iPhone Loot & Legends (by DropForge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Will I ever be able to play this on my 6+ ??

2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Pretty sad that the developer reached out to you to fix the problem in the post right before this reply and then you criticize their app. Guess some people like to criticize everything no matter what.

3. 64o

64o Member

Jul 7, 2014
    don't want a repeat of what happened with the One Finger Death Punch thread

4. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    #144 Jim Shorts, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Fair enough. Furthermore, I am disappointed by certain aspects of the iap model. This was my knee jerk response to whether I want to continue playing L & L based on how much time I'm willing to put into it for what it is worth. That said. I did get an email response from Andy at Dropforge refunding me 150 pizzas because he never heard back from me. I didn't lose out on 150 pizzas and that was very considerate on behalf of Dropforge. I went ahead and played the game some last night and all day today. I wanted to see how far I could go without paying, or a paywall (this happened before I received the email from Andy). I haven't had to pay anything yet. I figured, I've gotten a lot out of this game with the amount of time I've put into it for free. So I did drop money on IAP to support them and because I'm really having a great time playing this. Sorry for being inconsiderate.

5. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Might not be far enough yet but is the only purchasable item with coins a chest? There seem to be a lot of large price iaps for nothing but a timer that decreases when your not even playing! So if I buy a week I might get 7 hour from it at best (Im not some crazy person who live to play games)

6. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Wish this was card hunters i have already bought pizza and membership for that one

7. onsela

onsela New Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Am I the only one disturbed by the graphics quality? It's like the game doesn't use highres assets for retina. Desktop version is much more crisp.

8. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm not a fan of the iap, but I haven't really needed it so bad that it's hindered progress yet. I wouldn't purchase the week worth of iap. Maybe if you were to buy iap, get an epic chest. Seriously, as you progress in the campaign, some good stuff will drop. Spend alot of time in the arena, too. Maybe, don't purchase any iap for awhile.

9. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    Playing Card Hunter on a Flash browser with an iPhone 4 is better, in my opinion. Not only can I play it on a small screen without iPad restrictions, I can also continue my progress from my PC.

Wish they port Card Hunter instead...

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm straight up stunned by the general response from the forum. This is a fantastic game, regardless if it's f2p. Rodeos 40k has pretty similar IAP mechanic and its praised (rightfully so) but this is treated like dirt for giving you a ton of game for basically nothing... It's crazy. F2p should be viewed independently and not blanketed because it can be done well.

11. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I still really dislike time-based IAP. It always makes me feel a ton of pressure and that I am losing money if I do not play the game obsessively.

Do you think it would be possible to estimate how many games an average player can play in 1 or 2 hours, and a week, and then change the Loot Club to give us the extra loot and extra Arena value for xxx many games instead?

That way I do not feel like I HAVE to play right then for so many hours straight or I am losing money.
    You could even make the Loot Club optional for the higher tiers once we've purchased it, for more value.

As an example:
    A $1 Loot Club IAP might give us 5 chests of extra loot and 5 arena point bonuses, and there is no option.
    A $2 Loot Club IAP might give us 15 chests of extra loot and 15 arena point bonuses, and there is no option.
    A $20 Loot Club IAP might give us 300 chests of extra loot and 300 arena point bonuses, but each time we open a chest from a non-arena fight, we can see what the extra item is and CHOOSE whether or not to use up one of our extra loot bonuses. The arena point bonuses would always be used up.

Just my 0.02

12. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    anyone know if there's any news that this will make it to iPhone? as I'm loving the game but would love to be able to play it more and because I don't carry my iPad around every with me the phone would be a more useful fit. especially since it doesn't take advantage of the iPad by showing you all the card description with out you holding down on it anyway.

13. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Check post #36 way back.

14. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Thanks. So there's a little hope :D like I say I'm loving it on iPad anyway, might just have to start taking my iPad to work with me ;)

15. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Their pizzas stink.

16. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    My iPad 2 is not having a great time with this game. I'm getting crashes every 20 minutes or so, usually in the Equip menu. I know it's an old device, but it's listed under the supported devices.

17. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    My ipad mini is the same thing. If this was crash free i would say this was 5 stars.

I just had my first in game crash which really sucks since i was winning.

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Can anyone give me an honest opinion on how free-to-play this is? Is it possible to extract any enjoyment out of the game if I never purchase any moonbux?

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    You can definitely enjoy the game without spending a penny the arena give you a chance to win pizza and you can get rare and unique items from regular quests. The areas also gives you a shot at having club access for a limited time which will unlock any items you find that require access.

I'm not a fan of card comes but I truly enjoy this game

20. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I think its entirely possible to play and enjoy this game without paying for it.

In the early stages there is constant character progression so you are getting stronger regardless of whether you have good items or not. Im curious to see the later stages as the difficulty curve may require rarer items as your character is no longer getting naturally stronger by leveling.

Also im having a terrible time with crashes that i suspect are actually timeouts or disconnects. When my internet is playing up the game takes an age to load and becomes very unstable. I dont have this problem in other internet required games