough to know if I like it or not.

15. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I'm on an iPad Mini 2 and the game is running like a champ. I haven't had one server problem yet. Enjoying the game a lot. I have Card Dungeon it and I hate it. Boring game. This much more fun. 2hrs in and I haven't run into a paywall.

16. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    But this game isn't $5. It is $10 a week with the 5th week "free". No one pays nearly $40 a month for a game.

17. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Just had a quick peek and played 3-4 levels, do you really have to get into this club and pay regularly? Didn't seem to be this way...

18. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Interesting that The message area for this is frozen @ 91 posts, and seems to be keeping the app from appearing in the "hot new titles" list.

19. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    You don't have to have player's club but the best item drop after each match is locked behind the player's club and arena gives an 50% points. Usually games like this are optimized to play with premium, I.e. That is the best way to experience the game. I don't mind pay for a good game, I give hearthstone and gems of war money fairly constantly. But my money just feels wasted here. That is my big problem. Not that there is IAP, but rather my money does so little.

Also the IAP makes me feel rushed. I don't want to buy a day's players club unless I was going to play all day. Same with the 2 hour player's club from arena reward. But I don't really have the time or desire to spend that much time playing in such a small time frame. I was hoping to permanently unlock player's club just like Calculords. That way if I don't play for a few month, I can get right back in the fun. As it stands I feel like if I don't treat loot and legends as a part job then I will have wasted any money spent.

20. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

It's just unfortunate that it's a simplified from the PC version, and doesn't sync. Would have loved to continue my game on mobile.